Jump to content


Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Nun Collapses And Dies In Court Fighting Katy Perry

Recommended Posts

Katy Perry's legal battle against a group of nuns took a sad and unfortunate turn.





Katy Perry's legal battle against a group of nuns took a sad and unfortunate turn.


One of the holy sisters fighting to keep Perry from purchasing a former Catholic convent, Catherine Rose Holzman, 89, collapsed and died during a court hearing in Los Angeles, People confirms.


Hours before her death, Holzman pleaded with Perry to stop the ongoing legal battle. “Katy Perry, please stop,” Holzman told Fox 7. “It’s not doing anyone any good [and it’s] hurting a lot of people.”


Eerie. 


The Witness singer reportedly offered $14.5 million for the property, but the nuns disapproved of Katy's image and refused to budge. 


It's worth mentioning the nuns do not have the legal authority to refuse the sale. But, like, who's going to kick out a bunch of nuns I guess?


Another nun fighting with Holzman, Sister Rita Callanan, told The Los Angeles Times in 2015, “Well, I found Katy Perry, and I found her videos and if it’s all right to say, I wasn’t happy with any of it,” she said.


Naturally, the Internet remained dark and terribly unsympathetic.








Thoughts? Leave a comment below!


And while you're at it... follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP Sis. :blank:
My sympathy goes to Katy also. I've worked with bunch of old womens and it was traumatic.:canthandleit:
Maybe She could strike:paper: a deal like the one with Hugh Hefner and his property? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to be insensitive, but this is the wildest title of anything I've ever read, and I had to click in based on it alone. THAT said....

It is truly sad she passed, and I also don't understand why Katy couldn't just look at other old convents when the church expressed their disinterest in selling it to her. The fact that she took them to court over it.... wow. :ohdear:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JChristian said:

This is all kinds of sad. I'm sure there are plenty of other convents Katy could desecrate with her basic presence. Fighting nuns over a property and one of them dying in the process can't be good karma. I'm legitimately worried for Katy.  :ohdear:

I legit had these same thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys need to know the facts before commenting, especially Jordan as a 'journalist'.

First, the nuns were trying to sell the property and get the money even though they don't have the rights to a woman who's fraudulent. (Reported to have $16 million net worth to mortgage company or whatever, only $4 million a few years later when this case began). She's now filed for bankruptcy. The case only continues because the court might award punitive damages now to the 

Second, the nuns haven't been living there for years.

Third, the nuns DO NOT own this place, thus they are not above the law. After all, it's the law that regulates the society, not words of nuns.

Forth, Katy Perry was gonna buy the property until the nuns tried to interrupt and sell it to the broke person, Dana Hollister. The Archdiocese owned the property. Dana Hollister even knew the nuns didn't have the right to sell. While the nuns claim Katy Perry 'violates their vows', they violate their own religion regulations as well because they did not get approval from the Vatican for such a big amount of sale.

Conclusion, the nuns and Hollister were vicious and whether the nun would secretly have money from the table for a place they don't even own is unknown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

I hate to be insensitive, but this is the wildest title of anything I've ever read, and I had to click in based on it alone. THAT said....

It is truly sad she passed, and I also don't understand why Katy couldn't just look at other old convents when the church expressed their disinterest in selling it to her. The fact that she took them to court over it.... wow. :ohdear:

The church did not express disinterest. The owner and her agreed on a deal. It was FORMER RESIDENTS aka the nun that did not approve it. If the court is proceeding to award PUNITIVE damages, that means Hollister and the nuns have evidently hurt the Church, as it's the Catholic church that's suing them, not necessarily Katy Perry, who went to sing a Christian song for the nuns.

On 3/10/2018 at 10:36 PM, Dripping For Britney said:

It's sad that she died but I cannot stand self righteous religious people. Kicking up a fuss just because a pop star wants to turn an old convent into a house? What's the big deal, we've built neighbourhoods over old graveyards :rlynow:

And they decided to sell to someone who turns a church into a hotel, which nearby residents object.

 

9 hours ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

Condolences to the nun and her sisters

what effin luck Katy Perry has :orangu: 

It's not Katy's luck. In that case, it's Hollister and the nuns' that have effin luck because they have already lost the case, and the court is awarding punitive damages to the Church, who's the main suer in the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Invitation said:

You guys need to know the facts before commenting, especially Jordan as a 'journalist'.

First, the nuns were trying to sell the property and get the money even though they don't have the rights to a woman who's fraudulent. (Reported to have $16 million net worth to mortgage company or whatever, only $4 million a few years later when this case began). She's now filed for bankruptcy. The case only continues because the court might award punitive damages now to the 

Second, the nuns haven't been living there for years.

Third, the nuns DO NOT own this place, thus they are not above the law. After all, it's the law that regulates the society, not words of nuns.

Forth, Katy Perry was gonna buy the property until the nuns tried to interrupt and sell it to the broke person, Dana Hollister. The Archdiocese owned the property. Dana Hollister even knew the nuns didn't have the right to sell. While the nuns claim Katy Perry 'violates their vows', they violate their own religion regulations as well because they did not get approval from the Vatican for such a big amount of sale.

Conclusion, the nuns and Hollister were vicious and whether the nun would secretly have money from the table for a place they don't even own is unknown.

So....this makes it okay a nun died? :squintney:

 

I think you're missing that it's the nun dying that is the messed up part about this story. But thanks for the insight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Invitation said:

You guys need to know the facts before commenting

You do realize that people can post things in a discussion forum's thread without knowing the facts, right? Especially when they never claimed to and are clearly going by what the article itself says? :outwithit: It's actually how people learn new things and share information. Imagine that.

9 hours ago, Invitation said:

The church did not express disinterest. The owner and her agreed on a deal. It was FORMER RESIDENTS aka the nun that did not approve it. If the court is proceeding to award PUNITIVE damages, that means Hollister and the nuns have evidently hurt the Church, as it's the Catholic church that's suing them, not necessarily Katy Perry, who went to sing a Christian song for the nuns.

Fair enough, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JChristian said:

So....this makes it okay a nun died? :squintney:

 

I think you're missing that it's the nun dying that is the messed up part about this story. But thanks for the insight. 

Did I say that it's OK that a nun died? She's 89. Everyone dies at some point, especially of old age. And how is it messed up on Katy Perry's part if she did not do anything wrong? It's mainly the church that's suing the nuns and Dana Hollister, who was sneaky and wrong in the first place. The Catholic church that owns it wanted to sell it in the first place, and the nuns were trying to sell it to someone else after they had a deal. And you decided that Katy was fighting with some nuns over a property, when the church owner was mainly the one that's affected.

I've seen stupid comments from you before, but this surely tops it. Congrats I guess. :indulge:

3 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

You do realize that people can post things in a discussion forum's thread without knowing the facts, right? Especially when they never claimed to and are clearly going by what the article itself says? :outwithit: It's actually how people learn new things and share information. Imagine that.

Fair enough, I guess.

My statement was mainly aimed at Jordan tbh "But, like, who's going to kick out a bunch of nuns I guess?"

That shows he knows nothing about the story he's writing on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite me not liking Katy Perry, I think the nuns didn't have any rights to refuse the sale, but I really ignore the law.

Anyway, the whole thing is kinda gross, and if I was Katy Perry I would've stopped my desires to buy that property the moment I knew there were troubles, I mean, can't she buy something else with all of her money? And now that the nun died, it's like, idk, I wouldn't feel comfortable anymore :squintney:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Despite me not liking Katy Perry, I think the nuns didn't have any rights to refuse the sale, but I really ignore the law.

Anyway, the whole thing is kinda gross, and if I was Katy Perry I would've stopped my desires to buy that property the moment I knew there were troubles, I mean, can't she buy something else with all of her money? And now that the nun died, it's like, idk, I wouldn't feel comfortable anymore :squintney:

The case is not about buying the property anymore. It's about the church suing Dana Hollister, the nuns' buyer for damages because they interfered with the church's interests and the buyer has been proven to be a fraud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×