Nando.

Fans who consider Toxic her best song can be considered fans?

Toxic  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Fans who consider Toxic her best song can be considered fans?

• Yes
    • No

Leave toxic alone... For a lot of younger fans it's usually the entry britney song that bears a lot of memories.

I still remember when i first heard it on radio and did not even know it was by britney spears, the song is iconic.

At this point I’ve heard Toxic so much obviously I wouldn’t pick it for best track. 

If you don’t think it’s her Thriller to the world, you are lying to yourself. 

Also if you became a fan later in life, you can not grasp the impact of when Toxic came out. It sounded so different when it was released. I remember hearing it and I felt like I was in a twilight zone. 

Ppl at my school stoled my Walkman (yes Walkman) and kept repeating it. 

I don’t think ppl can grasp the impact Toxic had if you didn’t live through. Plus the video took it to new levels. 

as I once said, the whole finger pointing at "real fans / fake fans" is so silly, immature, dumb and childish.. I see this a lot in fandoms and it's ridiculous.. this is basically you feeling self-righteous and thinking you're somehow better than fans that might be more casual and less die-hard.. I don't like "Toxic" at all if I'm being honest but taste is taste.. :rlynow:

Like some one els said iv heard it way to many times for it to be my favorite. I really don’t ever have a disiare to listen to that song And usually skip it when listening to in the zone. GLORY is my s--t atm and OOPS will always be my favorite album ❤️

25 minutes ago, AMERICA'S SWEETHEART said:

Oh please, fa.gs like you would cream your panties if Britney released a song like Toxic right now. You made a thread praising Cardi B and Just Love Me though so your opinion means sh*t. What else can I expect from someone who doesn't even know what Breathe On Me means.

According to Brinty herself it's not about sex, it's about "breathing" :tiffcackle:

Well, taste is ambiguous. We can't state who is a real or a fake fan just because they like Toxic. It's one of her trademark songs so it's a welcome track for newer fans so the impact it might have on them would be higher than for fans like me who followed her since the BOMT era. But as others said, if you didn't live during the time Toxic was released the perception of the song ofc will be different. 

Tbh, some of my favorite Britney songs EVER are not even singles, and even they are not even official songs (everyday, ouch, luv the hurt away, state of grace) so if they find Toxic her best song they should be respected and invited to discover more from her discography rather than being excluded or downplayed just because they are newer fans. :pleaseshhh:

My favorite Britney song ever is Overprotected, am I worth it for the b army?  :pleaseshhh: