THOUGHTS on Britney's Ooh La La

typical kids' movie soundtrack song, in the same vein as "Happy" and "Can't Stop the Feeling" though, IMO, a little bit cheesier.. :toocute: I used to enjoy it here and there but I haven't listened to it in a really long while, it's not even in my library just like "Basic Jingles".. :rlynow:

34 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

It's a cute, fun, summer song. I'm glad it's just for a kids movie and not for an album.

this. both the video and song are cute if you take it for what it is - a kid movie soundtrack song.

i think the reason it gets kind of dragged here is because of how her career was going at the time otherwise - she had hits with FF, and then a featured hit with S&S, but i think x-factor set her back a lot career wise and in the eyes of the GP. so had she released oh la la right after a mega successful era, i think it wouldn't get dragged here so much. but again, you have to take it for what it is. no one dragged pharrell or justin for their songs because it was what people expected - but they turned out to be hits. if you expected a hit out of a damn smurfs movie, then yeah you'd be disappointed.

28 minutes ago, rockNroLL227 said:

this. both the video and song are cute if you take it for what it is - a kid movie soundtrack song.

i think the reason it gets kind of dragged here is because of how her career was going at the time otherwise - she had hits with FF, and then a featured hit with S&S, but i think x-factor set her back a lot career wise and in the eyes of the GP. so had she released oh la la right after a mega successful era, i think it wouldn't get dragged here so much. but again, you have to take it for what it is. no one dragged pharrell or justin for their songs because it was what people expected - but they turned out to be hits. if you expected a hit out of a damn smurfs movie, then yeah you'd be disappointed.

God I don't know why because I've always been a casual fan of pretty well everything JT put out but I instantly loathed Can't Stop The Feeling. Every time I would hear it come on the radio or turn to a station it was playing I would just turn the radio off. Its fairly irrational tbh lol 

I love it :donewithit: it was my summer jam in 2013 (I can't believe it's turning 5 this year :dead: )

I just think they didn't put that much effort in making the video. Being the soundtrack of a movie isn't a rule for it to be 50% scenes from the movie (as we've seen in the past with Crazy or Boys which didn't even include scenes from the movie at all). As much as I despise the smurfs, I was actually expecting a little bit better, something more elaborated, like an actual storyline of Britney transporting to their world, rather than just watch them dance as if she was Gulliver or something. 

As cheesy as it would've been to have Britney exploring their world and meeting the blue creatures, I think it would've been more entertaining for everyone, including the kids which was the target audience. The real life movie wasn't that good at all and even less for a music video. 

The only thing I don't like about the song itself is how the choruses lose the beat/music. That's the ultimate mood killer, just like in HIAM's case, only the last chorus feels alive.

She looked amazing in the video, and it deserved a live performance somewhere, at least for GMA or something. 

I always imagine her performing it on tour in some kind of military theme for some reason lol 

She looked beautiful in the video and I'm sure the recording the song fulfilled her happiness as a mommy.

(I hate to bring this up but it's almost like can't stop the feeling)