Do Somethin'

Dream Within a Dream Tour

Dream within a Dream (originally the "Britney" tour) was phenomenal and probably Britney's biggest spectacle to date (even bigger than Vegas).  Britney as an entertainer was at her peak (her peak continued through Onyx) but she truly was larger than life at this point in her career.  The costumes, the theme, the set-list, the stage, the special effects, the hyped up HBO special (Elvis inspired outfit/commercial/Vegas), the Pepsi sponsorship - probably one of my favorite era's to be a Britney fan.  

3 minutes ago, ralphynno said:

This is iconic.

I see Onyx being praised a lot here, but I don't think it comes as near as dance-wise, outfit-wise, production-wise, everything-wise as good as DWAD. One of the aspects I really like is that almost each song had a 'theme' and special unique moments, almost as if each one was an MV. The big irony is that she could still take all of that away and just dance instead in a empty stage, and it would still be amazing. Nowadays (POM and FF Tour) that she really needs more production, not 1/4 of the effort is put on that part; almost zero iconic new outfits were created for these shows, we get less and cheaper props and I think this is really sad.

This! :truthtea::staysalty:

1 minute ago, ralphynno said:

This is iconic.

I see Onyx being praised a lot here, but I don't think it comes as near as dance-wise, outfit-wise, production-wise, everything-wise as good as DWAD. One of the aspects I really like is that almost each song had a 'theme' and special unique moments, almost as if each one was an MV. The big irony is that she could still take all of that away and just dance instead in a empty stage, and it would still be amazing. Nowadays (POM and FF Tour) that she really needs more production, not 1/4 of the effort is put on that part; almost zero iconic new outfits were created for these shows, we get less and cheaper props and I think this is really sad.

Even during "Overprotected" she started out just on her own, and in "Stronger" there were moments when it was only her on stage.  In the middle of the spectacle, she could shine on her own and managed to remain the center of attention.  

I too feel that some of her costumes now are ridiculously cheap and they aren't even costumes - they are underwear and leotards.  I get that her signature crop top/pants may be out of style, but my god when she goes back to that it looks very good on her.  I also like when she has accessories - like a jacket.  The opening "Oops" costume with the black jacket lined in red is just perfection on her and it looked SO good while she was dancing.

Onyx was scaled back - not even a catwalk.  Her dancing was at the top of her game and the theme and costumes were still good but DWAD wasn't topped.  

6 minutes ago, The_Original_Toy said:

POM says hi 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

:janet:

Yeah but POM outfits sucks :truthtea: she removed the water back in 2016 :truthtea:and the only thing left is the bungee jumping and we don't know if she'll do it in her upcoming summer tour :truthtea::imok:

4 hours ago, tommy_boy said:

Btw, I watched this video yesterday I think and she was talking about the DWAD Tour "revamped" and she said at 0:35 that she changed a couple of things in Slave 4 U (?)

I'm confused. What did she change in that song? :slowdown::huh:

omg what a nice interview, never seen it 

5 hours ago, tommy_boy said:

When you watch this show and you realize it's from 2001-2002, isn't it crazy how amazing, perfect and better than everything was done at the time and even nowdays?

And those rehearsals where she was singing live unbothered. :yasqueen: 

and they had much less time to create the concept of the tour and the choreography 

I recognize why it's her most liked show, but in person, I found it a bit annoying at the time. There was no way to have a seat where you got a perfect view of everything due to the odd stage layout. You'd end up with Britney's back to you or nowhere near you at times even when you paid alot for amazing tickets (I was 4th row, in the kind of "pit"  between the two stages at one gig). It was better to watch at home. The show was such a spectacle, it was more like watching a Cirque Du Soleil or a DVD filming than an actual concert. I went twice to the first leg and Britney never sang a note live. She really didn't engage the audience as much as on Oops! because she was SO in character....like I said, it's a fantastic show to watch at home on DVD, but in person it felt a bit impersonal IMO. Like the highlight I really remember was when that thing comes up from ground after "Crazy", when she welcomes you to a world "where anything can happen", anyway, that thing came up and she tripped on it and totally fell down and like laughed and gave a big dorky Britney grin.

I also think maybe as I got older I was just less comfortable at her shows. That weird age before you can drink alcohol but aren't a kid. Nobody was dancing or anything....uncomfortable tweens. Closeted teens hoping they'll catch someone looking at them or see a gay but not having any clue what to do beyond that.

Notice how they used dwad as an inspiration for pom, yet it doesn't have the same impact? 

1. The flying ball in pom is like the barge that flies during I love Rock and roll and baby.  The ball is just an entrance though and has no dancing like the party that they had on the barge 

2. Jumping off the tree is like the bungee of the barge which leads into what it's like to be me. Except the WILTBM dancing is one of her best and toxic is meh 

3. The screens in circus are a reference to the dance battle of lonely in dwad. Cannot compare the dancing. 

4. The sprinkles of water during toxic are like the torrential down pour in baby (dwad).  Granted, Vegas is a city that has no water.... So sustainable queen! 

They seriously need to hire wade Robson again. U bet you the circus tour would have been even better if he had directed it. They clearly wanted to recreate the dwad magic. 

Also, there is video of Britney saying that she would never be able to top that show (dwad).