Chaoscontrol

Donkey Kong 64 (Update, again!)

Update: After finally beating the stupid arcade game, I have beat the final boss as well. The final battle was actually incredibly funny and thought out. Now to get them Golden Bananas! 101% here I come! 

Venting thread.

So I got my old N64 hooked up, so figured I would plug in ole DK64. This game is on my bucket list, it's like 18 years in progress. 

I CANNOT GET PAST THE FREAKING DK ARCADE GAME IN THE TOY FACTORY. 

I am getting so frustrated, anyone who has played this game knows exactly what part I'm talking about. 

Seriously, has anyone here ever beaten this?:beynah: Does anyone even know what I'm talking about?:overwhelm:

7 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

ugh, the N64 was a bit before my prime, I'm so jealous, I missed out on a whole generation of gaming classics.. definitely buying one when I have the opportunity.. :yasqueen:

Dude you didn't miss out on just an entire generation of classics, you missed out on the KING of video game systems! N64 is the s--t, to this day even nothing compares!

49 minutes ago, IUSAtonight said:

Wow a N64. I thought they were extinct. I've never played a DK game so i wouldn't know :verycool:

Well technically they are in terms of retail as they were discontinued by Nintendo in 2002 (?). But that doesn't mean those who owned one can't still play it as long as it works. 

On 2/25/2018 at 5:54 PM, Chaoscontrol said:

Venting thread.

So I got my old N64 hooked up, so figured I would plug in ole DK64. This game is on my bucket list, it's like 11 years in progress. 

I CANNOT GET PAST THE FREAKING DK ARCADE GAME IN THE TOY FACTORY. 

I am getting so frustrated, anyone who has played this game knows exactly what part I'm talking about. 

Seriously, has anyone here ever beaten this?:beynah: Does anyone even know what I'm talking about?:overwhelm:

DUDE I GOT THAT GAME BACK WHEN IT CAME OUT AND I WASN'T ABLE TO PASS THAT ARCADE UNTIL LIKE 2012 :orangu: 

59 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

DUDE I GOT THAT GAME BACK WHEN IT CAME OUT AND I WASN'T ABLE TO PASS THAT ARCADE UNTIL LIKE 2012 :orangu: 

Dude it is killing me. I ended up going and buying a NEW N64 controller today from a retro gaming store because mine are so old and the joysticks are worn out. 

I am determined to get this. I am working on Mario 64 (two more power stars left for 120) and then it's back to DK. 

Any tips for round two of the arcade game? :( 

8 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

Dude it is killing me. I ended up going and buying a NEW N64 controller today from a retro gaming store because mine are so old and the joysticks are worn out. 

I am determined to get this. I am working on Mario 64 (two more power stars left for 120) and then it's back to DK. 

Any tips for round two of the arcade game? :( 

i don't remember, but i knew it wasn't easy. 

maybe this?