We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Selena Gomez Was Reportedly Invited To Headline The 2019 Super Bowl Halftime Show

There's a rumor going around that Selena Gomez was asked to headline the Halftime Show for the Super Bowl LIII in Atlanta.

There's a rumor going around that Selena Gomez was asked to headline the Halftime Show for the Super Bowl LIII in Atlanta.

I know, I know. This is definitely 10,000% not happening, but this was too juicy not to share with you.

Brazilian fan forum, Pandlr, claims the NFL asked Gomez to perform, but they're still awaiting her response. There's no receipts for the speculation, but we're not taking this too seriously anyway.

See what Exhale is saying about this.

There's even a setlist and artwork for her alleged 2019 stint floating around.

"Same Old Love"

"Fetish"

"It Ain't Me"

"Hands To Myself"

"Good For You"

"The Heart Wants What It Wants"

"Bad Liar"

"Wolves"

"Come & Get It"

Obviously this is far beyond the realm of possibility for several reasons.

1.) Gomez has remained out of the spotlight as best she could lately to focus on her mental and physical health. A Super Bowl performance in front of the entire world is not exactly conducive of that, and...

2.) She's focused on recording a followup to 2015's Revival - even if it takes her 10 years.

Also, I think Britney Spears fans will have a revolt if this came to fruition.

I'm a Selena stan, but homegirl needs to seriously work on creating an iconic stage persona for herself before embarking on something that demanding and special. And her catalogue? Unless she puts out some serious pop bangers, I fear 100 million people will doze off.

Screw it, I'm down.

Would YOU be here for a Selena Gomez x Super Bowl performance? Leave a comment below!

And while you're at it... follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.