PerfumeGuy

Which one is a better album for you: Glory or Britney Jean?

Which album is better according to you?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Which album is better according to you?

• Glory
    • Britney Jean

8 hours ago, TomM0RE said:

Overall I prefer Britney Jean but since Britney is not the lead singer in the majority of the songs I have to choose Glory (even if it contains many songs I really don’t like)

:gross::gross::gross::gross:

I know these things should be opinions, but gurl

:gross::gross::gross:

I’m curious about the nostalgia factor some of y’all feel for BJ. Maybe the album came out during an important time in your life?

My only memories of it are the disappointment of the horror show it turned out to be, and how I kept listening to songs just so that they’d become familiar enough for me to superficially like. The anticipation for the album was when I was lurking here the most before making an Exhale account, but when the 30 second iTunes snippets leaked, it was already really obvious how something didn’t feel right. 

I honestly think of Work Bitch as a stand alone single. 

And at this point, the only BJ songs I actively listen to are Work Bitch and the leaked Alien version (because the album one is horrid). I also do like Perfume (The Dreaming Mix), but that requires a more specific and less-frequent mood. 

To me, BJ is more single potential while Glory is a album-album.

The ironic thing is Glory is far more personal than BJ.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about detailing everything in your life.

It's about she has this passion to share. ("I had SEX, y'all!!!")

It comes more naturally.

And the whole vibe is pleasurable.

glory is better, because the individual songs are better, the vocals are better, the production is SO much better, she sounds more alive, etc. 

bj is a lot more relatable to me, and if executed properly, it wouldve been the better album, lyrically, vocally, aesthetically it had so much potential 

WB shouldve been released as a stand alone single, or as a dancey/EDM ep before vegas. it wouldve sold just as much as the album because the only promo bj had was the success of WB. Then, in between vegas legs, she shouldve finished bj as an actaully mature/personal record, with glory-level production and vocals, perfume being the lead single. with more time to work on it, it wouldnt have been so rushed and incohesive and brit wouldve actually been able to put work into it and have a passion for it. myah jean wouldnt have happened. it wouldve come out in 2014/15, when sad club songs were pretty popular, and would get a lot of critical attention for being lyrically deep and personally insightful, like a sad, dancy lana del rey record, but also with more acoustic ballads like perfume, HOT, and DC. because brit had actually cared about the album, more of it would've been included in the vegas show.  then, after that underperformed (but probably still better than bj really performed), they wouldve taken a break to focus on vegas, and later glory. 

1 hour ago, Iexpectyouto said:

glory is better, because the individual songs are better, the vocals are better, the production is SO much better, she sounds more alive, etc. 

bj is a lot more relatable to me, and if executed properly, it wouldve been the better album, lyrically, vocally, aesthetically it had so much potential 

WB shouldve been released as a stand alone single, or as a dancey/EDM ep before vegas. it wouldve sold just as much as the album because the only promo bj had was the success of WB. Then, in between vegas legs, she shouldve finished bj as an actaully mature/personal record, with glory-level production and vocals, perfume being the lead single. with more time to work on it, it wouldnt have been so rushed and incohesive and brit wouldve actually been able to put work into it and have a passion for it. myah jean wouldnt have happened. it wouldve come out in 2014/15, when sad club songs were pretty popular, and would get a lot of critical attention for being lyrically deep and personally insightful, like a sad, dancy lana del rey record, but also with more acoustic ballads like perfume, HOT, and DC. because brit had actually cared about the album, more of it would've been included in the vegas show.  then, after that underperformed (but probably still better than bj really performed), they wouldve taken a break to focus on vegas, and later glory. 

:kyliecry:

My issue with Britney Jean is that I can relate to most of the songs. I mean, Till It´s Gone, Don´t Cry, Now That I Found You, even Perfume lol. It's so relatable. But she's not singing it and that ruins my experience. I have seriously mixed feelings. 

Britney Jean is definetly nostalgic, and for that I can't really criticize it cause I'd be bias lol. It's probably her worst album to date, and the whole myah thing is so cringe but when I listen to the album it takes me back to my junior year of high school. But there are some gems on that album like don't cry and hold on tight :verycool: