breatheheavy

Avril Lavigne Says Her New Album Will Be Done In Two Weeks

Come through, Avril!

Avril Lavigne offers an album update.

UPDATE // APRIL 23:

Avril Lavigne is still putting the finishing touches on her forthcoming album.

Every two weeks or so, the singer claims the record is in the final mixing stages, but it appears she's nervous to pull the trigger. Despite claiming months ago it was done (see below), Avril told People mag this weekend she's two weeks out from finishing. At least she's consistent!

[adinserter block="1"]

"I’ve written a really powerful record, [a] really emotional album sort of reflecting where I am today," she said. "I’m going to release that this year. I’m actually going to be done in two weeks."

Come through, Avril!

UPDATE // APRIL 12:

Avril, sis, stop toying with us and release this. Check out her latest snaps below.

Months after the singer said her album was in the final mixing stages, Avril popped up to share a picture working on the project and said it's in the homestretch.

2018 needs you Avril!

[adinserter block="2"]

A post shared by Avril Lavigne (@avrillavigne) on

Homestretch Bitches

A post shared by Avril Lavigne (@avrillavigne) on

UPDATE // FEBRUARY 25:

Avril tricked us! In the original story below, the singer confirmed her album was done and in the final mixing stages, but over the weekend, Av posted a black & white photo of her in the recording studio creating new music.

"Late night studio vocal session," she said.

[adinserter block="2"]

It appears Lavigne wasn't completely satisfied with the project and is putting a few more finishing touches on it.

Related: Avril Lavigne Surprise Visited A KIIS FM Radio Station, New Music Coming Soon

Hey, we've waited this long for a new album, what's another mini-delay? Don't answer that. See her new Tweet

and read the full story after that below:

EARLIER // FEBRUARY 7:

Avril has been hard at work on her new album for a while now. The "17" singer dealt with some serious health issues over the last couple of years from complications with Lyme disease, so it's understandable she's taking her time recording a followup to 2013's self-titled, but it appears the new music is finally near.

Last month, Avril described the album in a few words: "Personal, dear, intimate, dramatic, raw, powerful, strong and unexpected," she wrote. "This record is a true emotional journey."

Today (Feb. 7), she elaborated the LP is near completion.

"I’m so f---ing pumped," she began. "Waking up so excited. February is a great month. I’ve started mixing my album and all of the pieces are finally coming together. These songs are so close to my heart. Wish me luck while I throw every last drop of me into these final stages."

Avril added: "Time is power. And I needed this time. To live. To write. To go through my ups and downs. And while I am eager to get this done ha I’ve finally learned to enjoy the journey, the ride, the present time."

See the note below:

Come through, Avril! It's been far too long.

Are YOU excited for Avril's new music? Leave a comment below!

And while you're at it... follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

I think she said she would be finishing production by the end of February. So i would expect a lead single in March :kyliecry:

Also i love how Jordan's copy pasting the lyme disease part from his previous AL post :tiffcackle:

3 hours ago, IUSAtonight said:

Such an underrated album :otears:

I like GL but i would prefer more of a Let go or Under my skin kind of vibe 

I felt like the tried to get back to her roots with GL. I wish she could dig a little deeper and give us the magic from her first two albums