We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

popprison

Pop singers not doing "pop"

Why are these artists going semi country/acoustic/folk like Timberlake, lady Gaga and Miley? It's not a good sound for them. They should stick with what they're successful at. I really hope britney doesn't try it either.

Why? Is it because they don't have to dance as much when they perform and they are getting less energetic as they age

Or they want to be taken "seriously" for whatever reason, lol they already have all the money in the world

Or is it because they are in contract to release music and want to fulfill that bit don't want to be famous and dance on stage anymore so they are purposely releasing albums that will make them less popular

it's called trend.... commercial artists & record labels usually follow trends, even Kylie Minogue's new single has a lot of country style

I really don't like it, coz out of the USA nobody cares for that type of music but it's my personal opinion  :imok:

I hope Britney brings me dancing pop old-school type of song, she needs to revitalize the pop scene :lessons:

It is just a part of the trend really, each year all the artists try to do something new.

However I am curious about who started this country trend, because it definitely not good at all :imok:.

I did like Gaga's album I think it was great, Kylie's new single needed to go through mixing more it feels a bit unfinished. JT new album sucks unfortunately, I was pretty excited about it. 

9 hours ago, BraveGraphics said:

However I am curious about who started this country trend, because it definitely not good at all :imok:

Jessica Simpson in 2008 with Do You Know :staysalty:

Ever since I see at as something US artists want to do to be taken more seriously :yaknow:

On 2/7/2018 at 1:02 PM, pablitonizer said:

it's called trend.... commercial artists & record labels usually follow trends, even Kylie Minogue's new single has a lot of country style

I really don't like it, coz out of the USA nobody cares for that type of music but it's my personal opinion  :imok:

I hope Britney brings me dancing pop old-school type of song, she needs to revitalize the pop scene :lessons:

exactly my point, this "trend" hasn't worked for any of them. or am I missing one that it did work for?

On 2/7/2018 at 2:38 PM, I Always Sing Live said:

probably wanting to be taken more seriously and I don't see that as a bad thing... I'm so tired of the 2013 EDM sound or the 2016 tropical house Bieber sound that anything else sounds OH SO REFRESHING!!! :imok:

yes, that's dunzo fo sho

On 2/8/2018 at 4:35 AM, BraveGraphics said:

It is just a part of the trend really, each year all the artists try to do something new.

However I am curious about who started this country trend, because it definitely not good at all :imok:.

I did like Gaga's album I think it was great, Kylie's new single needed to go through mixing more it feels a bit unfinished. JT new album sucks unfortunately, I was pretty excited about it. 

Yes, it hasn't gotten any of them an actual "hit" if that's what they were aiming for. Maybe this Chris Stapleton duet will be. I was really hoping for a pop-dance record from JT!

19 hours ago, toy soldier. said:

The trends in pop music the past couple of year have been so boring. I feel like EDM was the best because it's the most similar to pop, but songs that have tropical beats instead of choruses and country-pop songs are honestly the worst

mte

I hope this year will be pop, dance, techno, house, trap, anything but pop trying to be country/folk/polka/bluegrass

On 7.2.2018 at 7:02 PM, pablitonizer said:

The same thing i thought about the us and EDM, guess i was wrong :lessons: