breatheheavy

Quincy Jones Thinks Taylor Swift Makes Bad Music

I agree about songs like "We are never getting back together", "22", "Shake it off", but Taylor has a-lot of  singer song writer songs. Most of the unreleased portion of Red  for example... "I Almost do", "The Moment I knew", "All too Well", "The Last Time". She isn't one of those artists that shows up and records what they give her. She is present from the beginning to the end  of her song's writing and production. That is extremely rare in pop these days. Yes, I am a big fan of Taylor Swift, but i also call this producer out on his snobbery and biased opinion. 

4 hours ago, abandon06 said:

I agree about songs like "We are never getting back together", "22", "Shake it off", but Taylor has a-lot of  singer song writer songs. Most of the unreleased portion of Red  for example... "I Almost do", "The Moment I knew", "All too Well", "The Last Time". She isn't one of those artists that shows up and records what they give her. She is present from the beginning to the end  of her song's writing and production. That is extremely rare in pop these days. Yes, I am a big fan of Taylor Swift, but i also call this producer out on his snobbery and biased opinion. 

Then why is it unreleased? I don’t think she is talentless but I can see where he came from. She writes her songs but it has the same formula - although there are worse examples, he just went off what the interviewer asked

The rest of the interview is funny and interesting. He has lots of stories !

Too lazy for downvoting, although I thought I could have done it to celebrate my love for Taylor :) 

But doing it with this post

What can I say, Taylor is a controversial queen. Loves it!

I can only honestly say that Taylor's music is one-of-a-kind for me, especially re putation. It goes to the places in my heart no other artist goes to.

It just #works for me and for a lot of people :) 

Glad that I have seen the light!!!

On 2/7/2018 at 7:23 AM, LostInAnImage said:

Great, now Taylor is going to write like three albums calling him out, and we'll be subjected to it on the radio. 

I often feel like Taylor's songs are more universal than just the calling-out narrative. They are perhaps meant to be enjoyed more broadly.

29 minutes ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

He has lots of stories !

Couldn't care less about these stories when he is so negative. Oh wait actually I could about him and these stories, but still I am sure you will get my point. It just seems a little hypocritical, maybe that's not the right word. But subjective it is nonetheless. There is no universal standard to call Taylor's music bad. Or is there?