We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Oh Hell No. Justin Timberlake Says Having A Vegas Residency "Feels Like You're Planning Your Retirement"

Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Jennifer Lopez, Cher, Bruno Mars, Elton John and Celine Dion are apparently planning their retirement.

Justin Timberlake had some choice words about performing a residency in Las Vegas.

During JT's 30-minute interview with Beats 1 host Zane Lowe on Apple Music, Lowe asked the Man of the Woods singer if he'd ever consider having a Las Vegas residency.

There have been multiple reports/rumors in the last year that JT was eying a residency at The Park Theater inside Monte Carlo where Ricky Martin, Cher, Bruno Mars, soon-to-be Lady Gaga and possibly Britney Spears perform.

“I wouldn’t rule it out if it was something that was different," he said with extreme hesitation. "It feels like you’re planning your retirement."

See what Exhale is saying about this.

He added that idea is "scary" and that no one did it better than Prince.

It goes without saying that is very disappointing. Las Vegas is quickly becoming, if not THE, music capital of the world. It's also worth mentioning that earlier in the interview, Timberlake laments about how arduous and taxing a world tour is.

I'm turned off, and y'all know I'm a JT STAN, but this is unsavory.

Thoughts on Justin's comments? Leave a comment below!

And while you're at it... follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

I kind of hope doing a Vegas residency doesn't become a "cool" thing to do. Imagine if all the good artists just stay in Vegas all the time. In my opinion, expecting fans to pay to travel places instead of just going on tour is kind of selfish unless there's a legitimate reason for needing to stay in one place.

He is so calculated I'm sure this was his way of indirectly shading britney but trying to not make it obvious. He has gone through a lot of media training, I'm sure he knew how this would be perceived when his ex girlfriend who he has history of calling "a bitch" and trashed in one of his biggest songs has done a residency. He even had the nerve to say Prince did it the best, but if I remember correctly Prince did not like JT and actually shaded him a couple times. JT dissed him also in the song "Give it to Me". 

His new single clearly needs some Britney-related headlines :brityawning:

How tragic to know the only reason you have a career is because of your ex girlfriend and the many times you've slandered her in order to sell records (Cry Me A River video lookalike, many many interviews with Britney mentioned etc etc...) 

He might has a point... but I'd say having a Vegas residency in Britney's case it's like being awarded for being a Legend together with all the other Legends. Now after Britney has done it will probably become just a thing having artists in Vegas performing... by the time Justin get there it will mean nothing...

I'm sick of him sometimes playing smart and cool... what a pleaser ...

1 hour ago, Julienfrance said:

No lies detected... Except the Prince part... 

:sneer:

Btw, he's a dumbass... :lollipop:

So being in a residency for 10+ years like Celine is considered a retirement? She's still making millions. 

Britney did the same for 4 years selling 85% of the tickets and still managed to make extra money with her asian tour. And she will keep releasing music and performing for years (cause she has a contract) I can't call it a retirement if you're still working and have the chance to do other stuff cause your name's big enough to do so :whitney:

JT's just jealous cause he knows that he wouldn't be able to sell tickets in a residency. He even releases music every 5+ years cause his team knows that people wouldn't buy his stuff if he did consecutive releases 

And yes he's a dumbass...

7 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Says someone who's released 3 albums in 15 years and is about to release the fourth,  working with literally the same people? Somehow even implying that retiring is a bad thing?

The guy can only dream being as iconic as Britney and Gaga are. 

:wigsnatched:

1 hour ago, breatheheavy said:

No lies sis sorry 

It's a bold statement. Do you really think people are checking for Vegas as some sort of music mecca right now? Please. Don't assume ALL people in the world think of Vegas like that. Most people in the world can't even afford buying a flight to the US let alone travel to Las Vegas. 

A pop music capital in the US? I'll give you that. THE music capital of the world? Sorry but no. I think you're putting too much weight into what Vegas actually signifies in the industry at large. And that might be because of the quality and popularity of the performers working there. But there's other music stuff happening in the world.