We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Urbanney

Is anyone else getting tired?

I’m probably going to get downvoted and get a lot of sh!t for this post (if anyone even reads all of it), but I just felt the need to post it.

Is anyone else just getting tired as a Britney fan and here on Exhale? I keep coming here and find myself just getting annoyed. It’s the same things all the time. Discussing Britney’s looks, complaining about POM, new IG pics of her working out, with Sam, or her kids, praising or bashing past albums or eras, etc. 

I know that’s basically all we have to discuss, but I’ve been coming here and lately and finding myself not even having the motivation to post or read posts most of the time. I’ll start typing a reply to a post and just think “nope, not worth it” and just leave the site. 

It’a tiring being a fan of someone who doesn’t seem to really be that into what she’s doing anymore. Obviously she cares somewhat and enjoys it somewhat, but she also thinks she can get away with acting appalled that people say she lip syncs. She released an album that she only sang like half of the vocals on and was a disaster of an album. She has only given us two singles and therefore, two music videos the past two eras. She has basically only promoted POM the past two eras. She promotes her fitness and perfumes more than her new music. 

I hate to be all negative because I’m grateful she’s still making music and giving us anything at all, and I know it’s in between eras so it’s not the most exciting of times, but it just kinda sucks imo right now. Obviously I’ll never stop being a fan and I’m not leaving here, but I just feel weird feeling this way because I’ve been on Exhale for 8 years, and none of this has really bothered me, but now I’m just finding myself more worn out by coming here than enjoying it. :( 

I think it's just that she gives so little in the way of genuine passion anymore that fans are frustrated and this is a place to vent that. It's unfortunate, but Britney clearly sees what she does as a hobby and doesn't care for fans feelings too much. She cares if her ego is getting a bashing ie the Israeli lip syncing saga - but as far as having that connection with her career, her art and the people that got her here: not so much.

Most people on here collectively feel the same kind of disappointment and so it does look like a coven of negativity! But it's a place to express it so I for one am grateful for that. I do agree with your post though, that it's become tiring to be a fan of her and that in itself is not the way it's supposed to be or how you should feel towards an artist you love :umsaywhat:

5 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

I only come here for the humor and to have something to clear my mind from

my opinions and viewpoints don't depend on what people write here, regardless of me agreeing with them or not

i understand where you're coming from though

Agree.

34 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

only come here for the humor and to have something to clear my mind from

I so agree with this, I am so entertained here that sometimes I forget it's a Britney fan board, I've just become immune to all the craziness lol! 

I will say this, exhale is the one place I have that truly can take away all my anxieties (as weird as that sounds). No matter how anxious or down I am, I can always count on this place to make me feel safe and welcome. It's like my little security blanket.

god that sounds so fucking cheesy:anxiety: it's true though:urite:

4 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I’m probably going to get downvoted and get a lot of sh!t for this post (if anyone even reads all of it), but I just felt the need to post it.

Is anyone else just getting tired as a Britney fan and here on Exhale? I keep coming here and find myself just getting annoyed. It’s the same things all the time. Discussing Britney’s looks, complaining about POM, new IG pics of her working out, with Sam, or her kids, praising or bashing past albums or eras, etc. 

I know that’s basically all we have to discuss, but I’ve been coming here and lately and finding myself not even having the motivation to post or read posts most of the time. I’ll start typing a reply to a post and just think “nope, not worth it” and just leave the site. 

It’a tiring being a fan of someone who doesn’t seem to really be that into what she’s doing anymore either. Obviously she cares somewhat and enjoys it somewhat, but she also thinks she can get away with acting appalled that people say she lip syncs. She released an album that she only sang like half of the vocals on and was a disaster of an album. She has only given us two singles and therefore, two music videos the past two eras. She has basically only promoted POM the past two eras. She promotes her fitness and perfumes more than her new music. 

I hate to be all negative because I’m grateful she’s still making music and giving us anything at all, and I know it’s in between eras so it’s not the most exciting of times, but it just kinda sucks imo right now. Obviously I’ll never stop being a fan and I’m not leaving here, but I just feel weird feeling this way because I’ve been on Exhale for 8 years, and none of this has really bothered me, but now I’m just finding myself more worn out by coming here than enjoying it. :( 

Nah, you're making sense. There's a lot of points I agree with in your post. Britney's got a damn great looking body and I can see wanting to show it off. It does seem like she promotes her workouts more than anything else. 

Maybe this is a sign that you need to take a break from the forum? Sometimes that needs to happen if there's just so little to talk about. I used to be a member of a Falco community on Live Journal and the moderator and I were talking back and forth about how there's so little to talk about. You're dealing with an artist that's been dead for years, unreleased material has practically dried up. You just don't have the advantage of talking about a person that's doing a lot of things, always out and about, etc. Britney's not dead but she's on a routine of pretty much doing the same things. Even with POM ending, I imagine the rest of the schedule of what she normally does will stay in place. 

Britney/Team Britney need to find some way to deal with certain issues because I think a lot of it points back to how they handle stuff. They're gonna end up losing more and more fans with the sh!t they pull. That lip syncing denial was just off the wall. And goodness knows I know a lot of people were (rightfully) angry about it or wondering if Britney's on another planet to think she can pull a whopper out like that and people buy it. I've said on other posts that I don't "stan" anybody. If an entertainer you like does or says something that makes you :wtfdidusay:, I think those feelings need to be felt. They shouldn't be excused. 

You are not negative. It's actually normal how the situation is onsite too. Britney is not doing anything, obviously there won't be much to talk about so it's the same subjects recycled. Once she starts doing something new and worth it, we will have new things to discuss. :mattafact:

41 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

I so agree with this, I am so entertained here that sometimes I forget it's a Britney fan board, I've just become immune to all the craziness lol! 

I will say this, exhale is the one place I have that truly can take away all my anxieties (as weird as that sounds). No matter how anxious or down I am, I can always count on this place to make me feel safe and welcome. It's like my little security blanket.

giphy.gif

48 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

It's not cheesy I feel the same 

giphy.gif

I don't take Exhale seriously and my opinions are never influenced by this website anyway? But, yeah Britney's over it, she lost that passion. It's just a job for her now and I get it, she's done everything she wanted in her early twenties, now she just wants to be a mom and have a regular job that is convenient to her kids, school, and everything. Which is understandable, but can be disappointing to her fans. Oh well. However, I wouldn't want to be a fan of people like Beyonce or Taylor Swift tbh. Not into that kind of music or their personas, too commercial and fake. 

15 minutes ago, Brichney. said:

I don't take Exhale seriously and my opinions are never influenced by this website anyway? But, yeah Britney's over it, she lost that passion. It's just a job for her now and I get it, she's done everything she wanted in her early twenties, now she just wants to be a mom and have a regular job that is convenient to her kids, school, and everything. Which is understandable, but can be disappointing to her fans. Oh well. However, I wouldn't want to be a fan of people like Beyonce or Taylor Swift tbh. Not into that kind of music or their personas, too commercial and fake. 

Not that I want to be a fan of Taylor but I'm so jealous of her fans and the fact how close she is to them. Fake or not it's a fact she cares so much  about them and is being really sweet and and genuine with them, even to the point of inviting them to her house to listen to her new album.  I wish Britney was like that :(