We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

DJ White Shadow Says Lady Gaga’s New Album Is ARTPOP’s Little Sister

Recommended Posts

Just now, I Always Sing Live said:

By itself Donatella is good, but with Fashion! on the album, it feels unnecessary! Applause... idk... I just don't. :bpo:

I love Applause haha, I'll never forget when I first heard it cause Gaga brought the release day up early. And I see what you mean about Donatella/Fashion!. I love both songs, have you heard the Fashion! demo? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't heard ARTPOP in full but if it's anything like Venus, I call it trash. That song is a musical and lyrical mess combined with a dated 2012 EDM hook (the "goddess of love" part). Same thing with GUY and Aura, although the latter is actually OK.

TFM and the singles from The Fame are pop perfection. Amazing production, great lyrics and excelent vocals. DJWS brings the absolute opposite of that from Gaga. 

I really hope she doesn't go back to that "Judas voice" she had in lots of her songs in the BTW and ARTPOP eras.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

I haven't heard ARTPOP in full but if it's anything like Venus, I call it trash. That song is a musical and lyrical mess combined with a dated 2012 EDM hook (the "goddess of love" part). Same thing with GUY and Aura, although the latter is actually OK.

TFM and the singles from The Fame are pop perfection. Amazing production, great lyrics and excelent vocals. DJWS brings the absolute opposite of that from Gaga. 

I really hope she doesn't go back to that "Judas voice" she had in lots of her songs in the BTW and ARTPOP eras.

I actually really like "G.U.Y.," so ARTPOP just probably isn't your cup of tea. But, I'd still give "Sexxx Dreams," "Do What U Want," and "Gypsy" a listen, they're all pretty great. But in the name of all that is holy, stay the hell away from "Jewels n' Drugs"; it's the worst thing Gaga has ever done (and should be considered a crime against humanity). 

Totally agree with you re: TF and TFM, the latter is nearly unparalleled pop perfection. I almost feel like she released it too early in her career, as she could've milked TF for quite a bit longer (so many potential hit singles--e.g.,"Starstruck" would've smashed in 2008/2009), and TFM was so good it's honestly going to be nearly impossible for her to ever top it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MC The Songbird Supreme said:

The dramatics lol I like Artpop. Sure its not her best album and the era was a disaster but overall a good album. I also like DJWS as a producer. He produced Bloody Mary, Government Hooker, Sex Dreams etc. so many amazing songs. I like RedOne too but he lacks creative drive. All of his 2017 productions sound like 2011 :umwtf: Whatever magic him and Gaga had from 2008 to 2011 has ran out because I dont even think Gagas creative input can even save the disaster basic generic production of redone's 2017 work. 

I agree with the first half of your post 100%, but as someone still hoping for at least one or two RedOne collaborations, I was surprised to hear that he's lost his touch; I honestly had no idea he'd even done anything since his work with Gaga. What did he produce this year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I listen to the BTW album much more than TF or TFM. 

TFM is really cohesive but it’s only 8 songs. Pound for pound songs like Marry the Night, Judas, You and I, Edge of Glory, Bloody Mary, Electric Chapel, Born this Way, Government Hooker, Sheibe, Heavy Metal Lover and Hair make up a remarkable album. 

ARTPOP as an album is actually quite fun and it’s pretty good, but that era was a goddamned mess for soooo many reasons but she’s on a much better path now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, somnambulist said:

I listen to the BTW album much more than TF or TFM. 

TFM is really cohesive but it’s only 8 songs. Pound for pound songs like Marry the Night, Judas, You and I, Edge of Glory, Bloody Mary, Electric Chapel, Born this Way, Government Hooker, Sheibe, Heavy Metal Lover and Hair make up a remarkable album. 

ARTPOP as an album is actually quite fun and it’s pretty good, but that era was a goddamned mess for soooo many reasons but she’s on a much better path now. 

"Bloody Mary" is one of the best Gaga songs ever IMO, so underrated. I know it would've flopped commercially, but I wish it had been a single because the music video would've been amazing. :kyliecry:

However, I'm so excited she's performing it at the Joanne World Tour, because my date is less than a month away! (And to make it even better, she's performing them in a segment with "Paparazzi" and "Dancin' in Circles," which are two of my other favorites.)  :letitburn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

I actually really like "G.U.Y.," so ARTPOP just probably isn't your cup of tea. But, I'd still give "Sexxx Dreams," "Do What U Want," and "Gypsy" a listen, they're all pretty great. But in the name of all that is holy, stay the hell away from "Jewels n' Drugs"; it's the worst thing Gaga has ever done (and should be considered a crime against humanity). 

Totally agree with you re: TF and TFM, the latter is nearly unparalleled pop perfection. I almost feel like she released it too early in her career, as she could've milked TF for quite a bit longer (so many potential hit singles--e.g.,"Starstruck" would've smashed in 2008/2009), and TFM was so good it's honestly going to be nearly impossible for her to ever top it. 

I like the solo version of DWUW and replaced the original with that one. I don't like the R. Kelly version. Their voices don't go well together, his lyrics don't have anything to do with the theme of the song and... you know... R. Kelly. :cleancache: G.U.Y. is cute (I love the pre-chorus) but very dated. :cleancache:

Gaga could've served much more longevity had she played her cards right but ended up being "too much, too soon". The Fame era could've been milked more. She should've followed it up with an album in early 2010 - not an EP-, probably called Monster. Add 5 more songs to TFM and you got yourself an album. And don't get me started on BTW... :anxiety:

She should've been cautious with the costumes. People fell in love with "electro-chique" Gaga, not "straight-from-a-nightmare " Gaga. She should've gone with normal clothing "with a twist" for regular days, interviews, etc; and wackier (but not too wacky) costumes for award show red carpets instead of trying ot one-up herself every day.

The same could be said about her music. She was appealing because her music was different from what was rulling the airwaves but still delivered bops. Her music in BTW started getting weird. She started singing in a different voice (Judas voice) and her music because waaay, waaaayy too dark and weird. Her MVs started getting weird after Bad Romance. Telephone was kinda messy but still cool. Alejandro was what started her decline. Long-ass video that didn't go anywhere. I still say the 1-2-3 puch of Alejandro-BTW-Judas is what caused her to decline hard. Too political/religious and when she basically became a Madonna-wannabe.

Sorry for the long ass rant but I needed to get this off my chest. :anxiety:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

I like the solo version of DWUW and replaced the original with that one. I don't like the R. Kelly version. Their voices don't go well together, his lyrics don't have anything to do with the theme of the song and... you know... R. Kelly. :cleancache: G.U.Y. is cute (I love the pre-chorus) but very dated. :cleancache:

Gaga could've served much more longevity had she played her cards right but ended up being "too much, too soon". The Fame era could've been milked more. She should've followed it up with an album in early 2010 - not an EP-, probably called Monster. Add 5 more songs to TFM and you got yourself an album. And don't get me started on BTW... :anxiety:

She should've been cautious with the costumes. People fell in love with "electro-chique" Gaga, not "straight-from-a-nightmare " Gaga. She should've gone with normal clothing "with a twist" for regular days, interviews, etc; and wackier (but not too wacky) costumes for award show red carpets instead of trying ot one-up herself every day.

The same could be said about her music. She was appealing because her music was different from what was rulling the airwaves but still delivered bops. Her music in BTW started getting weird. She started singing in a different voice (Judas voice) and her music because waaay, waaaayy too dark and weird. Her MVs started getting weird after Bad Romance. Telephone was kinda messy but still cool. Alejandro was what started her decline. Long-ass video that didn't go anywhere. I still say the 1-2-3 puch of Alejandro-BTW-Judas is what caused her to decline hard. Too political/religious and when she basically became a Madonna-wannabe.

Sorry for the long ass rant but I needed to get this off my chest. :anxiety:

Nah, I get it; I believe the majority of the GP agrees with you (hence, her massive image overhaul cultivated by a couple of years of having people focus solely on her talent--not her costumes or gimmicks--via the jazz album, Oscars "Sound of Music" tribute, National Anthem, various side projects such as acting on AHS and philanthropic work, and finally the very stripped Joanne). 

But, after having watched her documentary, and her (seriously incredible) SB halftime performance, it seems like she's found herself again, and discovered a middle ground between being idiosyncratic and avant-garde without going so over-the-top as to isolate the masses (and even some of her own fanbase).

That's why I'm really excited for the new record; she's undeniably talented and genuinely is theatrical but I think she's also matured a lot over the past few years, and now that she no longer has the pressure of being the biggest pop star on earth, with everyone constantly wondering "what crazy thing will she do next?," I believe she can return full circle to TF days and just be herself: an excellent pop artist with a flair for the dramatic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

I haven't heard ARTPOP in full but if it's anything like Venus, I call it trash. That song is a musical and lyrical mess combined with a dated 2012 EDM hook (the "goddess of love" part). Same thing with GUY and Aura, although the latter is actually OK.

TFM and the singles from The Fame are pop perfection. Amazing production, great lyrics and excelent vocals. DJWS brings the absolute opposite of that from Gaga. 

I really hope she doesn't go back to that "Judas voice" she had in lots of her songs in the BTW and ARTPOP eras.

They pitched her voice on her first record, i believe? Because:

I know it's just a demo but it's so deep...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LostInAnImage said:

I agree with the first half of your post 100%, but as someone still hoping for at least one or two RedOne collaborations, I was surprised to hear that he's lost his touch; I honestly had no idea he'd even done anything since his work with Gaga. What did he produce this year? 

 

 

giphy.webp

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MC The Songbird Supreme said:

 

 

giphy.webp

 

Hah, I got through 50% of the first song before I couldn't stand it anymore. Point taken.

But in the interest of playing devil's advocate, maybe he's one of those producers who only makes magic with certain artists. Max Martin is a great example of that; if I had only heard Witness lately, I would've thought he lost his touch as well. However, just last year, he made a nearly impeccable pop record with Ariana Grande's Dangerous Woman. So, in addition to all the amazing stuff he's done with Britney, it would appear he's only capable of recreating something akin to that with few select artists. Maybe RedOne is the same way? I'm obviously just speculating here, but I could see it being a possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

They pitched her voice on her first record, i believe? Because:

I know it's just a demo but it's so deep...

Her voice in her first record definetly has a different tone when compared to TFM, but that's not what I mean by Judas voice.

I'm talking about that really arrogant way of speaking she uses in songs like Judas or ScheiBe. She sounds like she's chewing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Her voice in her first record definetly has a different tone when compared to TFM, but that's not what I mean by Judas voice.

I'm talking about that really arrogant way of speaking she uses in songs like Judas or ScheiBe. She sounds like she's chewing.

Ok, i get your point, i want that Bad Romance vocalpower back tbh

And Scheisse sis ;) Scheibe is something different. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.