We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

DJ White Shadow Says Lady Gaga’s New Album Is ARTPOP’s Little Sister

ARTPOP 2.0 here we come.

ARTPOP 2.0 here we come.

Lady Gaga and DJ White Shadow are hard at work on Gaga's new album. You know this because you're an avid BreatheHeavy reader. We've been informing you of every detail that emerges, and clearly there's no sign of us stopping. That brings us to this exciting new update: according to the songwriter/producer, Gaga's new tunes will share a likeness to ARTPOP. That's very good news!

"4 years ago I put out a record called ARTPOP with @ladygaga," he wrote on Instagram. "I could write a book about it, maybe one day I will." He must. "I lost a best friend and manager, LG lost her entire support team, and we were all alone. I am so grateful for this record because it taught me a lot. I made some friends that have changed my life forever in the halls where this record was recorded, whom I love so incredibly deeply. For all her flaws, strangeness and beauty, I thank you ARTPOP for the lessons learned and the gifts you gave. Happy 4th Birthday. I can’t wait to introduce you to your little sister soon. #LG6"

#LG6 is the nickname Little Monsters dubbed Gaga's sixth studio album.

Who's DJWS? Shame on you. He's responsible for most of 2011’s Born This Way, including the album title track, “Edge Of Glory,” “Government Hooker’ and “Electric Chapel,” among others. And on ARTPOP? “Applause, Do What U Want, Swine, Sexxx Dreams”. He also co-wrote her latest tune, "The Cure."

Word on the street is that Gaga is readying the new music to release SOON. Stay tuned!

Thoughts on Gaga's new music sounding like ARTPOP? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

The dramatics lol I like Artpop. Sure its not her best album and the era was a disaster but overall a good album. I also like DJWS as a producer. He produced Bloody Mary, Government Hooker, Sex Dreams etc. so many amazing songs. I like RedOne too but he lacks creative drive. All of his 2017 productions sound like 2011 :umwtf: Whatever magic him and Gaga had from 2008 to 2011 has ran out because I dont even think Gagas creative input can even save the disaster basic generic production of redone's 2017 work. 

ARTPOP is not a bad album. It’s made out to be such a mess and hated on. I can listen to it now and i think it’s aged well. 

Sexxx Dreams, Manicure, Donatella, Fashion!, ARTPOP, Applause, G.U.Y are pop gems. Yes it’s not in the caliber of her previous material, but it’s still got moments of strength. 

I cant imagine her next album will be a part ii of Artpop. I think DJWS is referring to them getting together again and creating the pop music he couldn’t contribute to on Joanne.

Who knows, the whole thing could end up being scrapped in a few months time. :ineedthetruth:

2 hours ago, Alexanda said:

Who wants an Artpop volume 2? No one, step up your game and make Fame Monster music. :mattafact:

I do! The era might be messy but the music is one of her best! 

I would totally live for an act 2.

I think some of the songs on artpop are good, but I did not enjoy the album as much. Everythiing about it was so pretentious and daring to be more whereas the music was just mediocre in terms of lyrics.

I hope with Joanne Gaga has learned her lesson and can steer away from all the effects and nonsense and let the music speak, with enough Gaga elements that we early fans are happy with the album.

I love 1 or 2 songs including Applause on the album but please the Whole album was horrible! Those songs Sex Deams Manicure Guy and all are so overrated here . They are so irritating honestly. Theres sonething off with them. Trying hard with some basic tunes. Not here for them. Bye.

I don't think ARTPOP is as bad as it's made out to be. I think people were kinda over Gaga by the time the album came out which is why it underperformed and didn't get as many good reviews as her previous albums. It's no The Fame Monster, but it does have some great songs and one of my all time favourites by her, Do What U Want. I'm not sure if I want the next album to be called ARTPOP 2 but a new album with a direction similar to ARTPOP would be very interesting.

4 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

ARTPOP is really good, not sure why people hate on it. Besides Applause and Donatella the album is amazing. The production is perfected to a tee, you can tell how much work was put into it. :umsaywhat:

Donatella is one of my faves! (Well, despite the lyrics in the second verse) And Applause was a great lead single. Why don't you like them? 

5 hours ago, somnambulist said:

He’s already clarified, the next record is it’s own thing, he’s just saying little sister because he’s worked on both albums.

Lol that's what I meant in my post above about me not wanting a direct sequel, rather an ARTPOP inspired album or whatever. 

18 minutes ago, Isla. said:

Donatella is one of my faves! (Well, despite the lyrics in the second verse) And Applause was a great lead single. Why don't you like them? 

By itself Donatella is good, but with Fashion! on the album, it feels unnecessary! Applause... idk... I just don't. :bpo: