We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Taylor Swift’s Letter To Fans In ‘Reputation’ Is A Kind Of Warning

Words of wisdom.

Taylor Swift shares words of wisdom.

Taylor is done explaining and defending herself, but she'll try one last time. The singer penned a note to fans that resides in the artwork for Reputation. The lede is "Here's something I've learned about people." In a nut shell, Swift is misunderstood and we should stop judging her because we only know the figure the media has painted of her.

"We think we know someone, but the truth is that we only know the version of them they have chosen to show us," she says. "We know our friend in a certain light, but we don't know them the way their lover does. Just the way their lover will never know them the same way that you do as their friend. Their mother knows them differently than their roommate, who knows them differently than their colleague. Their secret admirer looks at them and sees an elaborate sunset of brilliant color and dimension and spirit and pricelessness."

"And yet, a stranger will pass that same person and see a faceless member of the crowd, nothing more," she continues. "We may hear rumors about a person and believe those things to be true. We may one day meet that person and feel foolish for believing baseless gossip. This is the first generation that will be able to look back on their entire life story documented in pictures on the internet, and together we will all discover the after-effects of that."

The tone is pretty forward, but I've got to agree with the overarching message. Social media is fake and we're all living a lie, basically.

"We are all a mixture of selfishness and generosity," she adds. "We are mosaics of our worst selves and best selves."

Read the full note below:

Thoughts on Taylor's letter? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Doesn't she live the biggest lie then? She is in complete control of everything that gets out there. We've seen that with the reputation release. It didn't leak until a day before it's release. Thanks in huge part to the efforts of Taylor Swift's amazing team. I'm not buying this hurt victim fighting back crap from this girl anymore. She profits just as much as the next person off of social media drama. :nyheadache:

For someone who doesnt care what people think about her, she sure does spend A LOT of time talking about how people are misperceived. Im so sick of her. Congrats on your success Taylor but f**k off, so fake.

3 hours ago, Mystical78 said:

This kinda reminds me of Britney, specifically the whole Chaotic/My Prerogative era.

But really, "my heartbreaks have been used as entertainment"?!?!?!

She needs to shut her mouth more often, it is a normal thing today that everyone has an opinion, i mean it's not like she is quiet about anything in interviews / lyrics it's super personal and she uses it for success, so she sold her relationships as long as it brings money it's ok, but the press is not allowed to say anything? That is not how this industry works, Taylor.

She seems nice but naive sometimes.

And she is playing with it, even on LWUMMD and Ready For It, now don't apologize Taylor and go through the full good girl goes bad girl thing and release 'I Did Something Bad'. :mattafact:

On 11/11/2017 at 6:31 AM, DMVofficial said:

She kinda spilled tea tho, different people see different sides of you.

Lol that's not spilling tea though...  Obviously everyone sees a different side of you, we all don't live in one mind lol  I just can't believe it took Taylor, a grown ass woman, so long to figure that out... but then again she seems really self centred so... makes sense :soyeah:

On 11/10/2017 at 11:33 AM, breatheheavy said:
taylor-reputation-letter.jpg

So... instead of using this as a way to introduce what she wants to claim is the "real her" (please note the "wants to claim" I used, as well as the quotation marks), she instead uses it to whine some more about how unfair the media treats her and paints her.

Okay, Taylor.

Kind of have to wonder if Taylor even knows the real her, given how everything she does, wears, and puts out there is carefully planned and calculated. Does she have a true personality? Who knows?

2 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

So... instead of using this as a way to introduce what she wants to claim is the "real her" (please note the "wants to claim" I used, as well as the quotation marks), she instead uses it to whine some more about how unfair the media treats her and paints her.

Okay, Taylor.

Kind of have to wonder if Taylor even knows the real her, given how everything she does, wears, and puts out there is carefully planned and calculated. Does she have a true personality? Who knows?

The whole letter can be shot right back at her. :weusay: