We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Surprise! Beyonce Is Featured On Eminem’s New Single “Walk On Water”

1 minute ago, cheri said:

feminem and marilyn manson faced their expiration dates around the same time. from an artistic pov, they should just stop.  rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

Admittedly I have not kept up with Em since... crap, I think his first "comeback"? So I can agree on Marilyn's part -- and I do -- and that I wasn't impressed with this song from first listen. This was just sort of a really? :wyd: for me.

59 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Also, really Eminem? Saying “this is retarded” in 2017? Keep it classy :tiffcackle:

I’m so offended by that. Can’t believe people still believe he’s so talented.:gross:

i do Wanna ask though, why do y’all hate on him in this thread? Not trying to bash you guys for it, as I’ve never really liked him, but I am curious

Just now, LostInAnImage said:

Agree with you re: death of his friend.

I actually love "Beautiful," but we obviously have different tastes when it comes to this. :) 

And I honestly do get it, my ex-boyfriend was black, and he used to say that growing up Eminem was the biggest inspiration for him and his friends, which was the only white guy they could ever say that about, but since he got clean and started collaborating with the likes of Rihanna and getting played on Top 40 stations, they totally lost respect for him. (Obviously, I have no idea what race you are, and it's ultimately irrelevant, but my ex was adamant that the black community had taken him in, embraced him as their own and essentially felt betrayed by albums such as MMLPII). 

So either way, you're definitely not in the minority regarding your thoughts on post 2010 Eminem.

yeah that's how it is....lupe fiasco even tweeted out that back in the day, songs like rock bottom were crazy....now the "eminem code" is cracked, it's more normal...kind of like suicidal thoughts by biggie too...same sort of deal..once you break that barrier and the initial shock wears off, people become immune to it...i didn't mind the love the way u lie collaboration, rihanna's part was so minimal too, but i get why it bugs people...though i understand why he chose her obviously as opposed to random girls like in drug ballad, superman. it had a purpose. it isn't like eminem really needed the radio exposure from rihanna, he's way bigger...but i'm sure the pairing helped, no doubt. and that song was a new branch eminem had never really touched on before, it was always the other way around.

but he definitely started falling off around this time. actually earlier than that, but i think the success of that track gave him leeway to start being as cheesy as  ever rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

4 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

Admittedly I have not kept up with Em since... crap, I think his first "comeback"? So I can agree on Marilyn's part -- and I do -- and that I wasn't impressed with this song from first listen. This was just sort of a really? :wyd: for me.

his "comeback single" we made u was when i was like "yep he's done" rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

i will say he's released a few tracks i've liked since then, and that's why i say in my ideal world, he would've axed albums and focused on strong singles every now and then. but alas rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

and don't get me started on marilyn :bang:

4 minutes ago, cheri said:

yeah that's how it is....lupe fiasco even tweeted out that back in the day, songs like rock bottom were crazy....now the "eminem code" is cracked, it's more normal...kind of like suicidal thoughts by biggie too...same sort of deal..once you break that barrier and the initial shock wears off, people become immune to it...i didn't mind the love the way u lie collaboration, rihanna's part was so minimal too, but i get why it bugs people...though i understand why he chose her obviously as opposed to random girls like in drug ballad, superman. it had a purpose. it isn't like eminem really needed the radio exposure from rihanna, he's way bigger...but i'm sure the pairing helped, no doubt. and that song was a new branch eminem had never really touched on before, it was always the other way around.

but he definitely started falling off around this time. actually earlier than that, but i think the success of that track gave him leeway to start being as cheesy as  ever rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

I will concede that "Love the Way You Lie" resulted in his single cheesiest line EVER: 

"Now you get to watch her leave
Out the window
Guess that's why they call it window pane."

I love the track but that makes me cringe.  :gross:

13 minutes ago, cheri said:

his "comeback single" we made u was when i was like "yep he's done" rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

i will say he's released a few tracks i've liked since then, and that's why i say in my ideal world, he would've axed albums and focused on strong singles every now and then. but alas rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

and don't get me started on marilyn :bang:

I had to look, that's how little I know: I stopped paying attention around Without Me. It's the last video, aside from maybe Love The Way You Lie, I remember from him. And I didn't hate it, and would like what I would hear on the radio usually... I just wasn't looking for him anymore, and that kind of says it all for me personally. :yaknow: So I can definitely agree with that. 

Oh, no-- same. I'd say we'd have to go all the way back to his upsurgence in covers and The Golden Age of Grotesque (I said upsurgence specifically because I know it's always been a thing of his, but I'd go all the way back to Tainted Love) for that. :groovin:

8 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

I will concede that "Love the Way You Lie" resulted in his single cheesiest line EVER: 

"Now you get to watch her leave
Out the window
Guess that's why they call it window pane."

I love the track but that makes me cringe.  :gross:

ughhhhh i hate that line too. "life is no nintendo game" as well  void0-11.gif

he's got some sh!t punchlines in his older songs too but they come along a lot more frequently nowadays. recovery has some of the worst void0-11.gif

"like a "f**k you" for christmas, his gift is a curse" void0-11.gif

"they say i rap like a robot, so call me rap bot" HeNieBM.jpg

"set up the camera and pissed twice on her, look two pees and a tripod" HeNieBM.jpg

"haters can make like bees with no stingers and drop dead"void0-11.gif

"so I solemnly swear to always treat this roof like my daughters and raise it"void0-11.gifvoid0-11.gif

etc void0-11.gif