We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Surprise! Beyonce Is Featured On Eminem’s New Single “Walk On Water”

2 minutes ago, button said:

Trump freestyle, political lyrics, pink collab and now a bey collab. he keeps trying it with this woke crap neixxu.jpg

i see people keep saying Bey and eminem saved us from Taylor... like bitch no they only made this day worse. neixxu.jpg

"everyones sick of me making fun of other ppl, so let me "reflect" and take the piss out of my former self because i have no remaining decent ideas"neixxu.jpg

1 minute ago, button said:

I'm dying at how he keeps acknowledging that he's turned into a sellout and that he's releasing mediocre material but keeps doing it anyways neixxu.jpg

same way the weeknd is now. his song rolling stone confessing that he will sell out and hoping that his fans will stick with him. um nah u trash, outneixxu.jpg

2 minutes ago, cheri said:

same way the weeknd is now. his song rolling stone confessing that he will sell out and hoping that his fans will stick with him. um nah u trash, outneixxu.jpg

"I WROTE STAN!!!!!!!"

yes we know. which is why u're still thriving today. living off ur past much like Britney. neixxu.jpg

3 minutes ago, button said:

"I WROTE STAN!!!!!!!"

yes we know. which is why u're still thriving today. living off ur past much like Britney. neixxu.jpg

feminem sounding like some whack sh!t from fort minor with that line lmao neixxu.jpg

i was waiting for the boring "omg gotcha!!!" shyamalan twist at the end of this sh!t song. glad to know he's just as predictable as he has been for the past 15 years neixxu.jpg

the comments  rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

"Napst on 9 minutes ago

ok so Im drunk now and Im back and I lsitened tho this sh!t again and it´s stil fucking garbage lamo"

rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

2 minutes ago, cheri said:

feminem sounding like some whack sh!t from fort minor with that line lmao neixxu.jpg

i was waiting for the boring "omg gotcha!!!" shyamalan twist at the end of this sh!t song. glad to know he's just as predictable as he has been for the past 15 years neixxu.jpg

the comments  rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

"Napst on 9 minutes ago

ok so Im drunk now and Im back and I lsitened tho this sh!t again and it´s stil fucking garbage lamo"

rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

"Eminem needs to start doing drugs again"

rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

Just now, button said:

rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

"Eminem needs to start doing drugs again"

rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

"When hes trying to be emotional why tf does he think its a good time to compare anything to khakis"
rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

rain man is better than this sh!t and a large portion of that was a drugged up freestyle. rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

make meth great againrsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

14 minutes ago, cheri said:

rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

"When hes trying to be emotional why tf does he think its a good time to compare anything to khakis"
rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

rain man is better than this sh!t and a large portion of that was a drugged up freestyle. rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

make meth great againrsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

u gotta see this one:

"I haven't heard this yet, i'll play it while eating, hope it's good"

"You're going to throw up"

rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

So, initial thoughts: it's actually pretty beautiful, albeit in a depressing way (for numerous reasons). It reminds me of his track, ironically called "Beautiful," where he speaks about how, over the past two decades, he's essentially conquered all us demons lyrically, and now he has nothing left to give--but knows he'll be "one tough act to follow." 

In the same vein, "Walk on Water" is painfully self-aware, and self-deprecating. It's an internal argument he's audibly voicing. He knows he can't live up to his iconic status anymore, and he hates to let his millions of fans down. But at the same time, he's a fighter and doesn't want to give up; he wants to believe he can still be inspirational, and talented, without being on drugs and viscerally tortured by his past.

Is it his best song ever? Absolutely not. But it's honest and raw, which is something that's incredibly rare in this industry. 

And I'm not a fan of Beyonce, but her vocals are stunning here--they sound haunting, which captures the emotion of the track.