We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Taylor Swift’s ‘Reputation’ Has Arrived

You are scared, bitch. She's doing better than Beyonce, Gaga and Britney combined in terms of numbers! How is this floppage? She's actually smart staying off the spotlights so the next year, when she puts another album out, she will sell another MILLION! When will Primney? 

Thank u a MILLION! :sendinglove:

48 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I still can't believe she is still in her prime. I mean honestly she will keep going until she has kids I think and then go back to country and slay. 

I just dislike her so much. Why can't it be someone I like :umsaywhat:

1 hour ago, Itachi said:

On the other hand, Britney's Oops keeps her record as the 2nd best. :wigsnatched:

55 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

Tay numbers are gigantic :notready: So good for her

on the other hand, I'm glad B still keeps something :weusay:

54 minutes ago, troubleguy said:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :bang:

brit still slays with 17 yo album :bang: when will gloryney :imok:

Now watch Billboard do a last-minute change in their rules and Taylor to have more album sales counted. :pieceofwhat:

I can imagine something like:

"Albums sold with magazines now count as two sales. We want to encourage physical sales and magazine sales. This rule is retroactive until last week".

3 minutes ago, If U Seek Me said:

Now watch Billboard do a last-minute change in their rules and Taylor to have more album sales counted. :pieceofwhat:

"Albums sold with magazines now count as two sales. We want to encourage physical sales and magazine sales. This rule is retroactive until last week".

It’ll probably be like “UPS delivered copies are now counted as 3 copies(buyers actually received 3 copies)”:bang:

18 minutes ago, Touch of my foot said:

It’ll probably be like “UPS delivered copies are now counted as 3 copies(buyers actually received 3 copies)”:bang:

The day when she will have a deluxe edition with two CDs, Billboard will say: "now each CD counts as one album sold". :gloria:

(Joking, I have nothing against Taylor but Billboard's ever changing rules are so damn annoying).

1 minute ago, If U Seek Me said:

The day when she will have a deluxe edition with two CDs, Billboard will say: "now each CD count as one album sold". :gloria:

(Joking, I have nothing against Taylor but Billboard's ever changing rules are so damn annoying).

Ikr, especially the last minute rule change that block Blackout from being 1:triggered: At least it was the eagles who blocked her(I think)

1 hour ago, troubleguy said:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :bang:

brit still slays with 17 yo album :bang: when will gloryney :imok:

oops must be shaking when re-puta sold 700k on first day. oops only sold 500k first day :bang:

oops doesn't know glory :idkha:

26 minutes ago, If U Seek Me said:

you are indirectly rubbing salt onto a decade-old wound :tear::tiffsniffle::kyliecry:

23 minutes ago, Itachi said:

oops must be shaking when re-puta sold 700k on first day. oops only sold 500k first day :bang:

oops doesn't know glory :idkha:

you are indirectly rubbing salt onto a decade-old wound :tear::tiffsniffle::kyliecry:

Wait can someone fully explain the blackout rule change cuz I don't understand it

48 minutes ago, Chris343 said:

Wait can someone fully explain the blackout rule change cuz I don't understand it

According to Nielsen SoundScan, Blackout sold 124,000 copies during its first day of availability in the United States. Jessica Letkemann of Billboard compared the sales favorably to those of the number-one album of the previous week, Carrie Underwood's Carnival Ride, which sold 49,000 copies. Letkemann also estimated that Blackout would possibly debut atop the Billboard 200. On November 6, 2007, Billboard announced that even though The Eagles's first-week sales of Long Road Out of Eden had handily surpassed Spears, they would not debut atop the chart because of rules forbidding albums exclusively sold at one retail outlet (Walmart in this case) from entering the Billboard 200. The magazine's senior analyst and director of charts Geoff Mayfield explained he was frustrated by the situation, saying: "I can believe the Eagles sold more, but I'm not seeing anything that verifies for me that they outsold her and anything we see otherwise might be from people with a stake in suggesting that." During the afternoon of the same day, Walmart issued a press release announcing that Long Road Out of Eden had sold 711,000 copies. At night, it was announced through an article on Billboard.biz that after an agreement with Nielsen SoundScan, Billboard would allow exclusive album titles that were only available through one retailer to appear on the charts, effective that same week. Hence Long Road Out of Eden would top the Billboard 200, while Blackout would debut at number two, with sales of 290,000 copies. It became Spears' first studio album not to debut at number one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackout_(Britney_Spears_album)#Commercial_performance

46 minutes ago, Chris343 said:

From what I understood, Eagle's Long Road Out of Eden was a Walmart exclusive release. Billboard doesn't allow exclusive releases to chart and therefore, they wouldn't have been eligible to chart. But after Walmart announced that Eagles sold 700k+, Billboard announced that they will allow exclusives to chart effective that week (Eden and Blackout's release week) thereby denying Britney a number one debut (which they previously predicted) as Britney only sold 290k. :bang:

27 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

26 minutes ago, Itachi said:

From what I understood, Eagle's Long Road Out of Eden was a Walmart exclusive release. Billboard doesn't allow exclusive releases to chart and therefore, they wouldn't have been eligible to chart. But after Walmart announced that Eagles sold 700k+, Billboard announced that they will allow exclusives to chart effective that week (Eden and Blackout's release week) thereby denying Britney a number one debut (which they previously predicted) as Britney only sold 290k. :bang:

Thanks guys, damn that's annoying, but they did sell more so i guess they deserved it. 

But so did blackout tbh

2 hours ago, Chris343 said:

Thanks guys, damn that's annoying, but they did sell more so i guess they deserved it. 

But so did blackout tbh

It's annoying that it changed last minute but why wouldn't sales from one retailer count? That was a stupid rule to begin with. 

4 minutes ago, Body ache said:

She would have beat Britney's record if she released it on streaming. Dumb bitch. :weusay:

If it would have pulled in huge numbers with streaming they would have done it. 

Her team weighed their decisions. Her team is the best so I truly doubt she would have sold as much with streaming.