We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Taylor Swift’s ‘Reputation’ Has Arrived

6 hours ago, Alexanda said:

That is a good thing :groovin:

I love Phonography (Thx Gaga) but that Taylor product doesn't resemble it at all. Matter of fact;

I did listen some songs from Reputation and I cannot connect with :huh: Taylor  She just doesn't do it for me. Doesn't represent my emotions. :weirdmeout:

22 hours ago, Style. said:

I love the album as a whole and I get the coherence of it, but I just don't enjoy two songs the way I do with the rest! Taylor used the same formula for this album as she did with 1989, but this one has a more mature style of writing and a darker sound - if you're a lover of pop music, you will understand what I am saying. I find the first half of the album perfectly choosen and she can release whatever she wants as a next single! End Game, I Did Something Bad, Don't Blame Me and Delicate are definetely a stand out and they deserve a video; I can see Delicate as the fifth single and End Game the third single, she needs ASAP another huge song because Ready For It is dying slowly without having any impact! Dancing With Our Hands Tied is also a great contender for the next single and Call It What You Want has this moody and chill sound, perfectly going with this sound from the charts.. Overall, it's a great album and as The Guardian says "superb songcraft meets extreme drama"! 

p.s. I bet This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things is about Katy and Calvin! The most fun song on the album; unexpectedly funny track! :bang:

Nice Things is about Kanye West. The second verse talks about the Phone Call that Kim leaked about Famous.

Overall, I’m not sure how I feel about the album as a whole. I can definitely see how it’s cohesive and works better as a whole than individually (we can thank Max Martin for that...). But there’s something missing. Like a huge hit like Shake It Off or Blank Space. Every song on 1989 could’ve been a single and gone top 10, reputation doesn’t have that. 

Getsway Car is probably the closest to Red and 1989, so it should be single 3 or 4, to win back people who liked her old stuff but weren’t impressed with RFI? Or LWYMMD. 

Oh and I find her “talk singing” to be extra annoying on this album for some reason.

I give props to the albums creative director. The album cover and booklet are AMAZING! It’s what I was used to from Britney.... yet the best we get now is a music video screen capture....

She’s a good marketing/business woman, she knows her vision and is in charge of it unlike most mainstream artists which is why she’s unbeatable at the moment. Bigger labels should take notes on this and see what their artists are capable of if they had control over their image like Taylor does. 

On 11/10/2017 at 6:17 AM, Chris88 said:

Just listened. There are standout tracks where the production is amazing but a lot of songs are Taylor Swift doing what she's always been doing. In a lot of songs, she talks (fast sometimes) over the music she's not singing, and I don't understand how Antonoff was able to craft an amazing album such as Melodrama with Lorde and he does that with Taylor. The album is a mix of every pop music we hear on the radio with inspiration (I would guess) from Superchicks (old I know) and every other pop act that has been successful in the 2000's. I don't think Martin did his best. A few song lyrics sound like the pages of a high school girl, while some (a couple) are more adult. Overall with the hype and the fact that it's Taylor Swift, the album is disappointing and "Ready" and "LWYMMD" don't reflect at all the spirit of the full work. :NYsassy::byebitch:

Ready is a disappointment. Had potential. But it just sounds so dated, like Britney already passed that with Work B,

Taylor never explicitly credits Britney but she definitely studied Britney's eras. Even in Look at What she does this little Britney move when she's with the boys (the hand in hair smile). 

Too bad her new stuff is nowhere as innovative as Blackout and her sexy image feels so forced. The dancing I cringed. But she's yet to say something about Britney Hmmm.

13 hours ago, falka said:

I love Phonography (Thx Gaga) but that Taylor product doesn't resemble it at all. Matter of fact;

I did listen some songs from Reputation and I cannot connect with :huh: Taylor  She just doesn't do it for me. Doesn't represent my emotions. :weirdmeout:

Because we don't have her problems maybe? I mean she did great on Bad Blood, i can relate but on this one it's even more about herself.

9 hours ago, Gossip Girl said:

Ready is a disappointment. Had potential. But it just sounds so dated, like Britney already passed that with Work B,

It kinda grew on me but I totally get your point. The song is not timeless and it hardly reaches a climax. To me, it's the best on her album but out of it, the song isn't really a standout. It's very generic.  

24 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I was just at Target and I have to give Taylor credit on one thing. She does promo very well. When will Britney?

944_F657_A_3_EFF_4_C27_A95_E_BABFB4_EE71

More artists should release this special editions, but only the japanese market does it.

On 11/12/2017 at 8:14 AM, danny1994 said:

I was just at Target and I have to give Taylor credit on one thing. She does promo very well. When will Britney?

I give her props too.  She has displays all over Target, it's crazy. 

On 12/11/2017 at 11:14 AM, danny1994 said:

Right? When will will britney indeed? Glory was literally hiding under other CDs that had already been out months before :imok:

I remember in that vogue 70-something questions thing Taylor said if she wasnt a musician she would do advertising so Im guessing its something she enjoys doing

Taylor has been forever stuck in between her BOMT and Ooops I did it again eras. Success wise - that's great, but song wise and lyrically wise she's still singing about having older boyfriends (she's 27, 28 (?) already gurl grow up) and about omg, imma become a bad gurl and my reputation is gonna be ruined, but then i only ever see glimpses of her threatening that sh!t's about to go down (Ready for it), but for the most part she's still playing a victim (Don't blame me, this is why we can't have things), pure mindless pop as she has always done it, with no risky, experimental sounds, mentally stuck at age 20. 

Yes, she's a clever marketing person, but that's no artist to me. That's caterin to the population she knows well she can only cater to - the underaged girl princesses who have their parents shelving money for this marketing ploy, and then some quasi-edgy older try-hards that claim Tay is the new queen. 

What's more, she has this whole marketing strategy to create that fake image that she's a bad girl, and then writes articles about people not being what they seem, and what they present. We get it Taylor, you fake it till you make it (ye you already made it long ago).

I'm not a Taylor hater, kudos to her, I believe she actually changed the new formula to success and more people will follow suit to follow her lead rather than Britney's. 

Britney alienated a lot of youngsters with sudden turn to sexuality too steeply with her third album.

Taylor is only ever so slightly dipping her toes in saying she's that close to idea of forever bringing out the bad side (new Taylor) out there, only to return to the "Gorgeous" dumb blonde/naivette of "OMG you're so gorgeous and i can't say anything to your face because duh look at your face"