We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Taylor Swift’s ‘Reputation’ Has Arrived

The lyrics are clever as usual.

The production is on point (except some MM tracks. Not your best Max!)

Last but not least, she didn't let the drama became the main topic here.
Instead, she got some decent "adult" love songs (thanks to that Joe something guy).

I enjoy it. I would give it a "positive.";)

Full disclosure I just listened to the 90-second previews. I think she tried too hard to be edgy and lost sight of what has made her successful: catchy melodies. Few of these songs pull me in. 

Great album I think. I think it's quality comes from Max Martin and Antonoff, just like 1989 was what it was because of the production. I'm not a huge fan of taylor's lyrics tbh. I find them kinda jarring often but not in a good way. Like with Bad blood, rhyming love and done or cut and blood. They just sound clumsy to me

1 minute ago, Vgameman2011 said:

It’s definitely my favorite album of hers by far. I LOVE King of My Heart, I Did Something Bad, and Delicate. 

Those are my 3 favorite tracks, Delicate is my #1 favorite, but I think the rest of the record is pretty bad. Just my opinion. 

6 hours ago, NewRomanticz said:

Girl you only listened to the thing once. Give it a chance. Let it blossom. I listened to it five times and I enjoy it. It's almost perfect. 

I've had it on repeat since it leaked. Still only can tolerate about 3 tracks.

I love the album as a whole and I get the coherence of it, but I just don't enjoy two songs the way I do with the rest! Taylor used the same formula for this album as she did with 1989, but this one has a more mature style of writing and a darker sound - if you're a lover of pop music, you will understand what I am saying. I find the first half of the album perfectly choosen and she can release whatever she wants as a next single! End Game, I Did Something Bad, Don't Blame Me and Delicate are definetely a stand out and they deserve a video; I can see Delicate as the fifth single and End Game the third single, she needs ASAP another huge song because Ready For It is dying slowly without having any impact! Dancing With Our Hands Tied is also a great contender for the next single and Call It What You Want has this moody and chill sound, perfectly going with this sound from the charts.. Overall, it's a great album and as The Guardian says "superb songcraft meets extreme drama"! 

p.s. I bet This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things is about Katy and Calvin! The most fun song on the album; unexpectedly funny track! :bang:

51 minutes ago, reecejwilson said:

Thinking of buying it as it isn't on spotify, is it a good album? :brit:

I rather enjoyed it. Yes, I was wanting a full fledged ballad about her finding herself in the aftermath of the drama, but she maintains her lyrical talents while enfusing the electronic vibes along the way.

4 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

The reviews atm all put it above 1989... :nydisgust:

1989: score 76

I wonder if she paid the reviewers, because seriously... :lostney:

I wish I was listening to the same album they are cause it seems to be an amazing one. Sadly, Reputation isn't as good as they're calling it. 4 songs (including "Ready") are worth the listen. The rest though :wtfdidusay: