We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
HoneyBee

Why is BOMTney the performer underrated amonst this fan base?

Why is it that when I mention to people here Britney's performing skills during BOMT era they automatically think of the FF-esque halfassed performances, (which frankly I don't mind since she was fully singing live. 

Innocentney was a seasoned performer since her debut and served some high energy performances, busting her ass dancing and singing at the same time something your beloved overrated 2001 and ITZ were lacking. :byebitch:

even when she held back on dancing she SERVED vocals. :whitney:

when she lip-synced she served choreo, giving ITZney a run for her money.

and most importantly, she proved herself authentically without relying on gimmicks and shock value.

tumblr_mysrx4zQKi1r21rido1_250.gif

how can you turn a blind eye to this slayage??? :wyd:

Plus why do I feel like the majority of this fan base consists of stereotypical "yaaaas" gays who only get their life from snakes skimpy outfits and hair flips . :byebitch:

This is tea. When I got my baby one more time vinyl last week, I started to get interested in bomtney again. Watching old performances from that era reminded me why I’ve been a fan since the very beginning. She had that spark that I can’t describe. Choreo was not hard, she didn’t have a rock hard body but something about the way she performed screamed STAR.

11 minutes ago, naturalplayboy said:

This is tea. When I got my baby one more time vinyl last week, I started to get interested in bomtney again. Watching old performances from that era reminded me why I’ve been a fan since the very beginning. She had that spark that I can’t describe. Choreo was not hard, she didn’t have a rock hard body but something about the way she performed screamed STAR.

She was 17, a baby, she had baby fat, she wasn't fat by any means lol.

my point making this thread is to prove she was a seasoned performer and had a passion for dance from the start it was her choice to hold back a little on dancing so she could be able to sing without huffing and puffing, this goes to show she was passionate about singing just as much, if you watch bomt video rehearsals she went all out, the original choreo was just as complex and intricate as MATM and Slave, but she removed most of it to balance out singing and dancing, I wish she would implement this method again since she's in the best shape of her life and her voice is still intact, one can dream.

18 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

She was 17, a baby, she had baby fat, she wasn't fat by any means lol.

my point making this thread is to prove she was a seasoned performer and had a passion for dance from the start it was her choice to hold back a little on dancing so she could be able to sing without huffing and puffing, this goes to show she was passionate about singing just as much, if you watch bomt video rehearsals she went all out, the original choreo was just as complex and intricate as MATM and Slave, but she removed most of it to balance out singing and dancing, I wish she would implement this method again since she's in the best shape of her life and her voice is still intact, one can dream.

But I never used the word fat. I didn’t think she was fat either. I was just mentioning things that people look for when they compare currentney to primeney. It’s always about how rock hard her body is or how hard her choreo is.

Edit: and just defending my case before someone comes for me thinking i called Britney fat. You know i love u honey bee.

13 minutes ago, naturalplayboy said:

But I never used the word fat. I didn’t think she was fat either. I was just mentioning things that people look for when they compare currentney to primeney. It’s always about how rock hard her body is or how hard her choreo is.

Edit: and just defending my case before someone comes for me thinking i called Britney fat. You know i love u honey bee.

my bad, sorry for misconstruing your words, I love you too NPB, you know we go way back!!!

Remember you designed my promotional campaign when I was running for mod. :orangu:

I miss those days, exhale used to be iconic, what happened?? :otears:

Well, I've been a fan since the beginning and although she definitely had the charisma/undeniable stage presence already in 1998-1999, her performances were hit & miss since she was still gaining her confidence; sometimes she was absolutely amazing (1999 VMA, EMA & Billboard performances, and BOMT music videos), but most other times you could tell she was nervous and holding back.

During the Oops era is when she was fire on stage, consistently, and remained consistently great thereafter until ITZ era ended. So I think it's the lack of consistency during BOMT that keeps her from getting praised like she does during her "prime years" of 2000-2004. 

But overall, I agree she deserves more praise because when she did nail it, it was incredible, particularly for someone of her age. And now I love listening back to the live vocals and hearing her actual deep voice, although I didn't appreciate it back then as a kid.

2 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

my bad, sorry for misconstruing your words, I love you too NPB, you know we go way back!!!

Remember you designed my promotional campaign when I was running for mod. :orangu:

I miss those days, exhale used to be iconic, what happened?? :otears:

Ive always loved you because u kept it real. And Lmao I’m dead and yasss I miss those days. Idk what happened here.

12 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

Why is it that when I mention to people here Britney's performing skills during BOMT era they automatically think of the FF-esque halfassed performances, (which frankly I don't mind since she was fully singing live. 

Innocentney was a seasoned performer since her debut and served some high energy performances, busting her ass dancing and singing at the same time something your beloved overrated 2001 and ITZ were lacking. :byebitch:

even when she held back on dancing she SERVED vocals. :whitney:

when she lip-synced she served choreo, giving ITZney a run for her money.

and most importantly, she proved herself authentically without relying on gimmicks and shock value.

tumblr_mysrx4zQKi1r21rido1_250.gif

how can you turn a blind eye to this slayage??? :wyd:

Plus why do I feel like the majority of this fan base consists of stereotypical "yaaaas" gays who only get their life from snakes skimpy outfits and hair flips . :byebitch:

Yes she had everything. She could dance, had stage presence and definitely could hit some notes. 
If she cared enough about her vocals she could have been the most complete popstar ever.

Fetus-ney slays my life. Great body, GREAT dancing, VOCALS, and she was so cute. 

While you could def tell she was just getting the hang of It sometimes, she wasn't overall amazing 

on the topic of underrated BOMT era moments, is that belted note at the end of the Grammy performance her? Because if so :gaspney: