We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Just FYI Lady Gaga Is Back In The Recording Studio With DJ White Shadow Today

Reunited and it feels so good.

Reunited and it feels so good.

We've known for a hot minute Lady Gaga is working hard on new music with DJ White Shadow. You shouldn't, but in case you need a refresher, DJWS is responsible for most of 2011’s Born This Way, including the album title track, “Edge Of Glory,” “Government Hooker’ and “Electric Chapel,” among others. Same for ARTPOP (“Applause, Do What U Want, Swine, Sexxx Dreams”). He also co-wrote her latest tune, "The Cure." Well goddamn.

Related:
Lady Gaga Teased An Unreleased Track Called ‘Frankenstein’ At Joanne Show

The two linked up today in the studio, errr, lab.

Somebody just walked into the lab. #cooking @gucci @elleryland #currentview @ladygaga

A post shared by DJ WHITE SHADOW (@iamdjws) on

We don't know for sure when we'll hear the new tunes, but it's destined for Gaga's next studio album. The pop star sent DJ White Shadow a note to wish him happy birthday a few months ago, and in it said she looks forward to working with him on her Joanne followup(!!!). “Happy Birthday to my favorite producer and friend. I love you. Can’t wait to write this next album together,” it read.

Earlier this year, the producer opened up about being there during the Joanne creation process. “When she did Joanne, I was there all the time,” he said. “I was there listening to stuff and going over stuff. She was making a record that I knew I couldn’t really contribute to, but I was there and listening and talking about what it was and trying to figure out how to do things. I couldn’t contribute, but that didn’t stop us from being friends.”

Glad to see they're back in action together.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

1 hour ago, If U Seek Me said:

"Joanne follow-up"... What does than mean? I want a The Fame Monster follow-up. :frenchy:

I think that means something that follows Joanne. Not necessarily a part II.

I mean, The Cure and Edge of Glory being two massive hits makes me optimistic for the collab. I think it boils down to what she wants to do. Joanne was her giving fans a more serious stripped idea of who she is/was before The Fame. With The Cure being such an unexpected hit, I can consider this something to look forward to.

1 hour ago, Tampa Life said:

I mean, The Cure and Edge of Glory being two massive hits makes me optimistic for the collab. I think it boils down to what she wants to do. Joanne was her giving fans a more serious stripped idea of who she is/was before The Fame. With The Cure being such an unexpected hit, I can consider this something to look forward to.

The Cure wasn’t a massive hit, LMAO

He actually produced one of my all-time favorite Gaga songs, "Bloody Mary," but it's not commercial at all. His best songs (in terms of quality) that have also been either commercially successful or viable are "Edge of Glory," "Do What U Want" and "The Cure." So, we'll see. But it won't help if she has a song like "The Cure," which gets great reception from the GP, and she fails to even make a music video or promote it once. So, I don't know...Gaga is really unpredictable when it comes to what she'll promote/release, even when she has good content.

2 hours ago, Tampa Life said:

The Cure a massive hit?? giphy.gif

She needs to stop whatever she's doing to her face. Those are NOT her real cheekbones and chin.

And she needs to stick to pop music. Remember in the beginning of her career when she was all about making dance music mainstream again and she constantly said, "Pop music will never be low brow" (those digital glasses in the Pokerface video), and then she went and made a f*cking country album??

6 hours ago, iZacaree said:

She needs to stop whatever she's doing to her face. Those are NOT her real cheekbones and chin.

And she needs to stick to pop music. Remember in the beginning of her career when she was all about making dance music mainstream again and she constantly said, "Pop music will never be low brow" (those digital glasses in the Pokerface video), and then she went and made a f*cking country album??

That’s what we call an artist. She does what she wants! If she didn’t feel like making a pure pop dance album, so be it! She still won with Joanne! And I can’t wait to see what she has in stores for LG6

14 hours ago, Alexanda said:

Call RedOne, bitch

it's about time.

I want RedOne back too. He did work with her on Joanne on one track (Angel Down). They created magic together I swear.

15 hours ago, Born2Die said:

The Cure a massive hit?? giphy.gif

It broke through the top 10 via itunes and remained there for weeks with NO promo, NO selling sex, NO shade. I consider that a hit.

15 hours ago, iZacaree said:

Then she’d be a one trick pony. I mean people were sick of popga by Artpop, she needed to switch it up and show she’s versatile. Plus we’re getting her in a movie w/ some soundtrack songs.  

Million Reasons and The Cure were hits and so is the tour, album probably going to get Grammy noms. Maybe not blockbuster era but still good- wished she released John Wayne official and maybe Dancing in Circles or Ayo

i would love for this next album to be a mix of it all- some jazzy midtempos, acoustic ballads, and futuristic pop

The cure a hit? :madonna: it peaked at N 39 on the hot 100 and like N23 on useless charts like the dance club one, even Pretty girls peaked higher in both :tiffcackle: and this tour is doing great thanks to the superbowl, because the artpop ball was having problems selling out the venues, let me remember y'all the curtains she used in Australia :whitney:

1 hour ago, Camilo said:

The cure a hit? :madonna: it peaked at N 39 on the hot 100 and like N23 on useless charts like the dance club one, even Pretty girls peaked higher in both :tiffcackle: and this tour is doing great thanks to the superbowl, because the artpop ball was having problems selling out the venues, let me remember y'all the curtains she used in Australia :whitney:

Comparing The Cure to Pretty Girls is stupid because while Pretty Girls peaked higher, The Cure has double the sales. The Cure is almost gold (over 400,000 in sales) in the US with literally no promo, music video, performances, etc.

It wasn't a "massive hit" but had it been promoted it would have been a decent sized one. 

"The success of the tour is only thanks to the superbowl" -- yeah because when the Black Eyed Peas did the Superbowl, they were selling out stadiums huh? GTFOH  :tiffcackle:

10 hours ago, Tampa Life said:

It broke through the top 10 via itunes and remained there for weeks with NO promo, NO selling sex, NO shade. I consider that a hit.

I don't think iTunes is super relevant anymore, but it was actually #1 WW. But as far as actual charts, it gave Gaga her first top 10 hit in Australia since "Edge of Glory." So, it definitely had potential; I can't imagine the impact if she had actually made a MV or promoted it even once.