We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Taylor Swift's Label Predicts 'Reputation' Will Sell 2 Million Copies Opening Week

She's coming.

Can Taylor Swift do the unthinkable?

Swift's label, Big Machine Records, is preparing for a massive opening week. According to Billboard, they're expecting Swift to surpass the 2 million mark in first-week sales.

To put things into perspective, 1989, which had better performing singles chart-wise going into release week than Reputation does, tallied 1.287 million in its opening week.

The industry isn't buying it. One label analyst told Billboard "No way." Another said Big Machine's prediction "must be worldwide," while a third says "that's got to include streaming but even then I don't think they can make it."

Could it happen? Yes, but it seems unlikely. Swift is reportedly withholding the record from streaming platforms for at least one week, meaning if you want to hear Reputation legally, you'll have to buy the entire thing.

Billboard has a very detailed about why this may or may not happen. Read that here.

I would like to see Taylor achieve this, but I don't believe she can. Then again... maybe Big Machine knows something we don't.

Do YOU think Taylor will sell 2 million albums opening week? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

6 hours ago, Andrew338 said:

With those lackluster singles no one likes?

:giggleney:

keep dreaming

Aside from LWYMM the rest of the singles are dead.

You know she's only released 2 singles from Reputation right? LWYMMD and Ready for It. LWYMMD went #1 and Ready for It peaked at #4 (so far). Gorgeous was just a buzz single and it peaked at #13 and broke a record for Taylor having the most #1 songs on the digital songs chart.

10 minutes ago, iZacaree said:

Well, she's the only one out here actually selling albums and making quality music videos and actually communicating with her fans and treating them well, so possibly yea.

We have to wait and see because after 3 more albums everyone will be like "I miss her primedays", "I miss the old Taylor" :queenflopga:

Of course they expect 2M, but they shouldn't say it... I read that and it makes me want to wait for a week to buy it xD

(I won't buy it before listening to it honestly) 

4 hours ago, iZacaree said:

But yet she's selling millions and millions of albums while your favs are struggling to reach 100k. Okay... :girlwhat:

I won't say her music is garbage, but if people are being honest she's not selling big due to the only fact that she's doing "quality" music, even taking into consideration the fact that she writes good lyrics. If you take away all the drama, ex-boyfriends, Katy Perry, Kim K and Kanye and her incredible talent to come off as a victim, she wouldn't sell that much. I didn't listen to her music in her country days but she had talent because she was selling big because of artistry and not all the drama, now it's changed. And she knows that's what sells to the GP. :NYsassy: