We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Britney Auctions Off Flower Painting For $10,000 To Support Victims Of The Las Vegas Shooting

britney-painting.jpg

Britney Spears is making the world a better place.

The pop star attended the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation's Britney Spears Campus grand opening this weekend. Through a portion of Piece Of Me ticket sales, Britney donated one million dollars to the foundation.

The Glory singer is also raising funds for the The Louisiana School Boards Association rebuild project. Get more information about that here.

That's not all! Britney auctioned off the iconic flowers painting she showed off last month in a now-viral video to raise money for victims affected by the mass shooting at the Route 91 Harvest festival in Las Vegas on Oct. 1. At the Vegas Cares benefit concert on Sunday in Vegas, Britney shared a video message for attendees:

"I’m so proud to call Vegas my second home and I’m pleased to participate in this Vegas Cares show,” she said. “The flowers in my painting represent a new beginning, and it’s in that spirit that we move forward. All the proceeds from the winning bid go to Vegas Cares Memorial Fund. I appreciate your kindness and your generosity. I love you, Vegas.”

Las Vegas Review Journal reporter Robin Leech, who was in charge of the auction, ended up buying the painting himself for $10,000.

See Britney's message and a picture of the painting below:

Sometimes you just gotta play!!!!!!

A post shared by Britney Spears (@britneyspears) on

Thoughts on Britney's philanthropic work? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/entertainment-columns/robin-leach/vegas-cares-soul-train-and-bull-riders-on-tap-for-weekend/

“Not only that, but pop princess Britney Spears has created a special painting for auction to benefit the families of the fallen and the injured victims.”

This is very nice that she’s doing this :unbothered:

5 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

OMG :orangu: 

who will pay for her toddler paintings?  :hype:

From all the things she could do with her star power she decides to sell her paintings?  Only Brinty.

But anyways, whatever she does to help others is what really matters :verycool:

Seriously? Like...really? You're gonna pick her apart for this?

9 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

OMG :orangu: 

who will pay for her toddler paintings?  :hype:

From all the things she could do with her star power she decides to sell her paintings?  Only Brinty.

But anyways, whatever she does to help others is what really matters :verycool:

Look, she’s no Picasso or anything and she could’ve easily just written a check. But it’s the thought that counts. I think it’s pretty thoughtful of her doing this.

Seriously at people bitching about her auctioning off her painting...what a bunch of miserable fucks.  She clearly enjoys painting.  You don't have to be a fucking master painter to enjoy something.  Anyone can simply donate money....art brings people happiness.  Imagine having a piece of art by Britney Spears on your wall...no matter how good it is.  It's special.  And good for her.  Take a fucking seat you losers.

11 minutes ago, G-unit said:

Seriously at people bitching about her auctioning off her painting...what a bunch of miserable fucks.  She clearly enjoys painting.  You don't have to be a fucking master painter to enjoy something.  Anyone can simply donate money....art brings people happiness.  Imagine having a piece of art by Britney Spears on your wall...no matter how good it is.  It's special.  And good for her.  Take a fucking seat you losers.

While I agree, really only one person mocked her painting haha. But you’re right.