We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Taylor Swift Does Not Need Saving On New Song “Call It What You Want”: Listen

Run away with Taylor.

Taylor Swift's fourth taste of Reputation has arrived.

Taylor might not be giving interviews right now, but she's still got a lot to say.

The singer released another new song tonight – just one week after she unveiled the action-packed visual for "... Ready For It?" It's titled “Call It What You Want.”

On the track, Taylor proves just how self-aware she is. My castle crumbled overnight / I brought a knife to a gunfight," she sings over dreamy production. "They took the crown but it's alright / All the liars are calling me one / Nobody's heard from me in months / I'm doing better than I ever was."

Related:
Taylor Swift Is Premiering ANOTHER New ‘Reputation’ Track Next Week

On "Look What You Made Me Do" and "Ready," Taylor goes in. But "Gorgeous" and "Call" are much more tender. Taylor is not a robotic pop machine with no feelings. She sees how the Internet drags her, and "Call" is her plea to show another side. It's also refreshing to hear Swift sing about being in love. "Gorgeous" was probably the most cringe-worthy track I've ever heard from her, but "Call It What You Want" is far more mature. Swift really flexes her songwriting skills here. She's 3 for 4.

Listen below:

Thoughts on “Call It What You Want?” Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

1 hour ago, Shadow. said:

"flexes her songwriting skills" the bring a knife to a gun fight lyric isn't even original though, most of her lyrics aren't. i really don't get how people claim she is an exceptional lyricist, she isnt anything special

Just because something's "unique" doesn't mean it's good.

13 hours ago, Shadow. said:

"flexes her songwriting skills" the bring a knife to a gun fight lyric isn't even original though, most of her lyrics aren't. i really don't get how people claim she is an exceptional lyricist, she isnt anything special

She really likes that word Daydream, is it already copyrighted by her? :tiffcackle:

I listened to it 2 times and it's not bad but her die-hard fans make me laugh. Right now it seems like the only person who keeps talking about her haters aka Katy Perry or Kim K and Kanye is actually her. It's like someone who had a bad breakup and who says "I can live without her/him" 2 years later and you're like "yeah right". Her new music is dropping hints about a boy she likes and "attacking" her haters who seem to not even give a s%$t about her right now. She needs to move on. :yaknow:

All these releases, I know it's pretty common nowadays to throw out promotional singles in addition to the songs that get a video, but I wonder who thought it'd be a good idea to hold the album release off til November.

I like the song better than Ready..actually, it's fine - but someone already said it & I agree, Taylor's talking, not singing and it's not just one song it's kinda lame :tiffdrink:

It's a well written song. I actually like the lyrics. The beat is nothing special or different, sounds like an old Drake throw away cut.  The only thing that doesn't work here is Taylor. When listening to the song I was imagining Lorde singing it. Taylor's voice doesn't fit on this song for me.

But this is the best song I've heard from her so far this era. :verycool:

8 hours ago, Chris88 said:

I listened to it 2 times and it's not bad but her die-hard fans make me laugh. Right now it seems like the only person who keeps talking about her haters aka Katy Perry or Kim K and Kanye is actually her.

I'm not a huge fan her but Katy Perry spent the whole Witness promo talking about Taylor over and over again. Even when she said they should "move on". It was annoying AF.

At least Taylor isn't mentioning her directly and has never spoken about her, except through LMYMMD and this song. The only difference is that Witness is already dead and Taylor is just starting the promo.

But yeah, it's time to stop the whole "katy vs taylor" drama. It's annoying