We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

DMVofficial

BOMT VINYL HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!

Just updated the OP with photos! I must say, I'm a little disappointed in the color. They advertise it as a "pink and white swirl" but it's really a pastel and hot pink marble 

1 minute ago, danny1994 said:

Yes, but sound is subjective. Some people prefer digital, some prefer vinyl. But when music is converted to mp3, it’s compressed and 90% of the data is lost. Vinyl doesn’t lose any data.

I'm listening right now and on I Will Be There especially, I'm noticing the guitar and her vocals sound a lot crisper. I also haven't listened to this album in years so it might just be placebo lol 

1 minute ago, naturalplayboy said:

completely forgot about my preorder and got home later than usual today. Such a pleasant surprise to come home to this.

1zsugl.jpg

We have the same sheets, I thought this was taken in my room I got freaked out :umomg: Glad you got yours too!!! Such a good surprise :clap:

2 minutes ago, DMVofficial said:

We have the same sheets, I thought this was taken in my room I got freaked out :umomg: Glad you got yours too!!! Such a good surprise :clap:

Lmfaooo I’m literally dying I just looked at your reveal more pictures in the original post. Hahahahah! We don’t just like Britney we like the same sheets. 

14 minutes ago, DMVofficial said:

I'm listening right now and on I Will Be There especially, I'm noticing the guitar and her vocals sound a lot crisper. I also haven't listened to this album in years so it might just be placebo lol 

Background vocals and instruments definitely stand out more on vinyl, especially bass. I think some of it is placebo, but I just love the sound of the needle on vinyl.

2 hours ago, Vessel. said:

Is it true their quality is better than CD's? :idkney:

Not really. In theory, it is analogue and not digital, which means it is supposed to be truer to the source material. But CDs usually have a clearer sound. Indeed, the vinyls' quality is decreasing fast with time (easily damaged), with noise and static appearing. Not to mention that new vinyls may be created with the CD masters (or masters made for CDs), which means it would be basically the CD sound, the noise and static on top (which may be the case for this ...Baby One More Time vinyl?). + vinyls also have issues with too high and low frequencies + issues with too many stereo effects + songs near the centre of the ring do not sound as good as the ones one the sides of the vinyl.

Though some people prefer vinyl for authenticity reasons (an old record first released this way, for instance), because they like the specific sound it makes or because nowadays it's "in" to have a vinyl player.

I may buy the Blackout vinyl one day because it would be awesome on one of my walls. :tbh:

I would prefer record labels to re-release CDs with Japanese bonus tracks or unreleased ones, but they like to do vinyls, because they are much more expensive.

26 minutes ago, If U Seek Me said:

Not really. In theory, it is analogue and not digital, which means it is supposed to be truer to the source material. But CDs usually have a clearer sound. Indeed, the vinyls' quality is decreasing fast with time (easily damaged), with noise and static appearing. Not to mention that new vinyls may be created with the CD masters (or masters made for CDs), which means it would be basically the CD sound, the noise and static on top (which may be the case for this ...Baby One More Time vinyl?). + vinyls also have issues with too high and low frequencies + issues with too many stereo effects + songs near the centre of the ring do not sound as good as the ones one the sides of the vinyl.

Though some people prefer vinyl for authenticity reasons (an old record first released this way, for instance), because they like the specific sound it makes or because nowadays it's "in" to have a vinyl player.

I may buy the Blackout vinyl one day because it would be awesome on one of my walls. :tbh:

I would prefer record labels to re-release CDs with Japanese bonus tracks or unreleased ones, but they like to do vinyls, because they are much more expensive.

I love buying vinyl because it's literally buying the biggest format of the album (aside from maybe a concert ticket for the supporting tour?)

Just loving an album so much that a digital copy won't do. Holding a record in your hands feels like holding a piece of art lol

21 minutes ago, DMVofficial said:

I love buying vinyl because it's literally buying the biggest format of the album (aside from maybe a concert ticket for the supporting tour?)

Just loving an album so much that a digital copy won't do. Holding a record in your hands feels like holding a piece of art lol

I agree with the art bit. I literally just got into collecting. I literally bought glory from urban outfitters for 14.99 even though I didn’t have a player. I bought a player at target and have been slowly growing a collection even though it’s kinda pricey.

so far I have

1. Glory - britney

2. The valley - Betty who

3. Baby one more time - britney

i found a guy selling vinyls by my job

i bought 3 used Whitney Houston singles for 5 bucks. - so emotional, I wanna dance with somebody, love Will save the day.