We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Las Vegas Hotel Offering Adele $26 Million Residency Contract

She would become Las Vegas' highest-paid performer.

If Adele signs on the dotted line, the singer will become Las Vegas' highest-paid performer.

Adele could join Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez, Ricky Martin, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Cher and many more as one of Las Vegas' staple strip performers.

Page Six reports the Wynn Hotel is readying a $26 million offer for the 25 singer to perform for 12 months. If she performed just once a week, Adele would bank $500,000 per show, making her the city's highest-paid entertainer. They also mention that VIP meet-and-greet packages, which could cost more than $26,000, would help Adele rake in even more. That feels criminal.

“The days of entertainers coming to retire at Vegas are a thing of the past,” a source told the site. “In the last few years, we have seen massive stars performing on the Strip and every major hotel wants to say they have the biggest star as their resident. Caesars Palace had Mariah Carey, Planet Hollywood has Britney Spears, and we want Adele.”

Related:
Adele Threatens To Never Tour Again

They add: “Even at half a million bucks a show, we are confident we would make a healthy return.” They plan on presenting the contract to Adele in January, and will go through great lengths to make sure she’s happy. That includes accommodating any times she may cancel – you may recall the singer axed her remaining few dates of the 25 Tour because she damaged her vocal cords. “Adele is a professional, and knows her own ability. And we are happy to be flexible in negotiations if it’s needed in order to bring her on board,” they add.

My thoughts? She’ll take it. And why not? She could make bank and not deal with the craziness of traveling that a proper world tour demands. Adele has been VERY candid about not loving the tour life, so this makes complete sense.

And to put things into perspective, Celine earns $475,000 per show and Britney nets $375,000.

Thoughts on Adele performing in Vegas? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

21 minutes ago, falka said:

She's too boring for Vegas :rihstare:

She'll do really well! And I don't think she's boring at all! She is what is missing in a lot of artists in the industry. She showcases vulnerability, weakness, and empowerment that a lot of stars can only dream of. That's why artists like Beyonce, Ed Sheehan and P!nk do so well tbh :mattafact:

I knew this would be coming. It makes total sense for her. And people will empty their bank accounts/mortgage their property to see her. She's not my favorite artist, but it's a smart move for someone who is popular and doesn't care for touring. Will her shows be Vegas quality though? TBD I guess. But Adele fans are coming for the voice, not the show.

31 minutes ago, WilderWein said:

Srsly? I cant imagine a more boring choice. I mean we are talking about vegas here,... adele!?!?

The biggest spenders in Vegas are older ppl. Why do you think Celine slays? 

They will pay for Adele

It'd be a great opportunity for her considering she really hates touring. So why not?

With Britney's residency ending they (Las Vegas) have to fill a gap and Adele is selling out stadiums so I don't think she'll have struggle selling tickets.

At everyone saying Adele is "boring" live has clearly never seen Adele live. She actually puts on a super entertaining show - she's as much as a stand up comic as she is a singer, and she truly connects with the audience. Not to mention her catalog? Flawlessly iconic, and her vocals? Incredible.

I love the idea of artists (a la Bjork) who do moving residencies - they perform in one place for a number of shows/weeks and then move to another major city.

Adele committing to performing in Vegas for one entire year, when she lives in London/UK? That would be grueling. Not to mention Vegas is :trash:

Just now, Spearsfan said:

It not like Adele is agreeing to that yet. They are hyping up their plan for Adele. 

No you're right, I was mainly kidding. My jaw did drop at that number though:ohnoney:

Honestly, I think it'd be a cool move for her. She has a huge demographic that she appeals too, and as we all know Vegas offers great stability for artists who don't like the touring aspect of performing.