We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

HeavenOnExhale

Happy 25th Anniversary to Madonna's "Erotica" album + SEX book

Happy 25th Anniversary to "Erotica" and the Sex book written by Dita. This is considered one of the biggest backlashes in pop music history, she was EVERYWHERE in a negative light. Honestly this is my favourite Madonna era she was courageous and risky, it would of been exciting to watch this all unfold. This is her best album in my opinion I love every song on the album, my faves are Erotica, Deeper and Deeper, Secret Garden, Where Life Begins, Words & the criminally underrated single Bad Girl. She also had the fun and entertaining "The Girlie Show" tour which was banned in multiple countries as well. 

Let me know what your guys thoughts on this era, the album and the sex book? Anyone here who was alive and lived through this eventful era too? Favourite tracks?

f38f0ea42399d27d6bf88fbc5c5110da--mascul

BlClvA2CAAAZ7KY.jpg

a504cf5c1e01a8e9c5f5912d26a04a64--madonn

Sex+by+Madonna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNqHKS-Udxg

I'm gonna be a bitch right now and call Madonna out on some bullshit, I love how she made some comment a few years ago about how she thinks artists shouldn't cover songs and that it's uncreative or something like that and yet she herself has released one as a single........... Fever is a cover! 

While I applaud Madonna for being daring enough to do the book and make the album, it's one of my least favorite albums from her.....I do love Rain though!

7 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I wasn't even born or conceived yet, but this is such an important moment in pop. Without Erotica, women in pop couldn't have had their big sexual awakenings, M took all the bullets for the girls.

This made me feel old considering I was 4 when this album was released......and you weren't even born yet lol! 

8 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I wasn't even born or conceived yet, but this is such an important moment in pop. Without Erotica, women in pop couldn't have had their big sexual awakenings, M took all the bullets for the girls.

It truly is, Without this album would we even have Britney and all of the popstars from the 00s & this decade the way they presented themselves. It would of been completely different. God bless Madge's Erotica Era :urite:

I was six when this came out, but see, I don't exactly remember the album because I wasn't a pop fan yet then; my mom raised me on rock and metal. I was an MTV baby -- and child, and teen -- but for some reason my brain always associates Justify My Love with this album/book, and yet, I KNOW it's from two years before. So I remember the iconic pose of her naked and hailing a cab, and a video/the controversy that came from a video that was two years older than this. :embarrassney: I'm a flop.

But happy anniversary, all the same! I do remember how iconic the book was.

I have that book. My book. My kinda book, it seems. But it is in Italian I think. I wasnt quite thinking straight when I bought it in I talian, but at least I supported a member who is a Britney and Madge fan and he is quite cool in my book too. 

I never really got into the book, it did have some good photographs though Steven Meisel did a really great job

And the album Erotica is such a pure jam that most of people sort of forgot about while focusing on the sex book more. It truly is a great mix between R&B and Pop music with a touch of dance.

And if you listen to the whole album, it is not really about sex whatsoever, it deals with self-destruction, AIDS awareness, tolerance of homosexual and one who is yearning for love.