We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

“Whiskey” Helps Maroon 5 And A$AP Rocky Cope With Lost Love: New Song

Can't drink the pain away.

Can't drink the pain away.

There's no stopping Maroon 5. The band is determined to secure a smash, unleashing one song after the next off their forthcoming album Red Pill Blues.

Frontman Adam Levine said they're not interested in releasing pop cuts this time around, but it's impossible for them to escape that sugary vortex. They're definitely trying, though. Following "What Lovers Do" featuring SZA and "Help Me Out" with Julia Michaels is "Whiskey" featuring A$AP Rocky, a reflective piano-driven ballad.

"I never knew that love was blind / 'Til I was hers," Levine sings. "'But she was never mine/ Yeah, I was reckless, but I let it burn / 'Til she kissed me like a whiskey," he sings. A$AP Rocky also recalls a former flame from the bottom of the bottle. "I ain't like the other cognacs/ Or the type of cat that'd never call back/ Or lose contact when you're running out of rum and you make a run," he raps. "All of that tequila's a killer/ A little vodka break her off something proper/ Pop a cork and play spin the bottle."

Ever had one of those drunken nights and longed for lost love? Yep, that's "Whiskey." Listen below beginning at midnight:

Red Pill Blues will be released on November 3rd via Interscope Records.

Thoughts on "Whiskey?" Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

I've been a fan since the beginning and of all the songs that maroon 5 has ever churned out.. I couldn't even get through the iTunes preview. Super boring. 

Idk what's going on in the music industry. Everything that came out today is pretty awful. Smh

15 hours ago, CrAzAY said:

I've been a fan since the beginning and of all the songs that maroon 5 has ever churned out.. I couldn't even get through the iTunes preview. Super boring. 

Idk what's going on in the music industry. Everything that came out today is pretty awful. Smh

All of their songs are sounding the same and are so generic. It’s all just very forgettable and not memorable what so ever. I know their career really went to new heights with songs like Moves Like Jagger, but I wish so bad they would make another album like their first and go back to basics. They haven’t made a rock style pop album like that since then and that is still my favorite album from them.

35 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

All of their songs are sounding the same and are so generic. It’s all just very forgettable and not memorable what so ever. I know their career really went to new heights with songs like Moves Like Jagger, but I wish so bad they would make another album like their first and go back to basics. They haven’t made a rock style pop album like that since then and that is still my favorite album from them.

I know me too! I miss their old stuff so much!

So if whiskey is helping Maroon 5 cope with whatever their phantom (falsetto) troubles are, what's going to help us cope as we have to suffer through yet another Maroon 5 song being played relentlessly on the radio for the next 10 months?