We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Songwriter Says Rihanna’s New Music Is “Absolutely Insane”

Come through.

Rihanna sneezed on the beat and the beat got sicker.

The singer is hard at work on her ANTi followup. Singer-songwriter Shakka says the Navy can’t anticipate what’s about to come.

“She’s definitely coming out with new stuff,” he told Capital XTRA. “The songs that we heard in that session, in that writing camp, were insane. It was absolutely insane. So I’m looking forward to it. Hopefully a bunch of my tracks make the album too,” he added.

Related:
Rihanna Enlists Drake’s “Passionfruit” Producer NaNa Rogues For New Album

What does the music sound like? "I don’t even know the direction," he admitted. "You know what Rihanna’s like. You can’t anticipate anything. It’s just a bunch of different songs that are like ‘I didn’t think she would do that’ – it sounds sick.”

All of a sudden I have a fever.

Are YOU excited for Rihanna's new album? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

27 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

Well, leak it or shut up, all this hypes are nothing. For example? Look what Gaga did, was it that great? No

Let people decide if it's timeless or not.

Yeah besides Rihanna's never gonna do a country trash album, and so far she's never disappointed, plus she knows who to work with and always makes bops, although I would love to hear rihanna doing something more artsy and interesting 

For the sake of our cochlear nerves, let's just hope it's absolutely nothing like "Work." That was literally the worst song of 2016, but because it was Rihanna, it was played 24/7 regardless. That frenzied, unintelligible babble very nearly caused me to go "absolutely insane," so the phrasing here is concerning. :xcuseme:

2 hours ago, Livin4art said:

Yeah besides Rihanna's never gonna do a country trash album, and so far she's never disappointed, plus she knows who to work with and always makes bops, although I would love to hear rihanna doing something more artsy and interesting 

anti kind of was a let down, performance, sales and songs wise. She was high 90% of recording it and a good deal of her fanbase hates the album. So yeah she did disappoint but only once. I like her a lot :) 

I loved many of her songs and I have like 5 of her albums, but Anti was not good to me, I only listen to Only if For a Night remix and sometimes Kiss it Better. 

I want pop again 

I don't like them describing it like that. To me it sounds like it's something she's never done before which means a new sound. And majority of past Rihanna BOPS. I hate when they experiment tbh... like imagine an album full of "Consideration" type tracks. MESS. :rude2me:

8 hours ago, Dynasty said:

anti kind of was a let down, performance, sales and songs wise. She was high 90% of recording it and a good deal of her fanbase hates the album. So yeah she did disappoint but only once. I like her a lot :) 

Is that true? All my friends love that album.

And also, it is her first "Album" album (look what BEYONCE made them do).

And it still manage to put out 3 top 10 singles. Which really impressed me.

11 hours ago, Dynasty said:

really , on twitter for example her fans voted for anti as her best album and I heard many people who aren't even her fans that anti was amazing album although I agree with you , I wasn't so amazed when it's out , but it's better than most of the trash on the industry nowdays , she wasn't really trendy and I like it .... I hope she will make even more interesting album next and won't be the hit girl like she used to be from 2005-2012 because slowly it gets boring and she needs to bring her true art and signature like Madonna did with Ray Of light , Britney did with Blackout and Beyonce did with Lemonade ..... hopefully 

17 minutes ago, Livin4art said:

really , on twitter for example her fans voted for anti as her best album and I heard many people who aren't even her fans that anti was amazing album although I agree with you , I wasn't so amazed when it's out , but it's better than most of the trash on the industry nowdays , she wasn't really trendy and I like it .... I hope she will make even more interesting album next and won't be the hit girl like she used to be from 2005-2012 because slowly it gets boring and she needs to bring her true art and signature like Madonna did with Ray Of light , Britney did with Blackout and Beyonce did with Lemonade ..... hopefully 

I agree with all what you said :mhm: i like that shes testing the grounds and abandoning the mainstream every now and then :) its smart, all the big stars did it like you said, madonna brit and beyonce