We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

P!nk Takes Us On A Journey Of Highs And Lows On New Album ‘Beautiful Trauma’: Stream

She's got some things to say.

Pink's seventh studio album Beautiful Trauma is exactly that.

The singer might seem like she has it all: fame, fortune, a steady marriage and two beautiful kids, but on Beautiful Trauma, Pink reveals there's more to her than meets the eye.

Pink kicked off the era with "What About Us," a mid-tempo sleepy power ballad that's social-political commentary on how tumultuous (and terrible) recent times have been. She quickly followed up with "Whatever You Want," a radio-friendly cut that will soundtrack her inevitable aerial performances quite perfectly. And despite her best efforts, "Revenge" also made the rounds. It features Eminem, and doesn't sound like how you'd expect it to – it's playful and, as she puts it, really "funny."

But there's some real sadness on Beautiful Trauma, as well. "Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken" is really heavy. "I will have to die for this I fear / There's rage and terror and there's sickness here," she sings over a somber piano. "I fight because I have to / I fight for us to know the truth."

And on "Secrets," P!nk gets vulnerable. "I let the walls come down / I let the monster out, and it's coming after me," she croons over a sugary beat and warm background vocals. "Do you feel exposed where it hurts the most? / Can you wear it on your sleeve?"

It's very cliché to say an artist's latest project is their most personal effort to date, but it's been five years since P!nk unleashed a pop record on us, and she's "got some things to say."

Stream Beautiful Trauma below:

What do YOU think about Pink's new album? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

I love it. You can tell she is allowing her sound to evolve with modern day sounds, but her lyrics are still coming from the same place. "Beautiful Trauma" is everything. Barbies, Where We Go, Better Life, I Am Here, and Whatever You Want are great tunes. 

7 hours ago, Tampa Life said:

I love it. You can tell she is allowing her sound to evolve with midern day sounds, but her lyrics are still comjng from the same place. "Beautiful Trauma" is everything. Barbies, Where We Go, Better Life, I Am Here, and Whatever You Want are great tunes. 

I also thought she did a good job with this.

Since her album I'm Not Dead she has had such a clean pop/rock/folk/acoustic sound and it's something I really admire about her work. It's very classic and timeless. 

Just now, button said:

i haven't heard D!ke's album yet. is there at least one good song on it? what about the Eminem collab?

omg babe dont listen to it, the eminem collab is really fucking awful and cheesy as expected. it's like a bubblegum la-de-da strolling song like gym class heroes used to do. it's so fucking sh!t.  tumblr_mvi9j2psm11qd8zg3o2_250.gif

check out the hilarious replies http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=6903442.594

2 minutes ago, satanic cheri candy lotion said:

omg babe dont listen to it, the eminem collab is really fucking awful and cheesy as expected. it's like a bubblegum la-de-da strolling song like gym class heroes used to do. it's so fucking sh!t.  tumblr_mvi9j2psm11qd8zg3o2_250.gif

check out the hilarious replies http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=6903442.594

Pink rapping is tragic and I cringed when she said “now here comes that singing part”

tumblr_mvi9j2psm11qd8zg3o2_250.gif

Just now, danny1994 said:

Pink rapping is tragic and I cringed when she said “now here comes that singing part”

as if eminem's freestyle didnt make me cringe enough, this just made things tenfolds worse. he shouldve retired after encore (even tho i f**k with a couple newer songs i could do without them if it prevented the rest of his tragedies from 2005 onward) tumblr_mvi9j2psm11qd8zg3o2_250.gif

5 minutes ago, satanic cheri candy lotion said:

oh wow both got dragged really hard :tiffcackle: that's the streaming audience so if they don't like it then the song won't be a hit. poor dat :tiffcackle:

Just now, button said:

oh wow both got dragged really hard :tiffcackle: that's the streaming audience so if they don't like it then the song won't be a hit. poor dat :tiffcackle:

"meth addicts eating" i lost my sh!t at the first two pages. :tiffcackle: also 37 pages on a kanye site about a pink and eminem song, when will jordan   :tiffcackle:

“I sneak-attacked him,” Pink, 38, admits to EW. “[Producer] Max [Martin] and I started making [“Revenge”], and I wrote this rap. We were drinking a lot of wine, and then I went home and I thought more wine would be a good idea.”

Finally ready, “I emailed [Eminem],” she continues. “This is why they call it liquid courage. And I said, ‘You know I love you. I like that you work with a lot of the same people, like Rihanna. She’s hotter than me, but I’m funnier. So I’m going for a rap Grammy, and I’d like to take you along with me.’ It was this long email, and he wrote back right away and just said, ‘Okay.'”

Eminem was in Rio De Janeiro when the request came in, but Pink found the finished track in her inbox just four days later. Thrilled, she recalls, “I emailed him again, I was like, ‘This is the best thing I’ve ever heard! I want to tackle you and rub your face in the dirt!'”

His response? “He just wrote back and was like, ‘Okay.'”

http://ew.com/music/2017/10/12/pink-eminem-duet-revenge-interview/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Story of this collab. no wonder it's crap :tiffcackle: "okay" "okay" "okay" :tiffcackle:

pink thinking she's funnier/more charismatic than Rihanna tho :tiffcackle: nope bitch she's both hotter and funnier than u :tiffcackle:

10 minutes ago, satanic cheri candy lotion said:

as if eminem's freestyle didnt make me cringe enough, this just made things tenfolds worse. he shouldve retired after encore (even tho i f**k with a couple newer songs i could do without them if it prevented the rest of his tragedies from 2005 onward) tumblr_mvi9j2psm11qd8zg3o2_250.gif

i was going to ask u about his anti-Trump freestyle and what u thought about it. i found it cringy too. he looked awkward during the whole thing. but he won those woke social media points i guess?

3 minutes ago, button said:

http://ew.com/music/2017/10/12/pink-eminem-duet-revenge-interview/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Story of this collab. no wonder it's crap :tiffcackle: "okay" "okay" "okay" :tiffcackle:

pink thinking she's funnier/more charismatic than Rihanna tho :tiffcackle: nope bitch she's both hotter and funnier than u :tiffcackle:

oh my GOD, she went there :tiffcackle: this fucking bitch really has a problem with hot girls doesnt she :tiffcackle: love the way u lie is actually one of the better eminem collabs (part 2 is trash tho) whereas sh!t has never had ONE good collab with eminem let alone solo song in my humble opinion. :tiffcackle: eminem's so fucking numb these days, i cant deal with his sell out ass. :tiffcackle:

i died at this prediction,

about 2 months ago

hook (pink) 

Never give up 
Keep fighting
No quitting
No shitting
(Em adlib) no finger lickin 
f**k! What! They! Say! 

Verse 1 

shady back in here 
trumps a queer 
Heard he's in office now 
Imma shoot him down 
Grab his head / shove it in the toilet 
Make him eat the sh!t I took in there 
Now he's a potty mouth 
I'm just so absurd 

the person wasnt far off considering shadys recent actions :tiffcackle:

1 minute ago, button said:

i was going to ask u about his anti-Trump freestyle and what u thought about it. i found it cringy too. he looked awkward during the whole thing. but he won those woke social media points i guess?

the way he kept acting like he was angry was hideous. tumblr_mvi9j2psm11qd8zg3o2_250.gif

i dont mind if he makes anti trump tracks, totally his freedom to do so, but that line about making fans choose between him and trump made me lose my sh!t, it was too fucking funny. he wants to call trump a dictator but then tries to make his fans choose between a rapper and a politician? tumblr_mvi9j2psm11qd8zg3o2_250.gif

2 minutes ago, satanic cheri candy lotion said:

the way he kept acting like he was angry was hideous. tumblr_mvi9j2psm11qd8zg3o2_250.gif

i dont mind if he makes anti trump tracks, totally his freedom to do so, but that line about making fans choose between him and trump made me lose my sh!t, it was too fucking funny. he wants to call trump a dictator but then tries to make his fans choose between a rapper and a politician? tumblr_mvi9j2psm11qd8zg3o2_250.gif

I don’t like entertainers getting political at all tbh, their job profession is to entertain us. But like you said, totally their freedom and it’s totally my freedom not to listen to it tumblr_mvi9j2psm11qd8zg3o2_250.gif

5 minutes ago, satanic cheri candy lotion said:

yeah. i don't believe for a second he was THAT angry, to the point of making his fans choose between trump and himself. it was so cheesy lmao

gotta get the album buzz from somewhere i guess...since there's no Rihanna hit collab spammed on pop radio this time around

10 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I don’t like entertainers getting political at all tbh, their job profession is to entertain us. But like you said, totally their freedom and it’s totally my freedom not to listen to it tumblr_mvi9j2psm11qd8zg3o2_250.gif

for me it depends, even if i disagree with some aspects i do love political music but i dont agree with having it shoved down my throat. i love nina simone and bob dylans political songs for example, and for bob theres instances i dont agree with but i enjoy them bc it offers different perspectives and its well written. eminem's approach was exactly how i expected him to react, hes craving to be "controversial" again. i like some of his old political songs, even if theres aspects to them that i may not side with.

also i just get bored of the pearl clutching hollywood  liberals thinking they are permitted to pigeonhole all the minorities (especially working class/less fortunate than these mansion bearing hollyweirdos) as some kind of torchbearers for their own beliefs and shame anyone who does not follow suit like a robot out of shame or fear they will be ridiculed for maybe having a slight unorthodox view on a matter. its why chris rock for example doesnt tour colleges anymore actually. tumblr_mvi9j2psm11qd8zg3o2_250.gif