We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Alli Simpson Is Unimpressed With L.A. Boys In New Song “Material Boy”

Music not the bling.

Music not the bling.

Alli Simpson returned to the music scene this month with her Ferras, Johan and Myah Marie-penned new tune, "Material Boy." Yes, it is a nod to Madonna's "Material Girl," but with her own icy spin on it. Cause some guys are lame as hell.

The song is “basically about dating in L.A.,” Simpson told BreatheHeavy.com. “I’ve been dating guys that are somewhat materialistic and treating girls as more of a possession… It’s more of an empowering girl power song.”

In a separate interview with Billboard, Simpson says the track is “one of the first few songs I have ever written,” adding: “I felt connected and attached to it immediately because it feels like me 100 percent from start to finish. The sound, the vibe, the story, the lyrics all comes from a point in my life and feels like me.”

"Plastic and diamonds are nice till they lose their shine / Your superficiality don't make my heart beat twice no lie / I'm not one of those barbies that will be at the afterparty waiting for some kind of hottie," she croons over a sultry beat.

It's refreshing for a pop singer to call out all the fakery that makes the industry go round. Listen to “Material Boy” below:

Simpson also told BreatheHeavy that she has plans to release new music every couple of weeks, so keep an eye out for it.

Thoughts on "Material Boy?" Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

“I’ve been dating guys that are somewhat materialistic and treating girls are more of a possession… It’s more of an empowering girl power song.”

I'm not one of those barbies that will be at the afterparty waiting for some kind of hottie," she croons over a sultry beat.

idk or care who this is but she can cut the whole empowering "girl power!" bullshit.

12 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

Now more than ever in Hollywood Girl Power is important tho 

u need to go reevaluate your definition on girl power sweetie. girl power does not mean shitting on other women for their choices which is what she did. understand? good! ec716715263aab9e05a67951f730285b.gif

"im not one of those barbiezzz that wait for hottiez" so what? does she think that makes her better than others? no it doesnt. she can go shave her back now, bye allen sampson ec716715263aab9e05a67951f730285b.gif