We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

A New Whitney Houston Album Is On The Way

Unreleased music and rare live recordings.

Unreleased music and rare live recordings from Whitney Houston's 'Bodyguard' to be included on the 25th anniversary edition.

The top-selling soundtrack album of all-time is getting an update. Houston's estate will unveil the “Whitney Houston – I Wish You Love: More From ‘The Bodyguard’” album on November 17. According to Variety, the record "brings together a variety of live and studio recordings, many of them rare or previously unreleased."

Here are the gritty details:
The album includes previously unreleased live recordings from Houston’s “Bodyguard Tour” of 1993-1995; alternate versions of the audio recordings from the “The Bodyguard” film; and an alternate version of a remix of “I’m Every Woman.” The album will be available on CD and digital configurations as well as a limited edition 2LP 12″ purple vinyl edition, to be released at a later date.

More specifically, rarities include an alternate mix of “I Will Always Love You,” which features a spoken word intro of Whitney as Rachel Marron, a previously unreleased A Capella version of “Jesus Loves Me,” and a live version of the rarely performed “Run To You.” Also included are film and live versions of “I Will Always Love” You,” “I Have Nothing,” “Queen of The Night” and more.

The Bodyguard: Original Soundtrack Album, co-executive produced by Whitney Houston and Clive Davis, was first released on Nov. 17, 1992. It sold more than 45 million copies worldwide, won a Grammy Award for Album of the Year and was the first album verified by SoundScan to surpass a million units in a single week.

Are YOU buying Whitney's new album? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Oh God I love this movie. The songs are ICONIC !!! I am happy they are releasing a new version. We'll get the vinyle as well !!! I'm sure "I Will always Love you (alternate mix) is the actual version we can hear at the final of the movie. The instrumental is different. My regret is we don't get to have the "I have Nothing" (Oscar version) which was sung by another artist but I guess this album must be 100% Whitney.

The tracklist is ok. I can't wait. I assume the "Film version" are actually the version we had on the first release of the soundtrack, right ?

On 13.10.2017 at 11:48 AM, lustwecantcontrol said:

They released something else from her that was suppose to have never before heard stuff too and it ended up being live versions or something lame like that! They should release an album from her of actual never before heard songs!

This and pls old demos with her much better voice.

No one can tell me they don't have 20 unreleased songs from every era

19 hours ago, Alexanda said:

This and pls old demos with her much better voice.

No one can tell me they don't have 20 unreleased songs from every era

Omg I bet there are tons of unreleased songs from her, I don't know why they insist on releasing live versions of things instead! I'm sure there are also quite a few rare tracks from her too....like little known bonuses or jingles she did that they could include on an album of unreleased material! That's actually my dream for Britney's 20th anniversary a disc of rare/unreleased stuff, but in all honesty it's something they should do with Whitney as well! 

It did a little research and it looks like she supposedly recorded around 50 songs for her first 2 albums, so obviously there are tons of leftovers from those sessions. 

LOL so weird I just finished watching a drama where Bodyguard the album played one of the key roles. :mattafact:

It was a time-travelling drama with changing  past and therefore changing future. In one time-reality a girl tucked a loving dedication into the Bodyguard vinyl case. In another reality it was a cousin-uncle relationship. And the story goes on. :mattafact:

I am thinking now - is it a case where Whitney also time travels?