We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Almost No Women Were Nominated In The Main Categories At The AMAs

Seems like women are held to a way higher standard than men in the music industry. I mean, as a whole, did the top female artists release anything amazing this year? No, but neither did the men. So that argument makes no sense to me. All the stuff released by Bruno Mars, Maroon 5, and the Chainsmokers was just as basic, if not more so, than what was released by female artists. And I mean, just in terms of quality, there is no justification why something like "Closer" deserves a nomination yet "Praying" doesn't. :lemmetellu:

Come on, no Kesha - Praying? Ok, give this song some Grammys at least, one of the best vocals i've heard in 2017.:lemmetellu:

And Bruno Mars annoys me with his looong eras and every song is a single, i didn't feel his last era, so now i have to wait 5 years? COME ON

On 10/12/2017 at 1:04 PM, Spearsfan said:

This wasn't a good year for female artists. 

Like out of everyone I think Halsey deserved to be nominated. (I know she isn't liked here) but she is one of the only pop females that had a great year. Also Kesha deserves a nom for her album. It did well also. 

Those are the only two that come to mind that deserve it. 

exactly, if the female artists didn't do well this year, why should they be nominated? the handful that did well should be nominated