We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Vanessa Carlton Dragged Taylor Swift For Staying Silent On Harvey Weinstein

Turning Taylor into a verb.

Vanessa Carlton singled out Taylor Swift for keeping quiet amidst the Harvey Weinstein scandal.

Some of Hollywood's most powerful women have spoken out against the disgraced Hollywood exec, who is under fire for sexually harassing and abusing women for more than a decade. Weinstein's wife also announced she is leaving him. Read more about that here. It seems everyone has an opinion on Weinstein. Everyone except Taylor Swift. She hasn't said anything about the scandal, and for some reason that irked singer Vanessa Carlton. Carlton posted a couple of notes on an Instastory slamming Swift for not using her platform to denounce Weinstein's despicable actions. Swift has faced similar backlash for not taking a political stance for or against Donald Trump – she may fear she'll lose fans as a result, which is problematic.

"To Taylor Swift: verb." Definition: When one doesn't comment on a situation even though one has a moral and ethical obligation to comment on such situation but because one is very concerned with one's reputation one remains silent."

Carlton also gave an example: "Used in a sentence. 'Gwyneth Paltrow is gonna Taylor Swift the Harvey Weinstein situation.'"

I'm going to have to disagree with Carlton on this one. Swift recently duked it out in court against her alleged sexual abuser and gave hundreds of thousands of dollars to Kesha to pay for legal bills in her battle against alleged sexual predator Dr. Luke. Taylor doesn't have to comment on Weinstein's scandal. Staying mum on President Trump though? That's something worth blasting her for.

Thoughts on Vanessa's comments? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Pathetic. No one has the right to influence other people minds on subjects as politic. Every single person has a brain, which technically should allow them  to think and made decisions for themselves without being influenced by others based on their music tastes. It' like religion,  the world it's chaos because everyone believes their beliefs are the true ones or more important than the others or whatever. Let 's also blame taylor swift for not stopping isis or not having found the cure for cancer yet.

25 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I'm sorry didn't Taylor just take a guy who palmed her to court for only $1 dollar? Miss Vanessa can stay being a pressed White Chicks meme, what even.

:bcutelaugh: I was gonna say, she needs to shade the wayans brothers cos I can't take her only hit seriously whenever I hear it. She better thank them actually cos white chicks is the ONLY reason she'll be getting streams.:ohi:

yeah I don't think Taylor has a moral or ethical obligation to comment on trump....

I believe political views are very, very private....maybe even more private than religion....ppl celebrate holidays, go to church its very public....voting IMO is a very private matter - its literally done in a private booth...so I do believe in her decision to stay silent tbh. I don't think anyone NEEDS to know who anyone else voted for.

I think it's refreshing that Taylor's not shoving her political opinion down our throats. 

Also, she's not an actress and from my understandig this guy was a director or some sh!t, so what does this have to do with her. I think ms Carlton is looking for some attention. 

Why would she tho? This Vanessa sounds like a major c*nt who doesn't like Taylor for some other reason and she's using this as an excuse to shade her.

Also Gwyneth Paltrow spoke about her experiences with him and how he sexually harassed her, so idk what this bitch problem is 

I can't stand Taylor for many reasons but I don't see why she should talk about that particular Weinstein story. I understand it was important for Democrats to talk (Clinton/Obama)because he donated money to them many times, and people in the film industry. But Taylor Swift, it's reaching. :yaknow:  

Since when does she need to comment on it? Taylor swift isn't even in the film industry. Yeah, she's a woman but it doesn't mean that she has anything to do with it. Britney has been less political than Taylor and nobody gets on her about it. 

This is ridiculous. Demi criticised Taylor for staying silent about Kesha last year as well - except Taylor was the one who donated to her. Just because she doesn't say anything doesn't mean she doesn't care, she doesn't have to shove her political opinions down our throats if she doesn't want to. 

14 hours ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

first of all: who?

Second: wtf is wrong with this girl. she cares more about somebody else their response to this than she actually cares about the victims.

don't know her but I know she is a complaining c*nt for sure

She's a one hit wonder lol.