We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Beyonce's "Mi Gente" Remix Rockets Up The Hot 100

The power of Beyonce.

The power of Beyonce.

Queen Bey wanted her very own "Despacito," and she's got it. The Grammy award winning singer hopped on a remix of J Balvin and Willy William’s “Mi Gente” last week, and her magic touched helped the track jump from No. 21 to No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100 this week. There's no signs of slowing down, either.

Here are some numbers jargon via Billboard:
4-1 on Digital Song Sales (79,000 sold, up 436 percent, with 87 percent of its sales from its new remix) and 14-5 on Streaming Songs (28.7 million, up 50 percent), while also climbing 32-29 on Radio Songs (46 million, up 18 percent).

However, she was no match for Cardi B. Cardi's "Bodak Yellow," which topped the chart for a third consecutive week, giving her a new longevity record for a hit by an unaccompanied female rapper.

I have a feeling Bey will get that No. 1 sooner than later, though.

Thoughts on Beyonce landing at No. 3 this week? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

23 hours ago, DMVofficial said:

beyonce really doing everything she can to get a #1 this decade.......

What? :calculating: If she wanted a #1, she'd stop putting her music on Tidal and put it on Spotify and YouTube. :myjam: She hasn't cared about the charts ever since Survivor was blocked from the top position back in the DC days. :tiffsmoke:

52 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

What? :calculating: If she wanted a #1, she'd stop putting her music on Tidal and put it on Spotify and YouTube. :myjam: She hasn't cared about the charts ever since Survivor was blocked from the top position back in the DC days. :tiffsmoke:

She stopped caring about charts after the 4 singles flopped. Her music before self-titled was so chart-pandering :mattafact:

53 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

But...... that's exactly what she's doing with Mi Gente. It's available on TIDAL, Spotify, iTunes, Youtube, etc.

You just proved my point :whitney:

1 minute ago, DMVofficial said:

But...... that's exactly what she's doing with Mi Gente. It's available on TIDAL, Spotify, iTunes, Youtube, etc.

Because it's J Balvin's song. She doesn't decide that crap because she's just featured. :whitney: Same thing with Shinning. Until she properly releases an album, promotes everywhere and shows obsession with charts, you can't say she's desperate for a #1 in the 2010s. :whitney: If she wanted a #1 song, she would've released Formation on iTunes, Spotify and YouTube right after the Super Bowl. Guess what? She didn't. :whitney: And take that "prove my point" bullshit somewhere else. :whitney:

11 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

She stopped caring about charts after the 4 singles flopped. Her music before self-titled was so chart-pandering :mattafact:

In what way is an R&B album in the peak of the dance-pop domination chart-pandering? :whitney:

6 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Maybe 4 wasn’t but IASF, DIL, and especially B’Day were all chart pandering :whitney:

Maybe, but all the eras you pointed out were Matthew's. She stopped chart pandering when she left him after IASF. Do you notice a trend? He's chart pandering, not her. :whitney: You can say she's fame hungry, egotystical and much more, but she's not desperate for quick lil' singles as proven by the way the singles rollout has been ever since the ST era, which she managed. :whitney: And Sasha Fierce is miles more chart pandering than B'Day. :whitney:

2 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Maybe, but all the eras you pointed out were Matthew's. She stopped chart pandering when she left him after IASF. Do you notice a trend? He's chart pandering, not her. :whitney: You can say she's fame hungry, egotystical and much more, but she's not desperate for quick lil' singles as proven by the way the singles rollout has been ever since the ST era, which she managed. :whitney: And Sasha Fierce is miles more chart pandering than B'Day. :whitney:

Sasha Fierce is her most commercial album but B’Day sounds like everything in the mid-2000’s. :whitney:

11 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

7 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Sasha Fierce is her most commercial album but B’Day sounds like everything in the mid-2000’s. :whitney:

Everything pre-4 with the exception of Naughty Girl and Baby Boy is honestly trash.

While I wasn't really a fan of Lemonade, I do love 4 and Self Titled. I hope she goes back to that route because from here I don't know what other gimmick she can pull.

2 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Everything pre-4 with the exception of Naughty Girl and Baby Boy is honestly trash.

While I wasn't really a fan of Lemonade, I do love 4 and Self Titled. I hope she goes back to that route because from here I don't know what other gimmick she can pull.

Not when Upgrade U is her best song. :ririshade1: The albums weren't as deep as her new ones but they were far from trash. :ririshade1: