We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

It's A Good Thing Miley Cyrus Hates The Charts, Cause 'Younger Now' Only Sold 33,000 Albums

1 hour ago, Chris88 said:

I would literally agree with you if it was one anyone else than Miley. But when Miley was in her Bangerz era she was like "This is the real me, I make what I wanna do, the only bitch I want on my record is Britney" and stuff, like she was totally in control and even when she was showing a lot, and sometimes too much skin, she was really owning up to it, she even said that she didn't want to perform anything pre-Can't Be Tamed because she didn't recognize herself in that (or something). And now she has this album and she's like "This is the real me, I don't care about the charts"...I'm calling BS on her. Not because she went country, I'd take Colbie Caillat anytime over all the same sounding EDM/HipHop/pop stuff we hear on the radio from artists who care more about selling than music, but I don't see how real Miley really is. That said I have major respect for her humanitarian work and the advocacies she takes on. 

I understand completely what you are saying. But I think it's a bit of what ChosenSparkles pointed out below. Miley (like Britney) grew and is still growing up in front of the world. Her music is reflecting that I feel.  

Bangerz was probably her rebellious early twenties stage. I thought I had a grip on who I was and what I wanted at that age like most early twenty something's. Now she's approaching her mid twenties  and is in a different place. Her music would naturally reflect that. In this instance unfortunately it seems like her audience just didn't grow with her in this direction. 

I hope she keeps her integrity and continues to experiment with sounds and esthetics to eventually find her own. 

1 hour ago, ChosenSparkles said:

I think Miley evolves constantly and is growing as a person... with Bangerz she felt herself bc she was always supposed to play the role model and she was done with that pressure so she went crazy Miley mode plus Liam broke up with her so she was unstable IMO... we gotta realize she was in a show that pretty much destroyed her life bc people projected an image on her that wasn't her and she had so much success at such a young age, of course she was gonna do something crazy at some point. Then she was mainly on drugs while doing Dead Petz and stuff, but then she went back to Liam and took some time away from the glitter world and find herself growing and changing. Plus she decided to be sober (it's been 6 month now)... It happens to all of us in our 20ies, we are always figuring out who we are and who we want to be...

Poor Miley, the album is OK. I just think it's not the sound most people that have listened to her in the past would listen to. It's just not poppy enough. It's still surprising with all the effort she put in. I really can't believe Demi outsold her, I've always though Miley was a much bigger star than Demi. 

6 hours ago, SelinaKyle said:

Completely agree. More artist need to not give a sh!t about charts and make sharper music, even if it's risking to miss a No.1. Who cares if it's good !
Pop is not the same quality as it used to be. Too much singers are choosing safe directions, to make it super global, and reach much people as possible.
But sorry safe is boring ! Be bold bitches ! 

giphy.gif

She doesn't care because her stuff is flopping

Now if it was doing well then she would be singing a different tune.

I'm sure she didn't hate the charts when her last album went #1

I'm sure she didn'thate the charts  when Malibu went #+

5 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

"Mike, how are ya? It's me, Miley. My album flopped and I was wonderin' if you have some urban bop laying around? Something stereotypically black if possible that will anger white parents. I didn't mean to shade your culture. I'm a victim."

latest?cb=20110703200908

But I'm glad she flop with with the music she actually likes.

It must be painful to flop when your target is a massive hit.

If you know what I mean:Lshark:.

26 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

She clearly doesn't know what a music chart is. They measure sucess, not quality. :mj:

Quality is an important factor for success though. That's why you got albums like DAMN. and Lemonade selling like crazy.

22 hours ago, brocklovesgreys said:

The saddest part about this whole post is how many copies of Lemonade were sold. Sad to see the direction the music industry is going in. Why do people buy that? Ahh. I'll never understand. As for Younger Now, it's awful. TBH, I'm surprised it sold as many as it did.

Why is that the saddest part?

3 hours ago, Lemon said:

Quality is an important factor for success though. That's why you got albums like DAMN. and Lemonade selling like crazy.

4 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

She clearly doesn't know what a music chart is. They measure sucess, not quality. :mj:

True but at the same time there's plenty of albums that don't sell super good by super talented people

On 10/10/2017 at 8:45 AM, it's so much Better said:

omg how did that happen?

glory sold like 100k and brinni is.. wel..

you guys know

I can't believe people still underestimate Britney. AFTER2007, she proved she can still be huge and she will do it again.

It's actually pretty sad it flopped. The material she's put out so far is boring though, people are probably over her as well. She is trying to redeem herself this era by toning down her image but it's probably too little too late.

2 hours ago, WilderWein said:

didnt she say it wasnt an album full of hits, that it isnt tat type of album? im feeling that if something is actually quite nice it wont sell well because people want generic

She did say she knew it wouldn’t be a massive hit or that the radio won’t play it bc it’s not mainstream and it’s not like what radios are playing. So I think she knew she wasn’t gonna get a million sales from it even tho I think the album is holding on pretty well on iTunes (#7 WW and #12 in US) while demi’s is free falling (out of top 30 WW and #20 in US)