We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Dirk

Would u accept well her retirement?

Would you be okay if she decides to retire now after POM? :ponderney:

Not exactly like after POM, but after B10 (end of 2018) and a Superbowl :drinky:/World tour (2019) 

I think I would be okay with that nowadays, I've learned to detach myself from the stan world and just think of whatever is the best for her as a human being :bparty:

I definitely thought I would die 10 years ago if she decided to retire or something, I always loved her and I couldn't imagine my life without her music :wannadie:

I think I've grown up :NYsassy: and there's just a lot of girls out there in pop music  :sofedup: the pop scene changed so much and I don't think she fits this business anymore :snapney:

I genuinely want her to live her life without the crazy pressure of this business she's been under since she was 17 :liberatedaf: 

I agree. She has made her mark, doesn't fit in anymore, doesn't want to try to event though she could. Although, she doesn't have to--as much as I would love for her to have one more classic pop hit--then retire! 

No, I would never accept something like that. :nonono:

And she has no reasons to stop now. Probably the breaks between eras will be longer each time, but I really doubt she'll ever retire. So to answer your post, I wouldn't be ok.

My question is, would ya'll be ok with stanning for someone that isn't as successful anymore, that doesn't promote, that "halfasses" her performances, that doesn't release enough singles, the messes up with her face, that isn't relatable to the young people? You say you think you've grown up, maybe,  but I think it would be more mature of you if you either accepted this "new Britney" with all the things I mentioned and kept being a fan of this person without complaining, or if you just moved away to stan for other girls as you said, BUT without the necessity of Britney retiring from the business.

What I mean is, I've always thought that every time that someone suggests Britney should retire, THAT someone is afraid to admit they don't like Britney anymore, and they're not brave enough to live ignoring this new Britney, which they're already done with, so they'd rather have a retired Britney so they don't feel the guilt of not following or supporting her, or the shame to recognize that yeah, you still like Britney, but you like other artists better. Or when their friends ask them why they don't stan for Britney anymore, they could freely say "because she's retired" instead of "because she's lame and lazy now", "because I hate what she does now", "because she sucks" or whatever your true feelings are.

I'm totally fine with what she's given us lately. My only complaint is that she could give us more. More singles, more videos, more performances, more interviews, etc. But what she's given to us is great. I know for what she's said over the years that probably her biggest wish is to retire and be with her family and be a teacher and such, but to me, as a fan, it never ever crosses my mind the idea of Britney Spears retiring.

No!!:weirdmeout:

Perhaps only if it happens twenty years from now...... even if it means that she will destroy everything that she has built in her early years.... 

I don't see myself as someone else's fan right now:lostney:

It's painful to see her destroying own legacy (or maybe it's her management)  :tiffanycries:

She's at the moment in her career when she doesn't need to prove anything, she don't have to care about charts.

It would be way better if she'd drop new album every few years, and I mean good quality album, with REAL story behind it
With her compositions, no auto tune, good lyrics
No world tour but few performances with live singing, or no performances at all (no awards shows). :britstare11:

Then she would show herself as a good artist, good singer, and old fanbase would be pleased too, and she could live her own, normal life at the same time :clap1:

No. I still love her the most. Shes been a part of my life since I was 11. Im 30 now so I cant get into another popstar.

Of course I love other (old) music and I love a lot of bands, but Britney has a special place and that will never change I guess.

Im sure she will release some good music some day and reinvent herself

Btw, you dont sound like youve grown up:whitney:

I don't get this question always brought up ?? Don't y'all remember she is "Britney Spears" she will never "retire" like a regular job! She is apart of music history yeah she will take breaks but she will always be Britney Spears from planet Earth lol :) and the key to success is not to consistently judge or gauge how well your doing against others let them do their thing and you do yours and usually great things will come from you that you never thought you had in you .... Let Britney do her thing, she has given her management team and the fan base a great run with POM and we have had exposure like no other time in her career let her catch her breath find her vibe and let her go watch ;) have faith in her <3 I say this with L.O.V.E

8 hours ago, Dirk said:

Would you be okay if she decides to retire now after POM? :ponderney:

Not exactly like after POM, but after B10 (end of 2018) and a Superbowl :drinky:/World tour (2019) 

I think I would be okay with that nowadays, I've learned to detach myself from the stan world and just think of whatever is the best for her as a human being :bparty:

I definitely thought I would die 10 years ago if she decided to retire or something, I always loved her and I couldn't imagine my life without her music :wannadie:

I think I've grown up :NYsassy: and there's just a lot of girls out there in pop music  :sofedup: the pop scene changed so much and I don't think she fits this business anymore :snapney:

I genuinely want her to live her life without the crazy pressure of this business she's been under since she was 17 :liberatedaf: 

If she just retires after Piece Of Meltdown I swear I'm taking a flight to L.A. just to slap her in the face.
I couldn't bear it. I would love her to have a great, last era with good music, a good tour, 3 good music videos, good dancing and a couple of good live performances.
Then she can retire.
I've been a fan for 18 years now, so her retirement kind of feel like a personal loss to me...

8 hours ago, Britney's cheese grits said:

>implying that in order to be ok with her retiring you must like another artist more :ririshade1:

while I can't speak for everyone, Britney will probably be the only artist I have ever and will ever stan for :nyschool:

I may like some bops from other artist but no one (to me at least) has come close to possessing the allure Britney has :foh: (or had :woopsie:)

I aint checking up on them like I check up on Britney lol :trash:

Well, that's great, and you're part of a minority that wouldn't whine if Britney decided to keep going on with a much lower profile than her golden years, with a much lesser successful career. What I mean is that a lot of people in here would rather know she has permanently retired and stay just with the good memories, instead of recognizing that they stan for someone whose current career flops, because they'd be embarrassed to assume that position.

Yes I would be fine with it :brityes:

But only after a last world tour and an album that is the best that she has ever done. After that she can stop everything, and do some appearances and collaborations  from time to time.

But she isn't going to stop her carrer that soon, she loves money more than her legacy :britannoyed:

I don't think a Superbowl performance is realistic right now. It would only be an embarrassment with her current execution of choreography and stiff moves. Mix that with lip syncing which the GP is definitely not here for in 2017 (or 2018) and they'll drag her left and right. Not a good move. 

If she released B10 with some amazing songs, 3 or 4 amazing singles with MVs to match and just executed everything the way she would have in her prime then yes I'd eventually accept her retirement and be grateful for one last great era. However, I still have hope that she'll improve. 

She has 3 choices:

1. Continue to be mediocre (being stiff, half-assing choreo, lip syncing an entire show etc.), ruin her legacy and be known to the GP as an untalented popstar who got lucky

2. Make massive changes, improve dancing, attempt singing more often and proving everyone wrong as well as making the fans happy

3. Retire and live her life and be happy 

No, I'd be so upset because I'd still like her to tap more into a creative atmosphere and give us really great music, I know she at least still enjoys recording.

But eventually it has to happen, but I'd prefer it to happen when she's like near Madonna's age if she really doesn't want to keep going anymore. She deserves to be happy.