We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Eminem Is Reportedly Dropping An Album One Week After Taylor Swift Releases 'Reputation'

A huge fourth quarter.

Looks like Taylor Swift will get to enjoy being No. 1 for one week.

It's going to be a HUGE fourth quarter. Sam Smith will release The Thrill Of It All on Nov. 3. The following week belongs to Taylor Swift. She'll unleash Reputation on Nov. 10, which was poised to top the charts for the rest of the year. That will no longer happen.

Word on the street is that Eminem is planning to release his forthcoming ninth studio album, a followup to 2013's The Marshall Mathers LP 2, on Nov. 17. That's some serious competition for Swifty. Eminem typically debuts with MASSIVE numbers, so expect him to block the pop star from a Billboard 200 reign.

It appears we won't have to wait long for new tunes from Em. Pink's collaboration with the rapper on a track called "Revenge" off her forthcoming album, Beautiful Trauma, is thought to debut this Friday (October 13).

Get your credit cards out, ladies. It's going to be a pricey couple of months.

Thoughts on Eminem releasing a new record? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

I'd push back Reputation if I were her. Not that she needs it cause her album will have massive sales anyways but if we are talking about charts, I'd push it back for a month or even 2. It's not that any A lister will be releasing something in december

f**k YES!!! I'm ready for the Rap God to deliver another masterpiece.

TBH, Taylor is really lucky his album isn't dropping the same week as hers. There are admittedly very few people who can currently outsell Taylor Swift, but she wouldn't stand a chance against Eminem. The dude always disappears completely for ~5 years at a time, does absolutely no promo and winds up with the best-selling album of the year.

Btw, @breatheheavy, you missed out on the opportunity to write the easiest headline ever: "Guess Who's Back, Back Again?"

giphy.webp

53 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

f**k YES!!! I'm ready for the Rap God to deliver another masterpiece.

TBH, Taylor is really lucky his album isn't dropping the same week as hers. There are admittedly very few people who can currently outsell Taylor Swift, but she wouldn't stand a chance against Eminem. The dude always disappears completely for ~5 years at a time, does absolutely no promo and winds up with the best-selling album of the year.

Btw, @breatheheavy, you missed out on the opportunity to write the easiest headline ever: "Guess Who's Back, Back Again?"

giphy.webp

Taylor announced her date before Eminem though. If anything, Eminem avoided Taylor's week because his label knows he wouldn't be able to outsell her. She is undeniably a bigger sales force than him this decade. Her last album debuted with 1.287M sales and that was the third time in a row she opened with a million+. His last album was released a year prior to that (so a healthier market to his advantage) and it moved "only" 792k first week. I don't see it at all for Eminem if both of them released the same week tbh.

43 minutes ago, button said:

Taylor announced her date before Eminem though. If anything, Eminem avoided Taylor's week because his label knows he wouldn't be able to outsell her. She is undeniably a bigger sales force than him this decade. Her last album debuted with 1.287M sales and that was the third time in a row she opened with a million+. His last album was released a year prior to that (so a healthier market to his advantage) and it moved "only" 792k first week. I don't see it at all for Eminem if both of them released the same week tbh.

Pop fans are fickle, though, and Taylor has started to receive a lot more backlash as of late. In contrast, Eminem has stood the test of time, as his fanbase is both massive and incredibly loyal.  He was the best-selling artist from 2000-2009, and still had the best selling album of 2010 worldwide. Yes, he "only" had the second best-selling debut week of 2013, (behind JT), but was labeled the most streamed artist of all-time by Spotify in 2014. And in 2014, he also became the first artist ever with two digital diamond-certified songs in the US. And 2014 was obviously already Taylor domain (when 1989 was released, in fact). And that's without virtually any promo on his part, and massive, incessant promo on her part. Not to mention, his inevitably censored songs would've contributed to far less airplay than Taylor's singles. However, given that streaming is even bigger now, coupled with the fact that the main female pop artists are failing to pull in the numbers they used to, I really think he could come out on top (in this hypothetical scenario).

I could be wrong, but we are talking about a man with 7#1 albums, who is the second best-selling male artist in US history, and the 6th best-selling artist overall. 

3 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

Pop fans are fickle, though, and Taylor has started to receive a lot more backlash as of late. In contrast, Eminem has stood the test of time, as his fanbase is both massive and incredibly loyal.  He was the best-selling artist from 2000-2009, and still had the best selling album of 2010 worldwide. Yes, he "only" had the second best-selling debut week of 2013, (behind JT), but was labeled the most streamed artist of all-time by Spotify in 2014. And in 2014, he also became the first artist ever with two digital diamond-certified songs in the US. And 2014 was obviously already Taylor domain (when 1989 was released, in fact). And that's without virtually any promo on his part, and massive, incessant promo on her part. Not to mention, his inevitably censored songs would've contributed to far less airplay than Taylor's singles. However, given that streaming is even bigger now, coupled with the fact that the main female pop artists are failing to pull in the numbers they used to, I really think he could come out on top (in this hypothetical scenario).

I could be wrong, but we are talking about a man with 7#1 albums, who is the second best-selling male artist in US history, and the 6th best-selling artist overall. 

I completely agree. 

Not to mention rap is insanely huge right now. 

1 minute ago, LostInAnImage said:

I'm well aware of Eminem's career achievements and the sales he has accumulated since the early 2000s, but I'm talking about his first week pull as of recent years compared to Taylor's... If she lost pop fans, then it will affect her total album sales and he could possibly outsell her in the long run. But as far as first week numbers go, Taylor's are always a juggernaut due to her rock solid, dedicated fanbase.

I could further explain why I think Taylor would come on top but we're getting the answer next month anyways lol.

52 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I completely agree. 

Not to mention rap is insanely huge right now. 

Yeah, I think that goes right back to the ever-increasing importance and popularity of streaming. Hip-hop and rap fans seemingly tend to stream more than pop fans do; we can clearly see the effect on this week's charts, as a relatively unknown/newcomer rapper (i.e., A Boogie wit da Hoodie), sold <10k in pure sales, yet either beat or virtually tied with two big female pop artists on the charts (i.e., Demi and Miley), despite them having sold ~30-40k physical albums more than him. If pop artists don't start to take streaming seriously, the genre is going to die.

32 minutes ago, button said:

I'm well aware of Eminem's career achievements and the sales he has accumulated since the early 2000s, but I'm talking about his first week pull as of recent years compared to Taylor's... If she lost pop fans, then it will affect her total album sales and he could possibly outsell her in the long run. But as far as first week numbers go, Taylor's are always a juggernaut due to her rock solid, dedicated fanbase.

I could further explain why I think Taylor would come on top but we're getting the answer next month anyways lol.

You could very well be right. It's ultimately irrelevant anyway, since both will inevitably top the charts their respective release weeks. :snapney:

3 hours ago, button said:

Are we really sure 1M+ are dedicated fans?... I mean Britney undoubtedly had a bigger peak yet her sales dwindled over time with one of the factors being how she was represented in the media. Taylor Swift is receiving a similar fallout, although not as severe. I really don't think she can push 1M+ first week this time. Maybe around 750-800k. What do you think? The squeaky clean image is gone, her victim card is maxed out and both of her new songs aren't being as well received as Shake It Off and Blank Space were by a GP consensus. Not to mention she's nowhere to be found and her album comes out in a month. Eminem has that release week for #1 on lock because I don't think she can pull another 700k second week if my other predictions are correct.