We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

I Always Sing Live

By Today's Standards, Has Brit Ever Been Problematic?

2 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Calling gays cute is homophobic now? :calculating:

People are so offended by everything these days. But maybe she should’ve chosen her words more carefully when she called them “somewhat girls” :tiffcackle:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/02/britney-spears-gay-fans_n_4371744.html

“They’re somewhat girls, so it’s so inspiring to do stuff that they like to hear, like the cool ‘in’ stuff. Whatever I do for each record is definitely inspired by them.”

this interview, i choked on my scream :dead:

4 hours ago, danny1994 said:

Yeah that would definitely be criticized a lor today, and rightfully so. Using an illness as a synonym for stupid isn’t cool.

I mean people used the word as a synonym when she was younger so I kind of understand if she slips up sometimes, the world has changed so much in the last ten years. There are some things you could say 10 years ago that you could never say now.

28 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

I mean people used the word as a synonym when she was younger so I kind of understand if she slips up sometimes, the world has changed so much in the last ten years. There are some things you could say 10 years ago that you could never say now.

Right, that’s why I said she would be criticized today for it. I understand her using it as a kid, a lot of kids didn’t know the true meaning.

But she even used it like a couple years ago, so I can’t defend that.

6 hours ago, danny1994 said:

Calling gays cute is homophobic now? :calculating:

People are so offended by everything these days. But maybe she should’ve chosen her words more carefully when she called them “somewhat girls” :tiffcackle:

She didn't call us cute. She called us "somewhat girls". Which to be fair, was offensive as f**k at the time, but now in hindsight I low-key see what she meant. :tiffcackle: 

6 hours ago, danny1994 said:

She has a way with words sometimes :tiffcackle:

"My pu$$y is hangin' out, y'all!"

1 hour ago, danny1994 said:

Right, that’s why I said she would be criticized today for it. I understand her using it as a kid, a lot of kids didn’t know the true meaning.

But she even used it like a couple years ago, so I can’t defend that.

She even used it during POM. :icant2: