We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

MmmDani

Britney Metacritic scores

58 minutes ago, WilderWein said:

Its like r o tt e n Tomatoes, dont take it too seriously. Not everyone in the whole wide world who listened to the album will vote.

I don't think anyone takes either of those sites seriously tbh 

51 minutes ago, MmmDani said:

I don't think anyone takes either of those sites seriously tbh 

Except they do. Metacritic is just a combination of reviews - they're not the ones reviewing the album - and people do take it seriously when, for example, buying an album, video game, etc. Even this place takes it seriously or are we all gonna forget the way ya'll wouldn't shut up about Glory's 71 score? :whitney:

2 minutes ago, If U Seek Me said:

Metacritic is such a messy website. They mix professional (journalist) reviews with amateurs ones.

For instance, this "Coke Machine Glow" which gave 29 to Blackout looks like a random blog. :juggingu:

That page doesn't even exist anymore. We should email Metacritic to have it removed and improve Blackout's overall score.

Blackout was rated based on her personal life and media persona rather than the music. It's an essential pop album i.e. the superior and dark version of Femme Fatale. It wasn't appreciated as much as it should've been same with the Britney album. I think they enjoyed giving mediocre reviews to the massive pop stars. I feel like pop stars today(who are at best average) get way more passes and credit compared to early Beyonce, Britney and Christina when the latter group is actually very talented with tons of natural charisma and X factor. The Britney album could've been better simply due to them combining the Crossroads soundtrack with her music BUT it's still a good album. I'm always amazed that she did so much before 30. Can you imagine any pop star today writing Touch of my hand or breathe on me at like 22? 

58 minutes ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

Blackout was rated based on her personal life and media persona rather than the music. It's an essential pop album i.e. the superior and dark version of Femme Fatale. It wasn't appreciated as much as it should've been same with the Britney album. I think they enjoyed giving mediocre reviews to the massive pop stars. I feel like pop stars today(who are at best average) get way more passes and credit compared to early Beyonce, Britney and Christina when the latter group is actually very talented with tons of natural charisma and X factor. The Britney album could've been better simply due to them combining the Crossroads soundtrack with her music BUT it's still a good album. I'm always amazed that she did so much before 30. Can you imagine any pop star today writing Touch of my hand or breathe on me at like 22? 

above all COMPOSE AND WRITE a Masterpiece like Everytime! That song gives me chills  (PS agree with your comment wholeheartedly) :kiss: 

they're just a bunch of haters for the most part. You know Baby one more time got 2 stars from Rollingstone when she was new!? and then they saw how huge she became, gave oops 3.5 stars, put her on the cover soo many times and then they did a re-review of baby one more time and gave it 3 or 3.5 stars. of course blackout should be higher but the reviewer probably didn't like her at the time because of 2007ney stuff and gave it a low rating