We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Pink Says She Was "Never As Big As Britney Or Christina"

1 hour ago, button said:

how exactly was i bitchy? by stating facts like Pink peaked early in her career (like britney and christina) or her career having ups and downs and a couple of commercial bombs (thus not stable) or Pink's fanbase being majorarily soccer moms (which pink herself admits and acknowledged in that interview)? :tiffcackle:

good for you that u find all her songs good. most of her discography is the same sh!t Max Martin-produced punk pop song she has been rehashing over and over for more than 10 years. :tiffcackle:

The last sentence of this first paragraph, and the whole second paragraph is literally bullshit :calculating:

She’s not wrong. Pink is much bigger and more universal now than she ever was in her “prime”. Britney and Christina were definitely much bigger than Pink back in the day, with Britney being the most popular out of the 3, but Pink is now the only one who still has a relevant and successful career. Pink’s career has only gotten bigger and better, and she’s still selling albums and charting at the top of the charts, while Britney’s and Christina’s music careers have pretty much died (especially Xtina’s). Sometimes it pays to be the odd one out... 

13 hours ago, Mannequin* said:

she wasn't sexy, or very female to be compared to those.... she has always that rockstar, shemale, aspect, I'm sorry but is the truth 

She male? :wyd:

i don't think anybody ever thought of her as that. Lesbian sure 

Remember when Jessica Simpson complained she always was third place to Britney and Christina, yet she was the biggest thing during 2003-3006 when Britney's popularity died down? She had one of the highest selling albums in 2003, only 3 million less than Britney's album during that year and her fourth still did not do well even when not having to compete at all with Britney during that time.

I don't really understand these early 2000s artists. Katy Perry never complained about Lady Gaga getting more attention and by the time Gaga was less talked about, Katy got her shot in the spotlight. That is generally how it worked and it could have been the case for each of those artists after Britney's popularity died down, yet they still choose to complain. Aren't they supposed to love their career and not be so invested in being the biggest when most artists would kill to have an ounce of the successful they have had? 

1 hour ago, DMVofficial said:

Not a fan of P!nk but she's definitely bigger than Xtina now. P!nk is about to start on a new tour, something christina hasn't been able to do in over a decade :tiffcackle:

Sis get your facts straight! Xtina just embarked on her 1 stop Oreo competition tour, filling up the hotel lobby

Queen of sales and relevancy

P!nk may not have had such a peak as britney 1999-2001 but she is still going strong in 2017. She is a true artist and definitely underrated. She writes amazing songs and her voice is unbelievable. She has a great personality and isn't afraid to speak out for what she believes in. She is such a great role model and I really admire her.

Be nice everyone. Even britney likes pink. 

1 hour ago, sarahbbyy said:

Remember when Jessica Simpson complained she always was third place to Britney and Christina, yet she was the biggest thing during 2003-3006 when Britney's popularity died down? She had one of the highest selling albums in 2003, only 3 million less than Britney's album during that year and her fourth still did not do well even when not having to compete at all with Britney during that time.

I don't really understand these early 2000s artists. Katy Perry never complained about Lady Gaga getting more attention and by the time Gaga was less talked about, Katy got her shot in the spotlight. That is generally how it worked and it could have been the case for each of those artists after Britney's popularity died down, yet they still choose to complain. Aren't they supposed to love their career and not be so invested in being the biggest when most artists would kill to have an ounce of the successful they have had? 

Jessica was never the "biggest thing" at any point of her career. Britney, Beyoncé and Alicia Keys all dropped albums in 2003 and had hits throughout 2004 as well. Christina was active in 2003. Avril Lavigne dropped an album in 2004. Kelly Clarkson was massive in 2005 + Mariah and Madonna had huge comebacks the same year. 2006 also had big releases from Beyoncé, Rihanna ect.

And I doubt Jessica's 2003 album sold as much as you're claiming. It had terrible global peaks and didn't chart at all in most markets. In fact, the only country it went top 10 in was the US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_This_Skin#Weekly_charts

Jessica had a sizable media presence in 2003-2007 but as far as music and sales go, she never made a dent. She had her moment as a celebrity, but not as a popstar.

1 hour ago, sarahbbyy said:

13 minutes ago, button said:

Jessica was never the "biggest thing" at any point of her career. Britney, Beyoncé and Alicia Keys all dropped albums in 2003 and had hits throughout 2004 as well. Christina was active in 2003. Avril Lavigne dropped an album in 2004. Kelly Clarkson was massive in 2005 + Mariah and Madonna had huge comebacks the same year. 2006 also had big releases from Beyoncé, Rihanna ect.

And I doubt Jessica's 2003 album sold as much as you're claiming. It had terrible global peaks and didn't chart at all in most markets. In fact, the only country it went top 10 in was the US.

Jessica had a sizable media presence in 2003-2007 but as far as music and sales go, she never made a dent. She had her moment as a celebrity, but not as a popstar.

Jessica wasn't big in the music scene. She just had her big break ala JLO in the celebrity sphere when she married Nick Lachey and Newlyweds was part of the reality TV boom along with The Simple Life. Then came her big role as Daisy Duke and that just landed her magazine covers and cemented her as a sex symbol with that bikini car wash scene.

3 hours ago, Pinky98 said:

The last sentence of this first paragraph, and the whole second paragraph is literally bullshit :calculating:

yeah i'm sure u know pink's main demographic better than pink HERSELF. :tiffcackle: How about u try doing a twitter research of "p!nk soccer mom" and read the countless tweets that will show up before you? :tiffcackle: Linking p!nk with soccer moms has been a thing for the longest. it's the demographic she appeals the most to which also explains very well why she has good pure sales but catastrophic streaming. she's aware that her streaming numbers are weak and acknowledged the fact that it's due to her fans being mostly soccer moms in the interview I showed u. she said so HERSELF. sorry that u can't deal with it. :tiffcackle:

here it is again. read it. accept it. move on.

DLYy37sW0AU7DkP.jpg:large

and why is the second part i wrote about her music "bullshit"?  :tiffcackle:@satanic cheri candy lotion thoughts on what i said?

20 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Jessica wasn't big in the music scene. She just had her big break ala JLO in the celebrity sphere when she married Nick Lachey and Newlyweds was part of the reality TV boom along with The Simple Life. Then came her big role as Daisy Duke and that just landed her magazine covers and cemented her as a sex symbol with that bikini car wash scene.

Yeah actually I don't know why I even bothered bringing up big names that are totally out of her league like Britney, Alicia ect.

Her music career stats are a joke. (outside of In this skin's US sales). Her relevancy came from being on a TV reality show featuring a rich family. She was just a big celeb that made moderately successful music.

42 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

“Tired of being compared to damn Britney Spears”

Then why you so jealous bitch :tiffcackle:

True though! When Pink started out I always thought she didn't want to be seen as the 'new Britney' or whatever... maybe why she dyed her hair pink to begin with? :mattafact: 

Although Pink's career right now is pretty successful and What About Us (her new single) is doing well. The Truth About Love and its singles were massive too. I'd say she's bigger than Xtina atm, maybe even Britney as Britney hasn't had a top 10 hit for a while... (but Glory did still go top 10 lol)

7 minutes ago, Isla. said:

True though! When Pink started out I always thought she didn't want to be seen as the 'new Britney' or whatever... maybe why she dyed her hair pink to begin with? :mattafact: 

Although Pink's career right now is pretty successful and What About Us (her new single) is doing well. The Truth About Love and its singles were massive too. I'd say she's bigger than Xtina atm, maybe even Britney as Britney hasn't had a top 10 hit for a while... (but Glory did still go top 10 lol)

Yeah exactly, I don’t know why she’s complaining that she felt left out. She purposefully distanced herself from those people :tiffcackle:

And you’re right, she is successful atm. It’s like she’s begging to be recognized more, but she has plenty of recognition already.

2 hours ago, button said:

That is because the show rose up her numbers. She released it right with the show but it had not made her popular yet up until the whole fish in the sea comment made her a household name(for obvious reasons).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_This_Skin

In This Skin went on to become the thirty-fifth best selling album of 2004 in the United States and has sold over seven million copies worldwide.[2] The album was ranked number 153 on the list of the top-selling albums of the 2000s by Billboard magazine.[3]

She was never known for her music yet she became a huge name and it helped her album sell. Still she did not use that same attention to make Public Affair sell the same amount, which is what I mean.

Remember, the show only made her popular in the US at the time, not worldwide, so it would have taken forever for her to reach that height, yet she actually did eventually.

http://www.ifpi.org/content/library/worldsales2004.pdf PAGE 5

Plus, I never said she was the biggest thing in MUSIC. I said her name was huge(Kardashian style[I know that is not a compliment]) and it helped sell her third album yet it did not help her for her fourth album. How else would she able to have a J-LO level of success in clothing?

2 hours ago, Isla. said:

I quote one of Pink songs:

'Tired of being compared to damn Britney Spears, she’s so pretty that just ain’t me.'

There you have it :mattafact: