We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Iggy Azalea Brings The Bass In Zedd-Produced Bop "Boom Boom"

She got it got it.

Iggy got it got it.

Once upon a time, Iggy Azalea was under the impression she would be able to release her album Digital Distortion. The Australian rap star recorded some serious bangers, like "Team," "Mo Bounce" and "Switch" featuring Anitta. She also teamed up with super-producer Zedd at some point and recorded a monster. A one-minute preview of the track is now online. It's titled "Boom Boom" and is featured on the upcoming Just Dance 2018 game (out Oct. 24).

There's a singing feature on it, but that's not Iggy; she sticks to rapping. "I got that boom boom all up in your face," she spits over Zedd's bombastic production. In an interview with Beats 1 earlier this year, Zedd said the collaboration was "one of the most creative songs I’ve ever created."

It's really a shame what happened to Iggy this year. Let's pray 2018 treats her a lot better.

Listen to a preview of "Boom Boom" below:

Thoughts on "Boom Boom?" Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

20 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Did he honestly have any to begin with? I don't want to be mean, but all his stuff sounds alike and has the same generic EDM formula. :blurp:

I mean, you're kinda right but Iggy is on another level of gurl bye... :mhm: I actually enjoyed her 1st album but I'm sure she had like no involvement in the songwriting and it's T.I.'s baby so... :donewithit:

Just now, I Always Sing Live said:

I mean, you're kinda right but Iggy is on another level of gurl bye... :mhm: I actually enjoyed her 1st album but I'm sure she had like no involvement in the songwriting and it's T.I.'s baby so... :donewithit:

I put hip hop artists on a different pedestal than pop artists. I do not care about Britney or Beyonce or Madonna or anyone else that doesn't write all of their music because they make up for it with other talents. They sing, they dance, etc.

However for a hip hop artist, that's all you have. Hip hop music comes from authenticity. Hip hop albums are a reflection of the artist's feelings. If you're not writing it, and you can't write in the first place, and you're putting on an accent and an image to portray hip hop stereotypes then you're garbage, plain and simple. She seems like a sweet girl but she needs to not be a rapper if she doesn't have the goods.

Um hi guys where y'all been?  This song has been out ever since digital distortion leaked. It's a banger but why are we talking about it 4months later?  

I hope it gets a proper release. Sure the lyrics arent the greatest but it puts me in a dancing mood so I'm good

On 6.10.2017 at 10:09 PM, BoyToySoldier said:

I put hip hop artists on a different pedestal than pop artists. I do not care about Britney or Beyonce or Madonna or anyone else that doesn't write all of their music because they make up for it with other talents. They sing, they dance, etc.

However for a hip hop artist, that's all you have. Hip hop music comes from authenticity. Hip hop albums are a reflection of the artist's feelings. If you're not writing it, and you can't write in the first place, and you're putting on an accent and an image to portray hip hop stereotypes then you're garbage, plain and simple. She seems like a sweet girl but she needs to not be a rapper if she doesn't have the goods.

I agree on that, that she should bring at least something new. But i don't know why is everyone hating on her so much, americanenglish is everywhere, so it makes sense to sing/rap like that.

In my opinion it doesn't make sense for another example that we learn british english in school (europe), when the reality is that we are surrounded by americanenglish.

1 hour ago, Alexanda said:

I agree on that, that she should bring at least something new. But i don't know why is everyone hating on her so much, americanenglish is everywhere, so it makes sense to sing/rap like that.

In my opinion it doesn't make sense for another example that we learn british english in school (europe), when the reality is that we are surrounded by americanenglish.

The issue with her is that she's a white woman from Australia that comes over to the states and adopts the hip hop culture for her career and profit, and in return isn't speaking out on black issues or giving back to the community that created that culture and pushed it into the mainstream.

So she's out here with butt implants, a southern black rap accent, making videos in the ghetto when she's not even from the ghetto, etc. She's a caricature of the southern black hip hop culture because she wasn't raised or helmed by it, she's just taking advantage of it because it's easier to play a character than finding her own identity in hip hop as a white Australian woman.

For example, in that video I just posted listen to how she talks. Why can't she rap like that? Why does she sound like a Hotlanta black woman while rapping? It's like Miley Cyrus using the same culture for her Bangerz era and now denouncing it as a phase and inappropriate now that she's back to country music. It's very degrading to use people's cultures and livelihoods to make a profit and then just throw it under the bus once you're bored of it and feel like doing something else.