We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Camila Cabello's Album Delayed To 2018, Scrapping "Crying In The Club"

A solid plan.

There have been some interesting revelations with Camila Cabello's forthcoming debut solo album.

The singer was handed a catchy Sia-penned club track with "Crying In The Club," which she tirelessly promoted at first, but it didn't stick the way her Pharrell-produced mid-tempo with "Havana" has. The latter is steadily trickling up the Hot 100 with very little promotion (it reached a new peak this week at No. 44). That inspired the singer to go back to the drawing board. Not only is she delaying her album until 2018, but she's leaving "Crying In The Club" off of it.

"I think it’ll come at the top of next year," Camila tells Official Charts of her forthcoming record. "You know, you only have one chance to make a debut album and at this point I have so many songs I’m passionate about. You know those albums where they are clearly songs that aren’t as good as the singles. I want every song to be single-worthy."

Very good point.

She added: "I can’t imagine releasing something that isn’t that. For example, there’s nothing I wouldn’t do for Havana – I’m so proud of it and I want to feel that way about every song. I have a lot of songs I feel that way about already, but for the amount I want to have on that album, I want to feel that way about every song."

Asked whether her album is about 80% finished, the singer agreed. In a separate interview, she also explained why "Crying" won't make the cut.

Thoughts on Camila's album plans? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

15 minutes ago, brocklovesgreys said:

Okay, but CITC was the only somewhat decent song she's released so far..so..:ehum:

well she's trying to have her Same Old Love moment with her cover "Havana" but I never liked any of her songs and that video of her crying because Justin listened to a Selena ripoff... she's so annoying and basic, no stage presence, no personality... nothing

1 minute ago, MANDIXMX said:

A lot of you are so hateful and toxic towards Camila when she has more talent in her pinky than many of the current pop girls, including Britney. Stay pressed. :tiffcackle:

Calling a sh!t song, sh!t is hateful? It's literally Cheap Thrills / Shape of You 3.0, a throwaway Sia reject that was written while she was taking a dump. It was a terrible lead single and Havana should have been released from the start. I'm glad Camila wised up, it won't be hard for her to top that garbage 5H album now. Havana alone is stronger than any of their songs. :beysip:

52 minutes ago, MANDIXMX said:

A lot of you are so hateful and toxic towards Camila when she has more talent in her pinky than many of the current pop girls, including Britney. Stay pressed. :tiffcackle:

her music is sh!t tho :tiffcackle: at least britney has in the zone as part of her discography, when will camila ever? :tiffcackle:

2 hours ago, MANDIXMX said:

Many?

I'd say Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Charli XCX, Sia, Tinashe, Kesha, P!nk, Carly Rae Jepsen, even Katy Perry have way more talent in putting on a show or distinguish themselves through their songwriting or vocally. And the list goes on... :tiffcackle:

Call me when Canola puts on a performance as iconic as Britney's 2001 VMAs performance. :begone::flop: