We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Pink Says Dr. Luke Is "Not A Good Person"

Karma.

Pink is the latest pop star to come forward and shed light on Dr. Luke's dark demeanor.

Luke is embroiled in a legal battle with Kesha still, who is suing the infamous producer for sexual assault, among other allegations (and which he adamantly denies) and wants out of her contract with him. There are no signs that it will get resolved any time soon, but as the pages of the calendar turn, more of Kesha's pop peers are affirming what she's been saying all along – Dr. Luke is a bad man.

Kelly Clarkson recently opened up about her terrible experiences working with him. You can read about that here. Ditto for Pink. In a new interview with the New York Times, Pink said he is "not a good person."

“I don’t know what happened,” she said of Kesha’s harrowing encounters with Luke. “But I know that regardless of whether or not Dr. Luke did that, this is his karma and he earned it because he’s not a good person.”

“I have told him that to his face and I do not work with him,” she added. “He doesn’t do good business, he’s not a kind person, he doesn’t do the right thing when given ample opportunities to do so, and I don’t really feel that bad for him.”

Dr. Luke co-wrote and produced three songs on Pink’s third record, 2003’s Try This.

Pink's forthcoming album, Beautiful Trauma, drops October 13. Today (Oct. 5), she released a new single titled "Whatever You Want" and announced tour dates for the Beautiful Trauma Tour.

Thoughts on Pink's statements about Luke? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

2 minutes ago, Brat2017 said:

Everyone is pointing the finger at Dr. Luke but none of them give specific reasons why :sippinga:

I mean at this point it's clear he doesn't get along with people of a specific personality. Kesha, Kelly Clarkson and P!nk all have a very similar musical approach and way of thinking.

I don't expect Britney to say anything, but I haven't heard his other collaborations such as Avril, Paris Hilton and The Veronicas say anything about him that was perceived as bad. In fact, Avril was all smiles with him and it seemed like they genuinely got along. I honestly wonder what's wrong...

15 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I mean at this point it's clear he doesn't get along with people of a specific personality. Kesha, Kelly Clarkson and P!nk all have a very similar musical approach and way of thinking.

I don't expect Britney to say anything, but I haven't heard his other collaborations such as Avril, Paris Hilton and The Veronicas say anything about him that was perceived as bad. In fact, Avril was all smiles with him and it seemed like they genuinely got along. I honestly wonder what's wrong...

It seems like he likes be in control because he has a vision for certain albums and artists.

He's an amazing producer and has made a lot of hits for all of these complaining divas

He's hot btw too

avril, paris and Britney all seem fairly agreeable. they are also very similar in looks; conventionally attractive, slim blondes. 

kelly clarkson, kesha and pink seem a little more 'hands on' in their approach to their music, and also have differing body types, and I could see, if dr Luke is the misogynistic  p.o.s that ppl are claiming, him treating these girls worse than the others, and getting frustrated with them. 

he sounds like the worst type of guy tbh. 

9 minutes ago, MX3 said:

avril, paris and Britney all seem fairly agreeable. they are also very similar in looks; conventionally attractive, slim blondes. 

kelly clarkson, kesha and pink seem a little more 'hands on' in their approach to their music, and also have differing body types, and I could see, if dr Luke is the misogynistic  p.o.s that ppl are claiming, him treating these girls worse than the others, and getting frustrated with them. 

Well, femme fatale is probably the album Britney was LEAST involved in so I don't see them butting heads in that situation. I'm pretty sure avril is involved in her music but I'm not sure what they've done together. I mean, where there's smoke theres fire, I can't be a coincidence that several people have had issues with him. 

3 minutes ago, JJones12992 said:

Well, femme fatale is probably the album Britney was LEAST involved in so I don't see them butting heads in that situation. I'm pretty sure avril is involved in her music but I'm not sure what they've done together. I mean, where there's smoke theres fire, I can't be a coincidence that several people have had issues with him. 

They didn't say their issues until after the Kesha thing came out though to my knowledge. Some ppl back peddle when they hear something shady about someone. It's human nature to try and distance yourself. 

Do I think Kesha is lying, no I don't but there are always two sides to a story. That's why court exists to get an outside view. 

From Butch Walker's book from 2011:

Dr. Luke apparently is known for chopping up old songs on Pro Tools and changing the smallest part necessary to consider it a new song. So he chops up an old song he did with another artist. Gives it to P!nk. Basically selling the same song twice. But she didn't know until after the song was out. And she was pissed. She confronted him about it and told him to f*ck off she would never work with him again. He says she never liked him in the first place but was working with Max and this guy was brought in.

P!nk only worked with him on three songs on the same album in 2005, and that was only because of Max Martin.

57 minutes ago, JJones12992 said:

Britney worked with him on 4 different albums though.

His song for Blackout was canned, then there's Circus and Femme Fatale which were extensive and then there's the one song on Britney Jean. It doesn't surprise me that his work exists on the tracklists of albums that Britney had the least amount of musical input in.

1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

They didn't say their issues until after the Kesha thing came out though to my knowledge. Some ppl back peddle when they hear something shady about someone. It's human nature to try and distance yourself. 

Do I think Kesha is lying, no I don't but there are always two sides to a story. That's why court exists to get an outside view. 

When were they asked about him prior to this though? Kelly isn’t one to just blast people unless brought up. She’s very professional. 

I imagine the same with P!nk too. I don’t follow her enough to know how she is on social media though.

2 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Britney worked with him on 4 different albums though.

His song for Blackout was canned, then there's Circus and Femme Fatale which were extensive and then there's the one song on Britney Jean. It doesn't surprise me that his work exists on the tracklists of albums that Britney had the least amount of musical input in.

And let's not forget the ultimate bop that is Ooh la la :lollipop:

12 hours ago, MX3 said:

I believe that he has a certain vision on songs he produced, and he's not that kind of producer that would listen to the singer what so ever.

So singer with their own vision would not like him.

(But the visions are good visions though

15 hours ago, Brat2017 said:

Everyone is pointing the finger at Dr. Luke but none of them give specific reasons why :sippinga:

The impression I get, is that he does bad business. Is very greedy about royalties/ his share of profits. Recycle his own songs,   Is super controlling and generally not a very nice person. 

29 minutes ago, nwonder said:

The impression I get, is that he does bad business. Is very greedy about royalties/ his share of profits. Recycle his own songs,   Is super controlling and generally not a very nice person. 

Yep. He threw P!nk out of a club when she confronted him about him reusing a Veronicas' song for U + Ur Hand.

16 hours ago, Brat2017 said:

I mean hes an extremely powerful man in the music industry. And pop industry has never been more monopolized than last couple of years where only 2 producers out of 100 amazing ones get to produce singles. It is not because their products are the best, its because they hold the monopoly over labels and artists, practically forcing artists indirectly to use their products as singles. Max Martin and Dr. Luke have complete control over so many artists its simply stupid and insane. For that reason most of the stars are afraid of standing up against Dr. Luke, he's got his label holding his back plus a shitload of money, influence and connections. Trust me honey, any industry that has billions circulating in it is nothing but pure plain evil, people working in it believe in only one God and that would be the dollar, everything else is of complete irrelevance to them.

2 hours ago, nwonder said:

Dr.Luke controlled Kesha life by taking HER royalties, abused and bullied her entire family financially. But yes, Karma does exist, and slavery is something that shouldn't exist anymore. specially someone that raped(claimed), financially and mentally abused you. Do you expect to hear a single word from the other side? No thank you.

If people are coming even more for him at this point, other celebs, that's just backlash... enough backlash to confirm the lack of character he is as a human being. So yes, I do believe Kesha, I believe everything, at the end of the day she was brave enough to stand up, even tho she had everything to lose.