We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

WilderWein

"My family just always walked around the house naked. We were earthy people"

OMG this article made me laugh so fucking much :haha: You can see how damn frustrated the interviewer was with what she was saying haha. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE how at the end (s)he really didn't know and couldn't figure out whether Britney was a genius existentialist or a hopeless case.

Imagine you're sitting in a room with Britney and the walls are bright red.

You: Britney, why did you paint the walls red?

Britney: I didn't paint them red. They're not red. :ehno:

You: Yes, they're red. I mean, look at them, they're freaking bright red.

Britney: You know, it's cool. I know people will think the wall is red but I just see it as this inspirational thing, you know. :soyeah:

You: Huh?

Britney: It's like they WANT the wall to be red, but it's not?! I mean I get it but I also don't get it - why does the wall HAVE to be red? It's not all that serious, you know? The wall is just there to inspire people. Like, empower them in a way when they come through the door. :mhm:

You: That's great, but just admit it's red.

Britney: That's your perception of it. You have a perception, I have one. Everybody has one, it's cool, you know what I'm saying? :yeaok:

You: No, not at all.

Britney: That's cool. :imcute:

I can't help myself ... I just love her too damn much :oknolol:

14 minutes ago, MaPlayz said:

OMG this article made me laugh so fucking much :haha: You can see how damn frustrated the interviewer was with what she was saying haha. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE how at the end (s)he really didn't know and couldn't figure out whether Britney was a genius existentialist or a hopeless case.

Image you're sitting in a room with Britney and the walls are bright red.

You: Britney, why did you paint the walls red?

Britney: I didn't paint them red. They're not red.

You: Yes, they're red. I mean, look at them, they're freaking bright red.

Britney: You know, it's cool. I know people will think the wall is red but I just see it as this inspirational thing, you know it's cool.

You: Huh?

Britney: It's like they WANT the wall to be red, but it's not, you know?! I mean I get it but I also don't get it - why does the wall HAVE to be red? It's not all that serious, you know? The wall is just there to inspire people. Like, empower them in a way when they come through the door.

You: That's great, but just admit it's red.

Britney: That's your perception of it. You have a perception, I have one. Everybody has one, it's cool, you know what I'm saying?

You: No, not at all.

Britney: That's cool.

I can't help myself ... I just love her too damn much :oknolol:

Yes, it's completely hilarious how unintelligent she comes off as. Very attractive. No wonder she can't keep her a man in her life. 

6 minutes ago, In Britney's Zone said:

Yes, it's completely hilarious how unintelligent she comes off. Very attractive. No wonder she can't keep her a man in her life. 

That was not my intention to paint her as unintelligent and I don't think she is - if anything I meant to say the opposite, which I think is also the conclusion the author of the article came to. What I meant by what I wrote is that she is THE expert when it comes to not acknowledging the pink elephant in the room. She'll sit there and pretend like she has no clue what you're talking about and she does it damn well every time - whether it's the lip synching, her sexuality etc. But I think she sure as hell knows what is going on and how she comes across. Otherwise you simply can't pull this sort of thing off for years on end.

Also what you said regarding her not keeping a man in her life is really mean.

36 minutes ago, On the Scene said:

It was so weird how Britney always seemed oblivious (or pretended to be) to the fact that her image was sexy and that it was part of her appeal. 

I think the journalist was onto something when he said that she never confirms or denies anything related to her image, because as long as she doesn't acknowledge it, she is more of a blank canvas that provides room for everyone's interpretation. The moment she would have defined herself as a sex symbol, the 7 year old girl wouldn't find her relatable anymore. The moment she would have defined herself as the hardworking, ever-clean good girl who doesn't have a naughty thought in her head and doesn't like guys, the teenage boys/men would have lost interest in her. The way she did it, it kept everyone's interest and eyes on her. It was a brilliant move from a business strategy POV.

Granted, I don't think Britney knew all that at the time or was even aware of it. I think when she was younger and a bit more naive, she was probably just told by management what to say and what not to say and how to react in uncomfortable interview situations . Having said that, she was definitely aware that she wasn't as innocent as they made her out to be, nor was she the whore the media portrayed her as sometimes. She knew who she was and just played along, and she did a brilliant job at, as you said, "seeming oblivious."

Also I think her management, in part at least, wanted to protect her from these disgusting vultures. I mean think about having a 16 year old daughter in the public eye. She'll go to a press conference to promote her music and then you have 50 year olds asking her whether she's still a virgin. They had to come up with a plan on how to walk that fine line between innocent and anything but; Innocent enough to shame these 50 year olds for their questions saying "She's 16, how dare you ask something like that?" and anything but innocent to give the boys/men something to dream about... and they did a damn good job at it.

1 hour ago, In Britney's Zone said:

Yes, it's completely hilarious how unintelligent she comes off as. Very attractive. No wonder she can't keep her a man in her life. 

Some people say criticizing Britney’s performances and work ethic makes us haters, yikes. Never see you called out on posts like these though.

14 minutes ago, Dripping For Britney said:

I wish I could see Daddy Spears walking about the house with his big juicy sausage swinging about 

tenor.gif

Bleh. I still have nightmares from my own father's inability to tighten his robe!! That and the first penis I ever saw was David Bowies in The Man Who Fell to Earth. I have no idea how I managed to overcome those images.

2 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Lash the Britards :tiffcackle:

It’s just crazy how they always target the same group of people, but they don’t go after people who say actual hateful things about Britney. Saying she’s stupid and can’t hold a man is much worse than anything any of us have said 

2 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Lash the Britards :tiffcackle:

23 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

It’s just crazy how they always target the same group of people, but they don’t go after people who say actual hateful things about Britney. Saying she’s stupid and can’t hold a man is much worse than anything any of us have said 

Come for her career and you get bashed

Come for her as a person and it's fine

exhaleeuzs.gif

4 hours ago, MaPlayz said:

The moment she would have defined herself as a sex symbol, the 7 year old girl wouldn't find her relatable anymore. The moment she would have defined herself as the hardworking, ever-clean good girl who doesn't have a naughty thought in her head and doesn't like guys, the teenage boys/men would have lost interest in her. The way she did it, it kept everyone's interest and eyes on her. It was a brilliant move from a business strategy POV.

You're smart af, never thought of that  :girlwhat:

5 hours ago, In Britney's Zone said:

:wyd:

39 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

You and your friends say way worse things about Britney and her personal life tho. You basically call her unintelligent but with different words :wyd:

4 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

:wyd:

You and your friends say way worse things about Britney and her personal life tho. You basically call her unintelligent but with different words :wyd:

Receipts :whitney:

We’ve said she uses poor judgement, when have we ever called her unintelligent:whitney: