We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Céline Dion's Speech About The Las Vegas Tragedy Is The Most Important Thing You'll Watch Today

A living legend.

Céline Dion delivered an important message of hope and love ahead of her show at the Colosseum in Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.

It was a difficult decision for Dion to perform only two days after a crazed psychopath ruthlessly murdered 59 people and injured more than 515 at the Route 91 Harvest festival. The singer opened the show in a way she does not usually do: in front of the curtain.

"Tonight is very different," Dion said. "After Sunday night's incredibly tragic event, all of us here find ourselves asking a similar question. For you, it's, 'Do we still go to Celine's show on Tuesday night, only two days after the nightmare?' For me, it's, 'Can I still do my show? Should I still do my show only two days after the nightmare?' These are difficult questions."

Dion said she decided to continue with the performances "to show love and support for those who are affected."

"On Sunday, we lost too many beautiful, innocent souls and so many are still suffering. But tonight, we are going to let these families know that we are supporting them and that we will help them through their tragic loss," she said. "They are going to need a lot of love, a ton of emotional support, as well as a great deal of financial aid."

Dion also revealed that proceeds from that show will be donated which brought the audience to their feet in applause.

"I want you to know that you have made the right choice in being here tonight," she said.

Watch below:

Thoughts on Dion's speech? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

This was a beautiful, kind, and amazing gesture! :gobaby: there are no words to describe how gracefully she handled herself!

For me it is when Artists show such compassion for humanity and humility, is when they show how incredible of a human being they are.

Celine has always been for me an amazing vocalist, as of this video she is an inspiring, kindhearted human being. There aren't many in the world, but we must learn to cherish such treasures.

Ariana had similarly shown courage, resolve and kindness in the face of a troublesome time and so has Celine, in their own way.

I want other artists (including Britney) to learn and follow these situations as an example. On how a simple act can mean so much, how a beautiful speech can touch hearts. I don't mean to discredited other artists who have played their parts in similar such circumstances or who have done their part in helping humanity. I just mean that, this moment should be made into an example! and this incredible woman as a role model!

Once again, Celine Dion! What an Incredible Human being!