We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Selena Gomez Reportedly Readying Documentary About Her Life With Lupus

She's human like the rest of us.

Selena Gomez will let fans see a very vulnerable side of herself.

In Touch reports the singer is planning to release a doc detailing her ups and downs with lupus.

“She’s making a documentary about her health issues,” a source tells the mag. It's always a ~source.~ “Selena will talk about her journey, give viewers insight into lupus and clear up any misunderstandings.”

They add she hopes her documentary will inspire others who are undergoing a similar fate. "Since having the transplant, Selena’s a changed woman and appreciates how lucky she is,” adds the source. “The whole experience has been life-changing."

Last month, Gomez shocked fans when she revealed that she had a kidney transplant. "I’m very aware some of my fans had noticed I was laying low for part of the summer and questioning why I wasn’t promoting my new music, which I was extremely proud of," she said. "So I found out I needed to get a kidney transplant due to my Lupus and was recovering. It was what I needed to do for my overall health."

Gaga, Demi and P!nk's documentaries touch on their personal lives, but mostly center around their roles as famous pop stars in the limelight (Gaga's did shed light no her chronic pain, though). Watching Selena pit the attention on something so personal could make for a really compelling film. I'm here for this.

Thoughts on Selena making a documentary about her struggles with lupus? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

13 hours ago, BreatheOnMoi said:

That's a great idea to bring attention to the disease. I always expected Toni Braxton to do something like this tbh. 

Maybe she'll be a part?

much respect Selena :lemmetellu: