We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Miley Cyrus' 'Younger Now' Is Not Selling Well

17 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Well to be fair, it's definitely in RCA's best interest for Miley to have another Bangerz-like era accompanied by an extremely lucrative and successful tour, rather than having her release a free album like Dead Petz or an essentially non-commercial album like Younger Now, for which she never planned on touring at all, even prior to the album's release (and subsequent revelation of a massive decline in sales). So anyway, I don't think her current poor chart performance is actually RCA's fault; I mean, she's been booked to perform on "The Tonight Show" every single night this week, and Fallon always grabs the most desired demo. It seems like the label just gives her a lot of freedom artistically.

Very insightful, thank you:makeitrain:

1 hour ago, Danishfan said:

It's a shame how some people here can't appreciate real music, but would rather listen to generic crap aka bangerz. 

I love Bangerz but Younger Now is so much better IMO. First it’s the first time Miley writes and co-writes all the songs (even tho she used to co-write most of the songs on her previous records). Second, the album has a true positive and relaxing vibe imo and in this time i want music like that and not songs about being blind to what’s happening in the world and let’s party... Yes her numbers are not great but her album is different from the main pop girls’ this year. Rainbow by Kesha could be similar, Joanne last year but those were pop records influenced by country... YN is a country record influenced by pop. The thing is that Miley has alienated some of her fans with Dead Petz and the end of the Bangerz tour when everything felt too try-hard and too weird. And now she comes back with her new version of herself, softer... I’m pretty sure had she released the album right after Malibu, her numbers would have been near the 100k mark but at that time she only had 6 songs: Younger Now, Malibu, Miss You so Much, Thinkin, Week Withou You and Inspired... anyway I don’t care about the charts, I love her record and I bought it on iTunes and in physical shape.

I don’t get it, Miley actually has a good voice but she’s wasting it on trash like this and Bangerz. I listened to some of YN, it’s a mess :gross:

No wonder she barely promoted it on Jimmy Fallon last week, she just sang covers (which actually sounded good)

I haven't listened to this album because I just can't stand her voice anymore.... it was cute when she was younger but as she has gotten older it sounds more and more like a goat wearing a retainer or something.  I know that sounds mean, I just can't.  :triggered:  

4 hours ago, ChosenSparkles said:

#5 With 45k sps and 33k in pure

demi is #3 with 70k sps and 48k in pure

Nnn and I thought Demi would have done worse :orangu: