We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Miley Cyrus' 'Younger Now' Is Not Selling Well

Why are all the posts being striked out? :orangu: 

It's funny cause this album is doing better on iTunes in my country than Shania's album NNN although I think Wolf Alice will get number 1.

I have the album and found it quite depressing during the the 1st few listens. I'm warming up to it now but it's definitely not her best work. Also I honestly don't think she looks very happy in the album booklet/artwork. Like others have said this era seems to be an attempt to fix her reputation and regain some respect from the public. She isn't enjoying this era which is why she isn't touring, but its a means to an end and her next album will be pop gold.

This is a bad time to do this album. Pop artists are struggling as is (minus a few) so pop music needs to be top notch in order to succeed. 

Personally I don't like it but can respect it. 

Pop stars are so snoozeworthy these days though. It's no shock ppl are going to different genres 

Much people started stanning her with Bangerz. I can buy that she felt hipersexualized and she doesn't want to go back to that point never again.  But, it was not a good idea to drag her old self to gain credibility. 

3 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Given that Miley is with RCA, I'm guessing everything was crossed out to demonstrate her current era hast been scrapped. 

This!! I wonder why RCA even bothers signing artists when the let them all flop unless you are named Justin Timberlake (love the guy but come on share the love)

1 hour ago, Anita d*ck said:

This!! I wonder why RCA even bothers signing artists when the let them all flop unless you are named Justin Timberlake (love the guy but come on share the love)

Well to be fair, it's definitely in RCA's best interest for Miley to have another Bangerz-like era accompanied by an extremely lucrative and successful tour, rather than having her release a free album like Dead Petz or an essentially non-commercial album like Younger Now, for which she never planned on touring at all, even prior to the album's release (and subsequent revelation of a massive decline in sales). So anyway, I don't think her current poor chart performance is actually RCA's fault; I mean, she's been booked to perform on "The Tonight Show" every single night this week, and Fallon always grabs the most desired demo. It seems like the label just gives her a lot of freedom artistically. 

And other than JT, RCA has definitely historically supported Sia and Pink; they've generally received heavy airplay in contrast to many of their contemporaries of the same gender and age-range. And Shakira is pretty much always relevant to some extent, even though she seems very averse to promo.

And currently, Kesha is definitely having a successful era, although that's arguably more due to her own efforts than the record labels.

Overall, however, it seems like RCA allows the majority of their artists to have quite a bit of autonomy, but do also support them with heavy promo when it's requested. I could be totally wrong though, the music industry is honestly too messed up for me to want to explore in too much detail.

Poor Miley. TBH, I've listened to the album a few times, but I'm just not digging it. I have to admit the country/folk style isn't really my favorite though, so it may take a few listens for it to grow on me. I love Malibu, and I like Younger Now and Inspired, but nothing else is really sticking out to me on the album. I want to like Rainbowland because I love Dolly, but I'm just not into yet. I don't think I'll end up liking this album as much as bangerz, can't be tamed, or breakout though tbh. 

Album got to number 8 in my country (UK). Considering it was doing really well on iTunes (even better than Shania's album at one point) I'm not sure what happened? Maybe not enough streams.

2 minutes ago, button said:

Final predictions:

http://hitsdailydouble.com/sales_plus_streaming

#1 Shania - 134k

#2 Tom Petty - 74k

#3 Demi Lovato - 73k

#4 A Boogie with Da Hoodie - 60k

#5 Miley Cyrus - 47k

:tiffcackle:

omg 1 & 2 stay winning, dont like shania but she obviously deserves it over the last 3

honey put on that party dress

ec716715263aab9e05a67951f730285b.gif